NewsOctober 29, 2021 11:31 AM ET3,216 views

Decrepit Birth vocalist Bill Robinson taking 'extended hiatus', replacement announced

Due to personal reasons, founding Decrepit Birth vocalist Bill Robinson "has decided to take an extended hiatus from the band." According to the group, Robinson "will be sitting out for a while."

Taking his spot in the interim is Mac Smith (Alterbeast, Krosis), whom Decrepit Birth call "an amazing vocalist."

Mac Smith comments: "Having an opportunity to work with Decrepit Birth is nothing short of surreal. Before I began pursuing metal vocals as an aspiring drummer, this was the first death metal band that I ever watched and emulated. To play a role in this project over a decade later leaves me astonished beyond words. I am looking forward to many new experiences with the guys and paying tribute to the legendary Bill Robinson's legacy. I'd like to give a special thanks to bassist Sean Martinez for being my strongest supporter personally this past year and being the key party that brought me into this role. He really brought me out of the worst slump in my career to this point, I owe everything to him. Additionally, I'd like to thank guitarist and founder Matt Sotelo for extending this opportunity and entrusting me with this position. Whether it be just for a singular tour, or more endeavors in the future, I will be forever grateful for being able to work with one of my favorite bands of all time. Thank you to my friends, family, and anyone else who has supported and listened to the band and my own musical projects in these past 5 years; I intend to make you proud! Decrepit Birth for life!"

anonymous 203 days ago

One of the bass players of Decrepit Birth started working at my local guitar center and it was one of the saddest things I've ever seen in my life.

evil_hero 203 days ago

HAHAHAHAHA ^^^^^

evil_hero 203 days ago

"Decrepit Birth are currently working on their next album and plan to tour significantly in 2022." oh theres no need for that. decrepit birth needs to take an permanent hiatus from existing

anonymous 203 days ago

"Yeah you know what's interesting? A member of the band had a job that didn't pay very well." Don't you losers here typically want to exterminate all unemployed people? Lmao your job definitely sucks too.

anonymous 203 days ago

krosis! we just saw an article about them the other day!

anonymous 203 days ago

Robinson heard the new Limp Bizkit and knew he would never live up.

anonymous 203 days ago

He's still actively in Krosis. I wish you guys would do some f*cking research

Still in Krosis*

anonymous 203 days ago

who cares lol that dude is ight at best

anonymous 203 days ago

This band rules. Touring sucks. Being in a band in general sucks. Good for Bill.

anonymous 203 days ago

Bill just probably got stoned and wandered off into the woods or some shit

anonymous 203 days ago

Personal Problems are nothing. How about you carry Sheetrock every day for 10 years and see what kind of chronic back pain you have.

DeCrePiT bIrtH 4 LyFE

anonymous 203 days ago

Mac Smith is a twink who pays for spotify listens cause his band sucks lmao have fun with your mediocre deathcore vocalist

anonymous 203 days ago

I wonder if Bill departed due to his antivaxx beliefs? Either that or just his age in general, the dude is like 60

anonymous 203 days ago

This comment section is as sad as the amount of effort out into this article. Y'all need to go outside.

anonymous 203 days ago

Bro he cant even do clown vocals wtf

Great vocalist

AND SO IT BEGINS...

Who cares, dead soon.

anonymous 203 days ago

Stop enabling homeless drug addicts. Boycott this band.

anonymous 202 days ago

Probably tired of making $50 a night and sleeping in a van.

anonymous 202 days ago

nice work https://bprnusa.com/

anonymous 202 days ago

I saw them 10 years ago and they had a sign at their merch table that they were looking for a place to crash. I can't imagine doing that in your 40's for no money

anonymous 202 days ago

Band f*cks. Its gonna be weird hearing not bill tho

anonymous 200 days ago

anonymous 2 days ago haha, all the naysayers are just jealous cause they still live off mommy's teat in the basement, and only could dream in being in a band thats even remotely close to the bands mr smith is, was, and could very well be in down the road.. also, remember to ask mommy to wash out your sorrows stained your underpants, youre stinking right now.. permalink | report abuse anonymous 2 days ago All these negative comments, link your bands' pages, let's see what you're up to, probably nothing half as fun🤷‍♂️ Ok thanks mac smith, good input

anonymous 196 days ago

antivax means you're also "anti-vag" Q: do you know what a puppy and a near sighted gynocologist have in common? A: wet noses.