NewsSeptember 27, 2019 4:57 PM ET2,673 views

Midnight sign with Metal Blade Records, share new song

Official press release: Metal Blade Records is proud to welcome Midnight to its worldwide roster. By now, Midnight need no introduction. Guided by the twisted muse of main-man Athenar since 2003, this Cleveland cult have been slaying the metal/punk underground with their own, highly addictive brand of lust, filth, and sleaze, subsequently building up a sizable catalog and garnering a rabid fanbase. While there are certainly fanatics for the band's early EP work, it was Midnight's debut album, Satanic Royalty (2011), that entered the band's name into the annals of "classic." Never one to rush things (nor drop an EP along the way), Midnight continued their underground dominance with No Mercy for Mayhem in 2014, further perfecting their signature sound. With the band's massively anticipated third album, Sweet Death and Ecstasy, the band showed their darkest and most daring effort to date. Fans can expect another crushing full-length, Rebirth By Blasphemy, in early 2020 via Metal Blade Records. Midnight's Athenar comments about the signing: "Well, I sent a demo tape of my band to Metal Blade Records back in 1987. It only took them 32 years to respond and guess what? They want to release a record! Patience is a virtue. Now you wait until this new album comes out so you can bang your fucking skull against a brick wall while cranking the stereo at neighbor destroying volume!" Before their new album drops next year, Midnight have now released the title track from their upcoming full-length, "Rebirth By Blasphemy," as a 7"/digital single to coincide with their signing, plus North American tour with Obituary, Abbath, and Devil Master (see below for dates), which kicks off today.

anonymous 9/27/2019 2:35:03 PM

Matt Fox here, sitting on the throne at a fan's house, trying to evacuate those donuts I had this morning. Welcome to the family Midnight! I'm so stoked to technichally call these guys my label mates. Even though we and Metal Blade have been in a strained relationship lately (supposedly we aren't pulling our weight in record sales or attendance numbers) they will be a great home for Midnight, rest assured. As for me, I am not simply strong, I may very well be the strongest man that ever lived!

anonymous 9/27/2019 2:50:07 PM

Sellout?

anonymous 9/27/2019 3:08:12 PM

I remember when my favorite band had just released and was blowing up, everyones comments were, "I don't breathe oxygen...I BREATHE CAROLINA"

anonymous 9/27/2019 3:13:49 PM

/ / ANNOUNCEMENT \ \ Hey everyone, Sammy here. Yesterday I met with the rest of the band and we have mutually decided that I take a hiatus as the drummer of Midnight for the time being. For the past few years I have been struggling with sobriety and, at this point in my life, I truly feel that if I don't make sobriety my main priority, my life will end up falling apart. Everything I have done, I've done to my fullest potential. I gave my all for my clothing line, I give my all with my drumming

anonymous 9/27/2019 3:14:08 PM

and I have given my all with Midnight. Right now I need to give my all to my mental health and my own well being. Sadly, I can't do that while being around all the temptation that comes with being in a band. I need to take some time off from the music, social media and lifestyle to do some soul searching and work on myself. I can't make any promises, but I am confident that I will be back, and if and when that does happen, I will be in a much better state mentally and physically. This band

anonymous 9/27/2019 3:14:30 PM

and everyone I've met through them has changed my life and I'm eternally grateful for all of you. Today I left the guys after a big group hug and 3 words which were "I got this." We have no bad blood, we're family for life and I do "got this." I have a sickness and I need to get better, simple as that. So this is not a goodbye, more so a "see you in a little while." So until then, be safe, much love and eyes up - Sammy Midnight

anonymous 9/27/2019 3:29:32 PM

^ I hope they are working on a Midnight podcast and use that for the "reacts" segment

anonymous 9/27/2019 6:36:35 PM

Midnight Oil is a better band. How do we sleep while our beds are burning!

anonymous 9/27/2019 8:08:28 PM

WEB.BY posting this and there's important Metallica news going on, SUCK IT GHEY

anonymous 9/27/2019 8:10:19 PM

Gayest personal update ever, left in the LG news comment section, wow! Is it real?? What an egomaniac to think people care about his shitty drumming contributions.

anonymous 9/27/2019 8:15:50 PM

Midnight run. Remember that movie? With Robert deniro and josh groban?

anonymous 9/28/2019 10:59:07 AM

POSER SELLOUTS

anonymous 9/28/2019 12:19:03 PM

Daylight signed to Nuclear Blast Records.