NewsDecember 8, 2021 9:15 AM ET29,275 views

Whitechapel drummer Alex Rudinger quits band

Mere weeks after being named an official member of Whitechapel, drummer Alex Rudinger says he quit the group because "a number of things didn't seem right, both professionally and personally." With Whitechapel set to return to the stage this month, Rudinger has issued the following statement explaining his departure:

"Whitechapel's first show since Covid began is right around the corner. Since I won't be there, it's probably time to make this known: A while back, I resigned from Whitechapel. I offered to keep this under wraps until sometime after the album was released. Despite the fact that I'm no longer with them, I'm immensely proud of the new album, and I didn't want anything to distract from the music / release itself.

"There were certainly reasons for this decision, but I've always felt that it's incredibly unprofessional for an artist to divulge all of their issues publicly. All I'm going to say is: A number of things didn't seem right to me, both professionally and personally, so I decided to move on.

"Additionally, for the record: Despite their semi-recent post, I was never a full-time member of the band. I'm sorry to disappoint anyone, but that announcement was made prematurely. It was discussed, but significant details were never addressed. I was never asked to sign anything, nor did I have any knowledge on the inner workings of the business itself. I was treated and compensated as a hired-gun the entire time, including the writing and recording of 'Kin'.

"At any rate - to any Whitechapel fans, fret not. They were a band long before I came into the picture, and I've no doubts that they'll find a suitable replacement and keep truckin' right along. I'm still incredibly thankful that I got the opportunity to play and write with them, and I wish them well."I'm not entirely sure what's next for me. In the immediate, I'll be playing with Light The Torch on the upcoming U.S. tour supporting Killswitch Engage and August Burns Red. I've worked with Light The Torch periodically in recent years, and I'm quite looking forward to performing live with 'em. Past that, I guess we'll see!

"And if you're still reading: Big love to all you people that've followed my work over the years (regardless of where I've gone)! Things haven't always panned out the way I imagined, but I'm still so thankful for all of these experiences - good and bad alike. I wouldn't have had the opportunity to experience ANY of it without you all, so for real - thank you."

anonymous 12/8/2021 6:29:15 AM

Every time a sh-t band loses a member a piece of Sheetrock gets its wings.

anonymous 12/8/2021 6:37:29 AM

This sucks. I feel like Alex was pushing them in a really good direction

anonymous 12/8/2021 6:38:31 AM

Rudy moving on to the next project?! I'm shocked…

anonymous 12/8/2021 6:50:42 AM

Is it because Phil wouldn't share his vape?

anonymous 12/8/2021 6:52:22 AM

Whitegroomer

evil_hero 12/8/2021 6:52:25 AM

evil_hero 12/8/2021 6:52:57 AM

band f*cking sucks a syphllitic leperous donkey dick

anonymous 12/8/2021 6:57:07 AM

anonymous 12/8/2021 7:01:30 AM

anonymous 12/8/2021 7:03:32 AM

the somatic defilment was cool and heavy, but that was almost 15 years ago. like to hang yourselves with the barb wire you made

anonymous 12/8/2021 7:07:34 AM

guy cant stick to one band, hes most likely the problem

anonymous 12/8/2021 7:15:49 AM

anonymous 12/8/2021 7:31:38 AM

They asked him to mask up at practices. Fegs.

anonymous 12/8/2021 7:39:41 AM

anonymous 12/8/2021 7:41:09 AM

It's incredibly unprofessional to go into details, so here's some details. This dude is a joke, had to slow down Necrophagist drums to play them.

anonymous 12/8/2021 7:57:31 AM

anonymous 12/8/2021 7:59:15 AM

one down, five to go

anonymous 12/8/2021 8:02:04 AM

Alex wouldn't let Gabe bench press him to warm up for practice. That was never gonna fly.

anonymous 12/8/2021 8:13:24 AM

He must've joined the band without first listening to their shitty music.

anonymous 12/8/2021 8:14:25 AM

he was like "do we really have to suck so much d*ck" and they were like "yup. this is the whitechapel way" so he left lmao

anonymous 12/8/2021 8:19:15 AM

This guy acts like he's Neal Peart quitting Rush or something. "Fret not, Whitechapel fans!" Nobody is fretting, you were a studio musician hired to play for a past-their-prime entry level Hot Topic metal act who appeals to edgy teenagers one year removed from their Slipknot phase.

evil_hero 12/8/2021 8:35:25 AM

anonymous 1 hour ago What sucks is he passed on joining Intronaut full time for this gig. He did such a great job with Intronaut too! hey sacha

anonymous 12/8/2021 8:44:31 AM

If only Whitechapel can get the hint to call it quits they would be doing the lords work

GucciSosa 12/8/2021 8:50:38 AM

Ive heard their bass player is toxic as f*ck from literally everyone whos ever toured with them

anonymous 12/8/2021 9:02:22 AM

anonymous 12/8/2021 9:05:02 AM

Drums were actually programmed on Kin and he just found out. Bummer bud.

anonymous 12/8/2021 9:08:39 AM

Hopefully the rest of the band follows.

anonymous 12/8/2021 9:15:07 AM

anonymous 1 hour ago anonymous 20 minutes ago Todd Jones quits NAILS. Goes on hiatus and then reforms as a solo act NAILS FT TODD JONES ___ Todd Jones here. It is true that like all good baby birds, my mans Tyler and Joe were turned into alpha wolves; a.k.a. my droogies are now made men. We start by putting icy and moonlight-encrusted killing hides on your back and eagle vision aviators over your eyeballs. Your bitch boy finger gets pricked by a guitar string from one of TODD JONES' killing instruments, then we pour a bucket of fermented hogs blood over your head while you're holding a copy of Unsilent Death (FIRST PRESS BOYO). You then get asked to name every member of Voivod EVER. If you fail, we sucker punch your orbital sockets with brass knuckles, put on the aviators, and later you for eternity. You can try to be one of us up until your bitch boy ass proves you can't be one of us, then: You will never be one of us. ^Treye Hawda' keyboard clown. You Will Never Be One Of Us

anonymous 12/8/2021 9:25:08 AM

Has anyone here ever had sex with a woman?

anonymous 12/8/2021 9:49:04 AM

What's good? Thomas "Lone Wolf" Vext here. Alex, don't you dare back down to the "woke" mob. I have insider CIA/FBI/DOJ info on this whole corona virus hoax, its taken down far too many of us patriots, whatever you do, don't bend knee. I got 4 shows coming up next month, first is at the Apple Bee's live soundstage in Tulsa, next stop is at the BW3's open air in Little Rock, AR, and last but not least is Hot Wheels Monster Truck live in Rockford, IL, it would be an honor for you to show up and chat the shit, even fill in for a cover of the Cranberry's Zombie, you let me know, hit me up on insta, or if not throw me a message on Parler. -T. VEXT ...out

anonymous 12/8/2021 10:24:13 AM

A drummer is a joke if they can't play Necrophagist at full speed? Jesus dude name one thing you're THAT good at, except whining on the internet? Triggering marks is my business, and business is good.

anonymous 12/8/2021 10:56:18 AM

aka "the band didn't sign me a fat contract so i can buy a tesla & their lack of dogecoin knowledge were red flags"

anonymous 12/8/2021 11:17:38 AM

Why CANT this band keep a drummer?!

GucciSosa 12/8/2021 11:34:56 AM

"Good ass drummer but with as many bands in that he never stays with, maybe the issue is him?" I wouldnt necessarily judge someones character by their willingness to stay in these types of bands, they dont pay for shit, he probably has a higher income and lifestyle flexibility as the fill-in and studio drummer dude rather than being some random f*cker from a metalcore band

anonymous 12/8/2021 12:13:23 PM

anonymous 12/8/2021 12:25:24 PM

'Love how this typical megalomaniacal drummer first comes off like he's Neil Peart (RIP) like someone said & says "my work." Your work? You played already written drum parts. You're a drummer for hire or what some informally call a " "mercenary" that's it. And to whoever said it would be unprofessional for him to go into the details of his departure he's unprofessional for even announcing his departure but saying things which might suggest a problem. Chances are they told him to leave the band. I would. You drum for us or someone else. We're not missing opportunities because of Light The Torch & we don't want them to miss opportunities because of us to be fair. This flake (what he is) wanted to have his cake & eat it too.

anonymous 12/8/2021 12:53:23 PM

he was like "do we really have to suck so much d*ck" and they were like "yup. this is the whitechapel way" so he left Hahahahah ! Best thing evil hero has written up till now

anonymous 12/8/2021 1:11:42 PM

Every time a sh-t band loses a member a piece of Sheetrock gets its wings. This comment deserves a gold medal.

anonymous 12/8/2021 4:00:17 PM

anonymous 12/8/2021 4:36:07 PM

This does not surprise me. Have you seen the photo with the initial press release? He's the only one that doesnt look like he does roids. ^ Dude, these guys don't look they do cycles. It looks like they're all on terribly managed TRT and don't know what an AI is. I'm sure Gabe has maybe tried DBol since he's so bloated. But I highly doubt any of these dudes have proper understanding of what a successful cycle details. Whitechapel, get yourself some Aromasin 25mg every 3 days. - Your Wife's Bull

anonymous 12/8/2021 4:39:59 PM

^ You mean Alex.

anonymous 12/8/2021 6:58:33 PM

Why CANT this band keep a drummer?! Already established bands are too stubborn to allow a newcomer in on the business. Instead of recognizing the talent and next level this guy takes them, they'd rather grasp desperately to their cut and string the new guy along until he realizes far too late how bad he's been getting f*cked. Sounds like rudi is more business wise than this chud comment section gives him credit for. These guys might also be giant jackass humans on top of everything else.

anonymous 12/8/2021 7:17:18 PM

This band got boring after somatic and everyone knows it, get Shawn from carnifex and rid us of at least one mall deathcore act that denied the term until it was a buzz word

anonymous 12/8/2021 11:00:07 PM

"Someone better ring that guy from that one band who they did that one tour with that one time." Is this related to the whole bass player toxic issue?

anonymous 12/9/2021 3:08:36 AM

Shawn has the sloppiest feet I've ever heard live. Programmed drums are stoked

anonymous 12/9/2021 12:31:57 PM

anonymous 1 day ago Every time a sh-t band loses a member a piece of Sheetrock gets its wings. this made me laugh harder than it probably should have, which is to say at all.

anonymous 12/9/2021 1:09:23 PM

anonymous 1 day ago Has anyone here ever had sex with a woman? I know you're curious, but it's obvious you won't like it. Stick to banging dudes.

anonymous 12/9/2021 4:49:55 PM

Time to come out of the closet Rudi

anonymous 12/11/2021 6:01:41 PM

Bass player is an absolute piece of shit.