NewsJanuary 10, 2022 3:57 PM ET2,187 views

Vio-lence premiere first new song in 29 years, to release 'Let The World Burn' EP

San Francisco Bay Area thrash metal unit Vio-lence have announced plans to release a new EP in March. The new record, the group's first original set since 1993, is titled Let The World Burn and will arrive on March through Metal Blade Records.

Its lead single, "Flesh From Bone," can be streamed here:

"This is the first Vio-lence song I had written in close to 30 years," says founding guitarist Phil Demmel. "I wanted to keep some of those early Eternal Nightmare qualities intact but infuse a lot of what I've culled into my songwriting arsenal over the decades. 'Flesh From Bone' has the frenetic picking/fingering riffs and the solo trade-offs that are pretty old-school, and I'm also wearing my influences on my sleeve with a few Exodus and Slayer-inspired riffs."

Let The World Burn was recorded with Juan Urteaga (Testament, Cattle Decapitation), mixed by Tue Madsen (Meshuggah, Sick Of It All), and engineered by Ted Jensen (Billy Joel, Pantera).

Let The World Burn track listing

01. Flesh From Bone
02. Screaming Always
03. Upon Their Cross
04. Gato Negro
05. Let the World Burn

anonymous 137 days ago

Wonder if the label is having second thoughts?

anonymous 137 days ago

^^^ LOL. Forbidden is definitely the better band from that era in San Francisco.

YAWWWWNNN

evil_hero 137 days ago

photo looks like the dudes working the harley davidson lot

anonymous 137 days ago

The f*cking 80s are over guys.

evil_hero 137 days ago

terri-ble

anonymous 137 days ago

Cool riffs, gash vocals and lyrics

anonymous 137 days ago

It literally sounds like Slayer.

anonymous 137 days ago

Hi is this anonymous puthies talking shit? I hope I'm in the right place

anonymous 137 days ago

Those guys look like a bunch of sex offenders.

anonymous 137 days ago

This explains the labor shortage for low skilled construction workers.

Cool riffs, cheesy vox.

anonymous 137 days ago

It took them three decades to write one crappy song.

anonymous 137 days ago

Phil Demmel left machine head for this. Let that sink in

anonymous 137 days ago

This explains the labor shortage for low skilled construction workers Define and contextualize "low skilled construction worker"

anonymous 137 days ago

Engineered by Billy Joel's engineer 😂😂😂 LOL @ BJ before Pantera.

did not hear from them in 1993. will not be now

anonymous 137 days ago

Another article that no one on LG cares about ever and is paid for by a PR company or record label. However would still rather check this out than anything Fit For An Autopsy puts out. That fat guitarist of FFAA is probably pissed these dudes are real bikers.

anonymous 137 days ago

He said "fingering." (Beavis and Butthead laugh)

anonymous 137 days ago

Vocals pretty bad. It's kinda funny how these bands are seen in hindsight. I was around when they came out. They were a solid, third-, fourth-tier thrash act. Years pass and these bands get treated like they were scene legends or something. They weren't. "Eternal Nightmare" was kinda cheesy then and most certainly is now.

anonymous 137 days ago

Where's rob I thought he was in this band

anonymous 137 days ago

Gonna pop in and shame all the posers like I usually do and talk up the greatness of the mighty Vio-lence, but woof this new output is a tough listen. Eternal Nightmare is a god damm classic, but this is not up to par on any level. Lambgoat still blows goats and you can die in poser hell.

anonymous 137 days ago

Not on the same level as Oppressing The Masses, but f*ck there are some ignorant comments on here. Never heard riffs or Sean Killian before? Get back to your cheesy metalcore or your dumb retro thrash bands, this is real thrash and it doesn't need your poser ass.

anonymous 137 days ago

dude on the far left has to wear those America shirts so that the other shoppers at Walmart don't confuse him with no illegal

Nice hot topic shirts

anonymous 137 days ago

This is what Heathen would sound like if they sucked. Yikes.

anonymous 136 days ago

hahaha yo this sucks

anonymous 136 days ago

lol Playboi Carti would run circles around these geezers

anonymous 135 days ago

"Phil Demmel left machine head for this. Let that sink in" I think he left because Flyn is an intolerable twat.

anonymous 135 days ago

Ok now I know there's something wrong with you lambgoat f*cks. That song was everything I was hoping for!!!! Do you guys not like metal?? That shit was fantastic. Great drums great guitars bass AND VOCALS!!! Great band then and still kicking ass now. You guys are idiots this shit made my day I've been waiting decades for this!!!! Tell us you live in a double wide without actually saying it