NewsAugust 28, 2022 12:14 PM ET10,727 views

Neurosis co-frontman Scott Kelly, admitting abuse of wife and children, retires

Scott Kelly

A statement posted by Neurosis co-frontman Scott Kelly on his Facebook page admits that he has abused his wife and younger children emotionally, financially, verbally and physically, and that he is "100% permanently retired from being a musician."

He writes:

"Due to recent events, I feel that I clearly need to address some rumors and set the record straight. For the past several years I have engaged in the emotional, financial, verbal and physical abuse of my wife and younger children. When I became paranoid that people were going to find out, I found ways to keep my wife and kids from work and school and created divisions with friends and family members. I became obsessed with control and used threats, manipulation, threats of self-harm and suicide, inflicted physical damage on people and their reputations all to keep that control. When I knew my wife was going to leave I tried to convince her and others that I was crazy, and seeing things, and that I did not know what I was doing. She tried to help me with therapy and psychiatrists. My lies and deceptions fell apart in front of the professionals. When my wife finally tried to leave, I stalked and harassed her day and night and caused her and our youngest to live in a constant state of fear. I have lied or told half truths to so many people about so much of this that I can't keep track of them. I don't want to lie about any of this anymore. I love my wife to no end. She is the best person that I know. She is intensely honest, loving and good to her core. This letter is massive simplification of the irreparable damage I have caused and the unforgivable things that I've done to her and our kids. To say more in this public forum would not help anyone. As the truth has started to leak out there have been people who have tried to blame my wife for my abuse to give me an out and people who have spread ridiculous and damaging rumors about her. This is fucked. She deserves so much better. If you are adopting this mentality or spreading these rumors you need to fucking stop. I have some serious issues that I am dealing with and I have separated myself from anyone who is connected with my public life so that I can focus on my own toxic shit. When my wife has been kind enough to answer questions about my absence, she has faced crazy accusations. There was a recent situation that was so fucked up that it necessitated immediate action on my part to set the record straight. My wife absolutely speaks for me in my absence and I have already said she is intensely honest. If you don't want the truth definitely don't ask her questions. Additionally it is never appropriate to approach or question our children.

I know now that choosing to live a public life and be onstage was the worst decision that I could have made given the way that I am. I have hidden behind the attention and unfounded respect and adulation. I used my social position to directly and indirectly manipulate all of you and to hide the abuse of my family. I got satisfaction from my deception and perceived control of everyone involved. I am 100% permanently retired from being a professional musician. Some people can be in a scene like this where there is no accountability and maintain their integrity. I cannot. My sole focus for the rest of my life is on taking care of my family, allowing them safe space to heal and rebuilding their trust. I hope putting this out there will protect my wife from further attacks and finally allow my family some peace."

Photo checks out.

Typical Biden voter

anonymous 159 days ago

Neurosis = overrated boring shit for dorks

anonymous 159 days ago

Beat beat beat beat beat beat beat your wife

anonymous 159 days ago

Comment section about to blow up homie!

anonymous 159 days ago

This doesn't sound like his, "intensley honest" wife wrote this.

lake_flaccid 159 days ago

neurosis worshippers scratching their heads right now

anonymous 159 days ago

This doesn't sound like his, "intensley honest" wife wrote this. Was thinking the same thing. Something doesn't add up.

anonymous 159 days ago

Go watch lerks btbam interview. How insulting he was. How unprofessional. This writing your poorly structured questions during the interview while flailing your hands like an idiot shit is absolutely insufferable. Joke ass wanna be

NorthFromHere 159 days ago

Through Silver and Blood and Times of Grace are still great. He could have killed people and I'd still listen to those records.

united_ninety_three 159 days ago

Yeah...his wife wrote this lol

anonymous 159 days ago

What an idiot. Impressive.

anonymous 159 days ago

Scrolling through their IG page its quite apparent Scott has been absent from the band or them trying to distance since 2019. You can see clearly it is the Steve Von Till show at this point. If you know Scott he has a pretty tortured past and is not shy about the psychological damage hes had from his upbringing and drug/alcohol abuse. I know he was sober for a good number of years but it seems all signs point to a relapse and breakdown past the point of no return. The band has not really put out anything memorable since the mid-2000s but they continued to put on one of the better live shows in heavy music, especially their genre. I cannot see them continuing without Scott as he is such a large and the most important member of their band.

anonymous 159 days ago

He actually thinks ppl care, he definitely IS sick in the head

anonymous 159 days ago

This doesn't sound like his, "intensley honest" wife wrote this. Funny how someone who can't spell their name without looking at a name tag wants to point out a spelling mistake.

anonymous 159 days ago

Dude who is neurotic in a band called neurosis, whoda thunk it?

anonymous 159 days ago

This doesn't sound like his, "intensley honest" wife wrote this. Funny how someone who can't spell their name without looking at a name tag wants to point out a spelling mistake They weren't judging the spelling they were saying it sounds like his wife wrote it you knobhead.

anonymous 158 days ago

let's not sit here and white knight pretending this man actually committed a "crime". reads like chick posted it to his account. two sides

anonymous 158 days ago

idk his wife and kids so i don't care! rejoin and bring on the riffs!!

anonymous 158 days ago

This dude is def going on suicide watch

anonymous 158 days ago

anonymous 1 hour ago All the Belgian estrogen boring bands that mold themselves off of Neurosis are so bummed right now. permalink | report abuse ^^ I agree amenra is f*cking boring, but don't be stupid: every country has neurosis knockoffs, usa in the first place

What will Mastodon do?

Chaos Rising is not stoked

anonymous 158 days ago

This serves are the only admission of guilt where the person actually admits they are a human piece of shit. Props to Scott for at least having a pair of balls.

anonymous 158 days ago

You gotta be sick in the head to manipulate a woman and a kid to stay WITH you

he cancelled himself! niiiiice

anonymous 158 days ago

Tell it to your therapist bro not the world gtfo

anonymous 158 days ago

This statement is manipulative itself. Wtf dude. Putting pity on yourself

Borat here. My Wife!!!

anonymous 158 days ago

Cuckservatives triggered that a white man is taking responsibility for his abuse, cause they realize they don't have the balls to come clean about their own demons and it makes then feel all sensitive and worthless Remove the plank from thine own eye first before you try to remove the speck from your neighbor's eye.

anonymous 158 days ago

Dudes a piece of shit. He should get beat like he did to his wife and kids. Makes boring shitty music for dorks

Breaking News: I'm gay.

^agreed

anonymous 158 days ago

Remove the plank from thine own eye first before you try to remove the speck from your neighbor's eye. Cuckservatives triggered

anonymous 158 days ago

^^^Settle down wee "man." Don't want to upset you using the improper pronoun. If I have in fact upset you, I'm sure there is a safe space you can cry in. We all know words equal violence with you little liberals cowards. Lol.

^^^u need Jesus, bitch.

anonymous 158 days ago

^^^Jesus just mowed my lawn last week...bitch.

anonymous 158 days ago

these political gays reply chains every article go like this: Say canned response of 1-3 words Get replied with several sentences saying you're mad Repeat for the other ball team. Also lol at the eurogay, sorry everyone's tired of hearing about US do this and that, your shithole has the same problems and it's time you owned up to Neurosis clones instead of pointing fingers

anonymous 158 days ago

Hey Scott. I think there's a rope discount at Home Depot. Motherf*cker.

tactical_hotdog 158 days ago

anonymous 1 hour ago Breaking News: I'm gay You've given me the strength to say that I am also gay.

anonymous 158 days ago

Nah the wife didn't write this, he did. Respect to the man for taking some responsibility.

anonymous 158 days ago

Wait, everyone who says his wife or family wrote this... Cc this in a comment and answer exactly how you know this. I'll check, and really I would love to know how exactly this wasn't written by dude, but his wife or family. This isn't the kind of drama that should be left to all the retards who frequent this site to paraphrase, me being one, but one that deserves to be explained in a proper fashion. If dude is a POS and is admitting it it shouldnt be downplayed as a joke. f*ck anyone calling me gaey or a gaygort. This is just someone who is an asshole generally on this site looking for a reasonably honest answer even if I feel like a retard for asking in the firstplace. As someone who never listened to a single neurosis song. Justs want to know if this guy is trying to be a human despite being a POS or not by the people making accusations so I can Google deeper or not

Mastodon level

anonymous 158 days ago

Saw Neurosis years ago with EyehateGod and Integrity. Never cared for them. Just wanted to add that.

anonymous 158 days ago

I'm still going to listen to Times of Grace.

anonymous 158 days ago

Nice private life, stupid. Seriously, what "level" of this did the guys in Mastodon know?

anonymous 158 days ago

I've been closely following this story as it develops and have received confirmation from multiple sources on location that I am still in fact gay.

anonymous 158 days ago

Cuckservatives touch my wong for Budlight money.

anonymous 158 days ago

Curious why he decided to cancel himself and share this publicly? Wouldn't you want to handle your own shit with the family behind closed doors? Seems a bit odd that this article/admission exists and was published on his own accounts in conjunction with retiring from professional music permanently.

anonymous 158 days ago

Brent Hinds is still a dick...

anonymous 158 days ago

what's that have to do with music?

anonymous 158 days ago

^ you might have trouble reading, but the singer of Neurosis retired

anonymous 158 days ago

Wow, what a piece of shit this guy is.

anonymous 158 days ago

Hey guys I'm gay as well. Please celebrate me. I crave attention due to my crippling self importance and egomania. If you don't, you are a homophobe even though literally no one is afraid of gays. Thanks for listening.

anonymous 158 days ago

All I read was "Neurosis co-frontman" and I'm immediately stoked. Can't f*ckin wait.

anonymous 158 days ago

He should've punched and screamed at them harder with pissing all over his empty wallet

anonymous 158 days ago

They weren't judging the spelling they were saying it sounds like his wife wrote it you knobhead. Sounds like they need to stop chugging down QAnon conspiracies, ya chode.

anonymous 158 days ago

anonymous 14 hours ago Didn't read but wow a grown man with neck tats is mentally ill. Can't believe it If you have a problem with mentally ill dudes with neck tattoos you've definitely picked the wrong genre of music... Better play it safe and go back to listening to the Jonas brothers. permalink | report abuse All neck tattoos grow up eventually…

anonymous 158 days ago

" I love my wife to no end. She is the best person that I know." That is why I stalked her. I followed her around to let her know she is the best person.

anonymous 158 days ago

That whole message is highly manipulative, my guess is he murders his family by 2024

anonymous 158 days ago

I desperately need a cuckservative to give me a handy, while bragging about their high-school glory days. We can listen to TRAPT or FFDP if it'll help get you pumped to launch this rocket.

anonymous 158 days ago

Hardcore/Metal scene is chock full of goofs.

anonymous 158 days ago

California resident. Mental illness is par for the course.

anonymous 158 days ago

Between Josh Homme and Scott, it's hard to pick which one beats their kids better. And Mastodon is the worst band in the world.

anonymous 158 days ago

LG comments section is an echo chamber for sausages.

anonymous 158 days ago

Commenters verbally abuse each other in the comment section of an article about a man abusing people.

anonymous 158 days ago

Oakland hat on... N.W.A. represent. Straight Outta' Compton.

anonymous 158 days ago

anonymous 17 hours ago Hey Scott. I think there's a rope discount at Home Depot. Motherf*cker. You should look into it -to undoubtly varify your statement.

anonymous 158 days ago

Cuckservative is trending. Good job lambgoat

anonymous 157 days ago

Okay but are he and his wife still f*cking?

anonymous 157 days ago

He made almost an IDENTICAL post in 2017 on FB https://www.facebook.com/scottkelly.music/posts/pfbid0XPDm9VjS6TSSL2GZHGkadf4BQec6H9mm1Qguu2b3nmu8Uzd2eWDV4PEBTnswFp6Sl