Bullet For My Valentine suffer their worst chart and sales debut to date

Tue, November 16, 2021 8:48 AM PT10,157 views

Bullet For My Valentine's new self-titled album has debuted at No. 153 on the Billboard 200 chart after tallying just over 7,700 in total activity (6,000 in pure sales) during its first week of release in the United States.

The results represent a significant decline for BFMV, as each of their previous five studio albums debuted in the Top 20 and sold at least 20,000 copies in its debut week.

The group's last album, 2018's Gravity, sold more than 26,000 copies in its debut week and landed at No. 17 on the Billboard 200. In 2015, BFMV's Venom album bowed at No. 8 on the strength of nearly 21,000 in first-week sales.

To date, BFMV's most successful debut came with 2010 album Fever, which sold 71,000 copies in its initial week and bowed at No. 3 on the Billboard 200 chart.

Even the band's debut album, The Poison, fared better than their most recent, debuting at No. 128 on the Billboard 200 upon its release in 2005.

Notwithstanding the unfavorable sales/chart comparisons to its predecessors, Bullet For My Valentine did manage to bow at No. 15 on the Top Album Sales chart, No. 3 on the Top Rock Albums chart, and No. 1 on the Hard Rock Albums chart.

anonymous 64 days ago

Who f*cking liked this band to begin with???

anonymous 64 days ago

most of their fanbase died from covid or freak chain wallet accidents

anonymous 64 days ago

55-year-old "cool aunts" who bump Sirius Octane and unironically say "All Lives Matter" are not stoked.

anonymous 64 days ago

lol this band is terrible

anonymous 64 days ago

Terrible band name, one hit from the mid 2000s that was way overplayed. Not surprised.

anonymous 64 days ago

your queers don't fall, they crash around me

anonymous 64 days ago

Should of put their record out through my label. Which isn't capitolism, I swear. I would never want to make money and live in a very nice apartment. Hardcore for marxist for life! - Jesse Barnett.

anonymous 64 days ago

Fk you guys this band are great

anonymous 64 days ago

I wonder what Todd Jones thinks of Jesse Barnett's marxist ways Jesse Barnett is no Todd Jones.

anonymous 64 days ago

Will someone please name their band or title their song Todd Jones so he can go apes hit over it? LOL

anonymous 64 days ago

I'm so glad musical taste isn't a indicator of overall intelligence. Otherwise y'all BFMV haters would be complete morons. The drummer for Bullet should be in Rock n Roll Hall of Fame for just being that Badazz. The dual vocals of this group make their sound amazing and damn near impossible to recreate. But since y'all are still listening to fuking Barney and Wonder Pets you're really not worthy of being their fan. BFMV 🤘🤩🤘 ROCKS 🔥🔥🔥

evil_hero 64 days ago

hahaha ^^^^ that was an AI generated script. man these droids are getting gooood

evil_hero 64 days ago

barney and the wonderpets. lmfao

anonymous 64 days ago

This is the best band Trustkill ever put out

anonymous 64 days ago

Well, yeah - it's not Valentine's Day season, it was released around Halloween. No one is ready for that shit yet, we still have Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's first. Just like stores, always shoving the next holiday down our throats.

anonymous 64 days ago

Saw them live a few weeks ago 🤘🤘🤘 The best show ever 🔥🔥🔥 Thank you BFMV ♥️♥️♥️ Plus check out Bleed from within wow

_d0thack_ 64 days ago

Lol. Band f*cking blows.

lol

anonymous 64 days ago

By far one of my top 10 favorites bands of the 90s and 2000s theve got atleast 30 songs all worth more than the credit the get. Love how this post is mostly haters. Glued to their phone. Broke. Bored. Alone. Be the change you wish to see in the world instead of a shit talker or negative.

anonymous 64 days ago

I believe there previous ALBUM GRAVITY, really hurt their hardcore fan base!! This new one is a f*ckING HEAVY ALBUM!! If you like METAL!! GUITAR HEAVY ROCK, IT WILL NOT DISAPPOINT!! should pick up! Good songs and production!! Shocked it started so poorly?!!

anonymous 64 days ago

So to all you haters, with all do respect, I'm curious as to what you yourselves do for a living, obviously not music critics for an esteemed publication....let me guess beavis and butt-head mega fans with no career and still living in your parents basement no doubt where your father diddled your ding dongs.....am I not rite? Probably not far off though... When you grow up and learn how to objectively listen and critique music with an open mind, how about you come join the adults in conversation when your more mature and capable....

anonymous 64 days ago

^^^ Unbelievable levels of cringe.

anonymous 64 days ago

Lol. I can't believe that Bullet still has haters. Love them or not. They will still be one of the best and most relevant metalcore bands. This record is an absolute beast but I guess that people would rather listen to it with streaming services than buying the record. Definitely not the best parameter to compare a record success nowadays.

Bands sucks

anonymous 64 days ago

"They will still be one of the best and most relevant metalcore bands" 1) no, that place is reserved for unearth and use 2) bullet for my gayentine is a boring trend hopping band (went from bad emocore to thrashy metalcore and back to bad emocore and now to emulating machine head)

anonymous 64 days ago

No way, this new album rocks, it is MetalCore! Melodic metal! I'm female and f*cking Love it!!

anonymous 64 days ago

"2) bullet for my gayentine is a boring trend hopping band (went from bad emocore to thrashy metalcore and back to bad emocore and now to emulating machine head)" Because MH is totally not guilty of trend hopping themselves, right?

anonymous 64 days ago

same loser keeps posting. also retire bums

anonymous 64 days ago

Because MH is totally not guilty of trend hopping themselves, right? Bad band who takes blatant inspiration from other Bad band, makes Bad music?! Who da thunk it?

anonymous 64 days ago

Well, gravity sold well out of the gate, but hurt their image a bit. Not only that, they changed the current record to a self titled name, which doesn't even show up in search results and the album seen multiple delays before finally getting out. They also didn't really market it that well.

This is the best band Trustkill ever put out ^^^^^ Fake news. Poison The Well

Roses are red ^

anonymous 64 days ago

Their last couple albums weren't great.. this one is decent.. sad that people are skipping it.

anonymous 64 days ago

Its a heavy album Got to check it out before you come to conclusions

anonymous 64 days ago

Really digging the album myself. I don't buy albums anymore because I'm not 70 years old. Only issue I can think of is releasing so much content before album drops. Bands keep doing this and spoiling their debuts. Shatter and Knives were the two strong cuts early on and they garnered millions of plays on Spotify, which matters most these days. Album sales are great but only represent diehard fans who do it for the novelty in developed nations with strong internet availability. I also see a lot of hate for BFMV. One person even says they had one hit. Clearly not the case since that "hit" wasn't on their best two albums from a sales standpoint. But hey, one opinion must be fact…

anonymous 64 days ago

Uuuurggghhhh ahhhhh grrrrraaaaaa.... Pop to the chorus. Utter Guano.

streaming don't Count. None buys cd's anymore

anonymous 63 days ago

Bruh you elitists can go back to playing to your nursery rhymes and eat dicks

anonymous 63 days ago

Bullet For My Choking on Billboard placement..... amirite? Choked worse than Trump in his re-election. Both Trump and Band pulled a Hillary.

anonymous 63 days ago

Easily their best release to date.

I got it Vh1 Presents Real Metalcore bands of the 2000's

anonymous 63 days ago

The more I watch the Ellefson video, the more pissed off I get that he got fired. It's just a guy jerking off, who f*cking cares? Not worth firing him from the band for. The video was only up for a few hours but we all downloaded it before it got taken down anyway, the damage is done. I'm pretty sure that everyone is over it now, let Ellefson back in the band.

anonymous 63 days ago

I guess it's just too heavy for some pussys who prefer pop shit with no actual music

anonymous 63 days ago

BFMV is better than ever! The sales issue is just a sign of the times. I have the album saved on my phone thanks to YouTube and Spotify for free. So, the issue is, music has become far more accessible than ever before and bands are losing money on sales. Think of it this way, do you have Disney+ and Netflix? I do and haven't been to the movies in over a year.

anonymous 63 days ago

Yea, BFMV is good for a teenage throwback and they have some really good melodies, but hearing them trying so hard to be "heavy" again... I listened to this album once and I just cannot care anymore.

anonymous 63 days ago

This album is actually heavier and better than their recent material. Worth checking out if you haven't IMHO.

anonymous 63 days ago

Probably because they went heavy on this album and don't care what you whiny elitists say. It sounds great.

anonymous 63 days ago

Comments looking like a pr team. Band sucks and yall like dogshit music

anonymous 63 days ago

This band is great I love there music all of you guys can f*ck right off.

anonymous 62 days ago

I've seen there live show and they honestly kick ass..Great guitar riffs, vocals and drumming haters gonna hate .Plenty of crappy music to hate on but don't think this should be...Shatter makes me want to break something. 🤘

anonymous 62 days ago

This band changed my life!

anonymous 61 days ago

Lol. Its always the anonymous people that talk the most shit. I personally think it was a great album. Metal is not popular anymore. Its dead & dying still. The genre needs a serious change if they want any traction these days.