Faith No More cancel fall tour dates as Mike Patton struggles with 'mental health'

Tuesday, September 14, 2021 10:31 AM PT / 3,334 views

Faith No More (and Mr. Bungle) have canceled the entirety of their fall tour dates and festival appearances. The affected shows are listed below.

"Sorry to report that due to mental health reasons, I cannot continue with the currently scheduled Faith No More and Mr. Bungle dates," said vocalist Mike Patton. "I have issues that were exacerbated by the pandemic that are challenging me right now. I don't feel I can give what I should at this point and I am not going to give anything less than 100 percent. I am sorry to our fans and hope to make it up to you soon. The bands support me in this decision and we look forward to working through this in a healthy way."

Patton's Faith No More bandmates issued this collective statement:

"To say that we feel shattered by these cancellations would be a complete understatement. It has been a real challenge to return to this music after a 5 year absence, but we have been working hard for a few months now, and these last few rehearsals left no doubt that we were back to top form, which makes this statement very difficult to write.

"Coming on almost two years of pandemic and lack of work, it has been heartbreaking to give our crew the news. We consider our crew like family. And then, equally importantly, we are aware of what this means to our fans, who have been patiently supporting us-- waiting, as we have, for a break in this frustrating situation. Many folks have taken isolation quite hard, and patiently waited as shows have been postponed time and time again. This will be tough for them.

"And yet in spite of all this, we have a family member who needs help. We believe that forging ahead with these dates would have had a profoundly destructive effect on Mike, whose value to us as a brother means more to us than his job as singer. He can count on our 100% support to do what he needs to do to get things right. Just as we also ask for your support right now.

"Thank you for continuing to believe in us."

Faith No More performances impacted are as follows:

September 16 Maryland Heights, MO Saint Louis Music Park
September 18 Chicago, IL Riot Fest
September 21 Pittsburgh, PA Stage AE
September 22 Newport, KY Ovation Pavilion
September 24  Kansas City, MO  Grinders
September 25 Indianola, IA Knotfest
October 10 Sacramento, CA  Aftershock Festival
October 15 Las Vegas, NV  T-Mobile Arena
October 16 Fresno, CA  Save Mart Center
October 18 Oakland, CA Oakland Arena
October 22 Los Angeles, CA Banc of California Stadium
October 23 Los Angeles, CA Banc of California Stadium

anonymous 7 days ago

Qanon dirt ball, finally caught up with him. I thought you were gonna defeat Newsom there buddy??

anonymous 6 days ago

They sent 19 year olds to the beaches of Normandy on D-Day to get ground up as cannon fodder but this guy can't go on tour and play rockstar. Cry me a f*cking river

anonymous 6 days ago

You want it all but you can't have it.

anonymous 6 days ago

COVID drama queens. I'll never buy FNM tickets again.

anonymous 6 days ago

^ and here you are on the Internet crying, just a fail son pointing your finger at a fail son. Get over it. Everything is downstream, everything is worse, deal with it.

^ that was for NormandySoldier69 up there

anonymous 6 days ago

Damn that sucks I had tickets to the riot fest aftershow with fishbone. Hope you get better Mike

anonymous 6 days ago

3 decades of making schizophrenic music that only people with mental health issues could enjoy, it's not surprising that this would happen, not at all surprising. every fan I've ever met had mental illness or drug-induced mental problems. why should we help someone that has made a killing exploiting everyone else's mental illness? hypocrite

Bummercity.

anonymous 6 days ago

More inclined to go now.

anonymous 6 days ago

anonymous 54 minutes ago Not surprised a Trump fan is losing his shit, way to f*ck over your crew and everyone who depends on you. Unreliable piece of shit, this is what, the 8th time you've canceled a tour or big show like the NFL playoff gig? Hard to believe anyone would stick around you, just another unreliable Republican only looking out for themself. it's his business so he can do what he wants. why doesn't the crew just go ahead and build their own tour? isn't that what libs have been saying about everything else?

anonymous 6 days ago

Not surprised a Trump fan is losing his shit, way to f*ck over your crew and everyone who depends on you. Unreliable piece of shit, this is what, the 8th time you've canceled a tour or big show like the NFL playoff gig? Hard to believe anyone would stick around you, just another unreliable Republican only looking out for themself. Can't tell whether this is top tier sarcasm or not

anonymous 6 days ago

Known pussy acting like a pussy, what's new. What would be news is a candid of him lifting weights at the gym or taking part in a mask rally. Cancelling a show? Nope.

anonymous 6 days ago

Well at least he's not in a deathcore band. Word of advice my monkey friend just retire already it's good for your mental health to not be in a crappy band

anonymous 6 days ago

Mental health is code for drug binge

anonymous 6 days ago

Grow up mike you selfish douche

anonymous 6 days ago

Mike Patton struggles with "making good music." I believe is what it meant.

anonymous 6 days ago

I'm struggling with mental Lambgoat.

anonymous 6 days ago

sending good vibes mikes way. he's a hipster piece of shit but he's my hipster piece of shit.

Is he vaccinated?

anonymous 6 days ago

i have known several people that have had to deal with him over the years and I can tell you this has nothing to do with COVID or Trump or republicans. dude needs help. How so?I never hear that

anonymous 6 days ago

Just replace him then, he doesn't even sing good

Too bad Chuck Mosely is dead... A FNM introduce yourself tour would be tits

anonymous 6 days ago

Greg puciato was BEGGING THEM to let him fill in on vox

Vaxxed.

anonymous 5 days ago

anonymous 19 hours ago If this was any member having these issues other than the singer they would have a fill-in announced and ready to go within an hour. Yes. What's your point? I'm not even a fan of the band but the dude IS Faith No More, nobody gives a shit who is playing bass or keyboards as long as they don't mess up the parts

anonymous 5 days ago

No Jim Martin, no Faith No More.

anonymous 5 days ago

Lol where do you goofballs get this shit from? https://www.metalsucks.net/2020/10/27/mike-patton-lets-not-listen-to-trump-on-pandemic/

anonymous 4 days ago

"i have known several people that have had to deal with him over the years and I can tell you this has nothing to do with COVID or Trump or republicans. dude needs help." I've had to deal with him over the years and he's definitely all about COVID and Trump.