Experimental hardcore group MouthBreather sign with Good Fight Music

Fri, August 13, 2021 3:35 PM PT3,093 views

MouthBreather

Dampolo Photography

Official press release:

Today, experimental hardcore group MouthBreather have announced their signing to Good Fight Music and the subsequent release of their new album, I’m Sorry Mr. Salesman. The album was recorded and produced by the band’s drummer Nick Cates, creating a production relationship that guaranteed nothing about their crushing sound was lost in translation. Chaotic, evil, and dedicated to eschewing genre expectations, MouthBreather is influenced as much by bands like Deftones, Primus, Tool, and Underoath as they are by more standard-issue punk and hardcore. The band places a heavy emphasis on visual art and creating a dynamic, menacing presence while still maintaining an aura of mystery.

"I was immediately impressed by the band upon first listen. The artwork grabbed me and then the music was just filled with a palpable rage and urgency. It just clicked with me right away. The guys have a great work ethic and a great vision that I know Good Fight can help actualize. Gonna be a fun one.” - Carl Severson (Good Fight Music)

Throughout the ten tracks of controlled chaos on I’m Sorry Mr. Salesman, the band is consistent in delivering a performance that is shockingly different from what you might expect from a punk/hardcore group. “Cotton Shot” oscillates wildly between chaotic nu-metal and downtempo beatdown, while “Burnout” incorporates a deceptively saccharine clean vocal into one of the darkest tunes on the release.

Titular track “I’m Sorry Mr. Salesman” opens with an unbridled (and slightly unhinged) performance from drummer Nick Cates that crescendos into a furor before dissipating into an almost ethereal soundscape, albeit one that is enveloped in a thick cloud of pure evil. The band manages to pack each of the songs on the release with so many absolutely skull-crushing moments that listening to the entire album front to back is not for the faint of heart -  and that is very much by design. MouthBreather is a band that only truly sounds like themselves.

MouthBreather is Ryan Fosdick (guitar), Nick Cates (drums), Brett Cates (vocals) and Derek Lamoreux (bass).

I’m Sorry Mr. Salesman track listing:

01. Wasted Life
02. Cotton Shot
03. Daunt
04. Tension Underbite
05. Wasted Science
06. Don’t Bring Me Back
07. Why Am I In A Hospital?
08. I Leave
09. Burnout
10. I’m Sorry Mr. Salesman

anonymous 114 days ago

oh i thought this was that band mouthbreather but they changed their name to waxeater. robs a dick

anonymous 114 days ago

pretty good

anonymous 114 days ago

agree, decent, and band name is humorous

anonymous 114 days ago

Hair dye is stoked for this.

anonymous 114 days ago

This was way better then I expected

anonymous 114 days ago

I sound like a total old person here but this is a classic example of needing to focus on their appearance, their image, and their marketing. All the clown shit on their album covers looks amateur and lame as f*ck. But the music is awesome and is brutal. They need to think harder how to draw people in.

anonymous 114 days ago

So they're not a hardcore band, they're a wannabe 90s metal/funk/whatever rock band using the word "hardcore" for street cred who should pluralize their name cuz that's what they are. I mean if you want to sound like Primus or Tool, go for it, enbarrass yourselves but you ain't hardcore & keep the word out of your mouths. Experimental hardcore = The word Hardcore is a commercial death sentence & why Vein calls themselves that.

anonymous 114 days ago

No, you are wrong. These guys don't sound anything like 90s funk or groove or whatever. They sound like a less technical Dillinger Escape Plan. Best genre for DEP is hardcore.

anonymous 114 days ago

This band could be good if they just wrote different songs and were called something else.

anonymous 113 days ago

Experimental Experimental Experimental Experimental Experimental Experimental

anonymous 113 days ago

Named after the Right. Cool.

anonymous 113 days ago

Free vaccine with every purchase

anonymous 112 days ago