NewsFebruary 2, 2022 12:42 PM ET5,870 views

Nile frontman Brian Kingsland to miss tour, Scott Eames of Vital Remains to take his place

Nile with Scott Eames

With guitarist and vocalist Brian Kingsland set to miss Nile's imminent U.S. tour (with Incantation and Sanguisugabogg) due to the birth of his son, the band have recruited Scott Eames (of Vital Remains) to take his spot.

"Congratulations to Brian Kingsland on the arrival of his newborn son!" said Nile. "While Brian takes time for family, veteran metal guitarist Scott Eames will be joining us on guitar and vocals. Scott is an exceptionally talented motherfucker who has worked his ass off and earned his spot on stage with Nile. The band is as strong as ever and we are primed and ready to bring Metal to the fans on our upcoming tour starting in Nashville, TN on February 3rd! See you on the road!"

anonymous 2/2/2022 9:58:39 AM

"exceptionally talented motherf*cker" Wonder if that's his job title at Jiffy Lube.

anonymous 2/2/2022 10:10:28 AM

Good on him for staying home and spending time with his family and not playing The Royal Grove in Lincoln Nebraska on a Wednesday. I would never take time off work to sing on this tour. Serious, how many people can this tour bring in?

anonymous 2/2/2022 10:20:17 AM

they should have grabbed Scott Vogel instead, if they wanted to fill rooms. probably couldn't afford him though at 10k a pop

anonymous 2/2/2022 10:38:11 AM

So he's the front man of the band now and not Karl Sanders??

anonymous 2/2/2022 10:57:23 AM

well Nile IS Karl Sanders but live they sorta have two frontmen

anonymous 2/2/2022 11:48:09 AM

Should get the dude from Threatin to fill in.

anonymous 2/2/2022 1:24:20 PM

Priorities muthaf*cka. Get some.

anonymous 2/2/2022 1:41:27 PM

anonymous 2/2/2022 2:09:19 PM

Dallas "Devin Townsend" Toler Wade couldn't be MORE stoked for this

NorthFromHere 2/2/2022 2:13:59 PM

^^^ First person I thought about. And yeah, saying a death metal band has a 'frontman' really silly when Kingsland and Sanders are both guitarist/vocalists and it's Karl's band.

anonymous 2/2/2022 2:39:24 PM

Get Gallagher Back

anonymous 2/2/2022 2:41:08 PM

Dallas Toilet-Wad

anonymous 2/2/2022 3:04:16 PM

Get Gallagher Back ^^^^^ The watermelon guy?

anonymous 2/2/2022 3:17:38 PM

Kudos to the band and management for *surely* knowing dude was expecting at this exact time and not postponing dates. Real stand up dudes.

anonymous 2/2/2022 4:04:47 PM

Sucks but I'm still going. Mostly to see Incantation, but I'll stick around for Nile.

anonymous 2/2/2022 4:12:24 PM

Devin Townsend is the only reason I am attending this tour.

anonymous 2/2/2022 4:14:16 PM

Adding Devin Townsend to the Nile lineup is actually the best move they've made in a very long time. Especially since he left the band back in 2017 !!!

carveyournamein 2/2/2022 5:37:26 PM

Just let Chief and Dallas back in the band.

anonymous 2/2/2022 6:14:07 PM

Emmure should replace the whole band

anonymous 2/2/2022 8:02:42 PM

Matt Fox here, these guys have singers falling out of the sky and I can't even find one. ^lol last time I saw Shai Hulud I swear they had some dude on vocals who looked like he was kidnapped from a folk band

anonymous 2/2/2022 8:43:15 PM

Read the lyrics to the new Nile song 'Vile Nilotic Rites' - that is directly , 100 percent about that degenerate Dallas. "He worships dogs and reptiles He blackens his eyes with soot like a prostitute He dances and plays the cymbals in vile nilotic rites I am asked if he has gone mad If he has been bewitched, having coupled with a sorceress For he has become soulless, degenerate In thrall to the detestable and unclean antedeluvial rites of the Phallus More ancient than even the river Nile Groveling in a world of numbing debauchery Sodded, addicted, degraded, fallen into depravity He has sown the seeds of madness, consumed by irrationality Decadence, deviancy and excess What one worships, one becomes Whores, hermaphrodites, lickspittles The corrupt and the drunken are all that is left him For he is wretched Consumed by lascivious and abominable orgies of flesh and blood Infected by impious acts, a slave

carveyournamein 2/3/2022 4:47:56 AM

Lol I can see this.

ej 2/3/2022 11:23:27 AM

Shut the f*ck up all you lame ass posters. For once, it's not funny. This is really good news I don't know this guy I don't like his band but I'm sitting here smiling just happy for a fellow human

ej 2/3/2022 11:24:08 AM

also wtf you're the singer guitarist in a 3-piece and you book a headline tour around the due date of your baby? f*cking idiot

anonymous 2/3/2022 11:44:29 AM

Scott Eames!? Wrong Scott, my dudes. That last name should be Vogel. Then you'd have yourself a tour -- although, granted, you'd have to change all venues to VFW halls. ,

anonymous 2/3/2022 12:56:28 PM

i miss the fabio singer

anonymous 2/3/2022 1:09:17 PM

I miss the Deven Townsend singer.

anonymous 2/4/2022 5:09:10 AM

Horseshit. It should be Griffin Taylor.