NewsSeptember 11, 2019 9:38 AM ET7,960 views

Alissa White-Gluz responds to allegations by The Agonist singer

Former The Agonist and current Arch Enemy vocalist Alissa White-Gluz is now refuting allegations that she has tried to hinder The Agonist since being dismissed from the band five years ago. Current The Agonist singer Vicky Psarakis made the accusation during a recent interview, stating, "I think it's fairly obvious that the person that's been trying to hold us back is Alissa." In a statement issued by White-Gluz's management firm, Kult Management (helmed by former Arch Enemy frontwoman Angela Gossow), and shared by Blabbermouth, White-Gluz emphatically denies Psarakis' assertions:
"I do not and have not talked about them or even thought about them in years. I am more than happy to talk to Vicky and put her concerns to rest because I know for a fact they are completely untrue. I have nothing but good luck to give her since I know I really enjoyed the music I made in that band and I'm sure she is making great music now too. She is welcome to contact me and always has been welcome to do so, but never has. "I want to give her the benefit of the doubt that she is just confused or misinformed. I don't know anything about her and as such, don't have any ill will towards her. The only contact I've had with them in any way was when I encountered the bass player at a metal show in Montreal a few years back and had nothing but a handshake with him. That was the ONLY contact I have had with that band in any way shape or form since we parted ways. "I cannot stress enough that I am extremely happy and extremely busy with my current projects and don't have time to dwell on the activities of others. I do not have any time, energy or interest to invest in trying to control someone else. Women in metal ALL stick together, no matter what. She and I are both just trying to have our music heard and I know firsthand how emotional and difficult it can be because I've been through it all, working my way from the ground up for years. "I have no negative feelings towards her. I think she just misspoke and got emotionally carried away. She is welcome to contact me at any time. I am happy to help her in any way she needs and I sincerely wish her the best. I am proud of my fans for taking the high road and not engaging in harassing others. Please do NOT harass Vicky or her band. People make mistakes and we can forgive them. Thank you."
Kult Management added, "we welcome people to look through the entire history of all her [White-Gluz] social media and find a single instance in which she speaks about her or the band she is in." The firm also provided statements from Napalm Records (currently affiliated with The Agonist) and Century Media Records (The Agonist's former label) in which both labels deny any interference whatsoever from White-Gluz as it relates to their respective dealings with The Agonist.

anonymous 9/11/2019 7:42:09 AM

Lol I have not and will not ever think about this band or Arch Enemy. They lost it after Angela maannnnnnnn.

anonymous 9/11/2019 8:12:34 AM

I have nothing to give her since I know I really made it in that band and I'm making great music now too.

anonymous 9/11/2019 8:27:17 AM

Time to put on my shitting pants

anonymous 9/11/2019 8:52:57 AM

"Women in metal ALL stick together. No matter what." Females in white pride metal bands are stoked

anonymous 9/11/2019 8:57:03 AM

fcking WHO responds to WHO? Nobody cares.

anonymous 9/11/2019 9:49:43 AM

white-gluz shoots back

anonymous 9/11/2019 12:35:49 PM

This is like MGK saying Eminem held back his career. No one likes you guys

anonymous 9/11/2019 1:01:22 PM

i heard that AE are really into apple sauce cuz Mike's a Mott.

anonymous 9/11/2019 1:09:00 PM

lol hang it up. both of you whiny ass old ass bands

anonymous 9/11/2019 1:46:09 PM

Female-frontwoman flip

anonymous 9/11/2019 2:21:02 PM

fck communism. Trump 2020.

anonymous 9/11/2019 2:27:58 PM

The Agonist have been plagued by ego issues throughout the band since the start. Not to mention really bad music that no one likes. Arch Enemy are also musically the worst they've ever been with Alissa. Both bands are actually worse than Nickelback.

anonymous 9/11/2019 3:04:43 PM

Angela > Alissa. Everyone > Doyle.

anonymous 9/11/2019 4:22:06 PM

"women in metal stick together" The hell they do. Imagine how much women gossip IRL. Musicians are narcissistic, entitled backstabbers. What if there was a Lambgoat For Women type of site...

anonymous 9/11/2019 4:51:07 PM

What if there was a Lambgoat For Women type of site... ^ everyone here is already a pssy, so...

anonymous 9/11/2019 8:00:42 PM

War eternal was a sick song tho sageas

anonymous 9/11/2019 11:50:36 PM

i leik turtlz

anonymous 9/12/2019 11:18:07 AM

anonymous20 hours ago The Agonist have been plagued by ego issues throughout the band since the start. Not to mention really bad music that no one likes. Arch - Exactly, this guy nailed it.

m00k 9/17/2019 2:53:11 AM

I believe she did this. That Alissa chick is a c*nt.

anonymous 9/21/2019 4:40:47 AM

Q:what is the one thing a football player can do that NONE of the people who post in the forum can do?A: change their pads after every period.