Cro-Mags 'JM' frontman suffers injury, shows canceled

Thu, September 5, 2019 7:36 AM PT5,968 views

Cro Mags "JM" have canceled their upcoming tour dates as the result of a hernia injury suffered by frontman John Joseph directly prior to the band's summer tour with Killswitch Engage and Clutch. Joseph had the following to say: "I reinjured my hernia, got to get surgery. What can you do? You've got to stay positive. You know what it is? I'm dealing with a lot of pain; I had to cancel all our shows and concerts and pull out of my Ironman, but I have to focus on what I have control over, and that is keeping my mind right so I heal quick and do the things I'm able to do, which means more writing. I'm working on new music. I'm working on the cookbook. I'm working on the film. That's in my control. How I deal with adversity, that's in my control. And that's what it's all about."

Analcest 9/5/2019 7:40:51 AM

Honk Honk

fourthgradecocktease 9/5/2019 7:49:31 AM

This guy is worse than Harley

anonymous 9/5/2019 7:49:41 AM

Now playing Weird Al - Living With A Hernia

anonymous 9/5/2019 7:57:59 AM

Harley Flanagan is stoked

anonymous 9/5/2019 8:22:00 AM

that's funny. i got a hernia at the base of my penis so a doctor had to shove a snake-camera up in there. long story short: really?

anonymous 9/5/2019 8:44:23 AM

maybe he should eat a hamburger

anonymous 9/5/2019 8:51:25 AM

If only there was another band like Cro-Mags 'JM' that could take the spot.

anonymous 9/5/2019 8:53:28 AM

Harley is Cro-Mags

easyhateoven 9/5/2019 8:54:00 AM

this dude needs to chill

anonymous 9/5/2019 9:02:06 AM

This obsession with positivity makes this dude seem like a serial killer.

anonymous 9/5/2019 9:17:20 AM

I'm working on new music. I'm working on the cookbook. I'm working on the film. Working on new music implies he's ever contributed to other music. Can't wait to find out about this film. I'm sure it's on a Scorsese level.

anonymous 9/5/2019 9:25:31 AM

anonymous 9/5/2019 9:28:53 AM

Weave gotta know.

anonymous 9/5/2019 9:38:41 AM

maybe he should eat a hamburger ^^Ask Matt Pike from High on Fire how that's going for him

anonymous 9/5/2019 9:45:00 AM

what a pssy lol lift with your legs bitch

anonymous 9/5/2019 9:45:33 AM

right on, JJ. Keep on keepin' on, man Harley is a c-ck-bag and devoid of talent. JM is the real deal Cro-Mags JJ is a straight gay. fck off groupie bitch

anonymous 9/5/2019 9:55:20 AM

Dude said "concerts".

anonymous 9/5/2019 9:56:01 AM

The "if there was only another band..." comment was spot on.

anonymous 9/5/2019 10:58:43 AM

Can't tour, have to concentrate on pseudo science and yelling at randos about eating veggies.

anonymous 9/5/2019 11:03:54 AM

JJ here: When I went on tour, we were making family dinners, and I learned from people like the Bad Brains. We would get together and have these family dinners. It was something I never had in the foster system. Sometimes we literally had to eat dog food.

anonymous 9/5/2019 11:04:37 AM

JJ here again: Back in the day, we went on tour with Motörhead. We were basically not even getting paid. Our manager was ripping us off, so we would take our per diem and pool it all together, and I would go to the supermarket and cook for all of us.

anonymous 9/5/2019 11:06:24 AM

Still JJ: The superfoods, the chia seeds, the greens, all of that helps get you going the next day. That's why so many athletes are going plant-based now. I'm banging out hundred-mile rides, get off my bike, and then run 15 miles right after. How the fck are you going to come back from that the next day when you're eating a bunch of meat that's sitting in your gut?

anonymous 9/5/2019 11:32:01 AM

Harley Flannegan(sp?) looks like a real life "Beavis" from "Beavis & Butthead" animated Fame.

anonymous 9/5/2019 11:34:51 AM

any current Cro-mags concert ticket stub comes complete with a complimentary shiv.

anonymous 9/5/2019 11:46:37 AM

anonymous1 hour ago The "if there was only another band..." comment was spot on. Might be the best ever comment.

anonymous 9/5/2019 11:57:46 AM

so is it Cro-Mags for Harley and Cro-gays for JJ?

anonymous 9/5/2019 12:01:08 PM

Dude said "concerts". LOL

anonymous 9/5/2019 12:11:06 PM

anonymous 9/5/2019 12:12:24 PM

He got buttfcked by Harley!

anonymous 9/5/2019 1:06:09 PM

anonymous4 hours ago This obsession with positivity makes this dude seem like a serial killer. SPOT. ON.

anonymous 9/5/2019 1:08:31 PM

Who is more insufferable...JJ,Harley or Toby morse

ed_money 9/5/2019 1:08:42 PM

"Zen and a rampant EGO." The new book by John "Bloodclot" Joseph.

anonymous 9/5/2019 1:16:26 PM

A new AF track went up today, LG is slipping on the news of it! I am sure this place will give it tons of praise!

anonymous 9/5/2019 1:27:31 PM

Great, can't wait to pay for his surgery. Get a real job, you useless pile of dog shit.

anonymous 9/5/2019 3:41:05 PM

Harley is a c-ck-bag and devoid of talent. JM is the real deal Cro-Mags LOL, they're both morons but JJ can't write shit.

anonymous 9/5/2019 3:41:51 PM

Who is more insufferable...JJ,Harley or Toby morse That's a fcking tough one. Probably Toby.

anonymous 9/5/2019 4:31:41 PM

How will JJ support himself with his "lucrative" walking tours now

anonymous 9/5/2019 4:46:59 PM

fck that weak shit I have 2 hernias, lift sheetrock all day & still manage to mosh on the weekends to White Devil

anonymous 9/5/2019 4:58:47 PM

So much for that plant-based diet huh JJ? Fun/ny fact: When someone took a pic of JJ walking out of McDonald's JJ adamantly insisted he went in there only to take a shit cuz he couldn't take a shit in the St.Vitus Bar bathroom, yeah sure ok try you snuck into McDonald's to get the secret steady Big Mac you've been getting since 198X. He is a total, utter fraud re: veganism & his ironmans.

anonymous 9/5/2019 4:59:54 PM

LOL, they're both morons but JJ can't write shit.>> JJ can't even play an instrument either.

anonymous 9/5/2019 5:02:38 PM

Agree on comment about if only there was another band being the best probable comment to place in this section. Also I tried to eat celery hardcore for a few weeks to build up massive loads (like in one JJ vids he says this) and I was testing it everynight and I didn't see an increase of how much I load I was blowing. SMH

anonymous 9/5/2019 5:02:49 PM

Harley is act Mags but Harley's also a D Bag. The only person who's cool with him is jimmy gestapo and Murphy's law sucks ass. He stopped caring about hardcore a long time ago. I'm sure he's only cashing in now cause he's old and doesn't really need to work an actual job besides teach a few hours of jui jitsu a week cause his girl supports him.>> His wife is a lawyer and lives with him in Inwood the northernmost and cheapest neighborhood in Manhattan.

anonymous 9/5/2019 5:08:05 PM

I wouldn't say Harley's wife supports him. He must pull down minimum $25 an hour teaching BJJ and make very nice coin opening for most of Misfits arena shows. He played the sold out one at Prudential Center in Newark so you have to figure his Cro-Mags got at least 19G ($50 x 200 paid) for that where he probably literally took the PATH train to the gig with just his bass ($5.50 roundtrip.)

anonymous 9/5/2019 5:09:10 PM

Should have been JJ and not todd youth.

anonymous 9/5/2019 5:10:58 PM

Also he makes money from Cro-Mags shows in general, Cro-Mags merchandise, book sales, the private settlement he got from Webster Hall from getting stabbed there as WH was liable. I doubt he spends money on clothes when you see how he dresses in pics, restaurants, video games etc. He probably lives a very simple life.

anonymous 9/5/2019 5:22:16 PM

Harley must've got a mid six figure to low seven figure settlement from being stabbed by DMS at Webster Hall cuz WH was liable for that. Remember Harley didn't even go to criminal trial cuz DMS had no case. Don't let his clothes and bullshit shows fool you - he's rich with a sugar mommy.

anonymous 9/5/2019 5:24:22 PM

I bet Harley told Tony Victory "wire me 50K cash" after Tony offered sign Victory Records and Tony did it cuz Tony thinks he'll get back in the good graces of hardcore. He probably thought "What am I gonna do not pay Harley Cro-Mags 50K?" Tony tried to get back in the good grace of hardcore by signing Terror then he fcked them over so he's done in hardcore.

anonymous 9/5/2019 7:08:08 PM

How will JJ support himself with his "lucrative" walking tours now ^^^^^ Ever notice that his cooking podcast is always filmed in a friend's kitchen? I'm pretty sure that JJ is homeless.

anonymous 9/5/2019 7:29:15 PM

but the celery didn't make me blow bigger loads. JJ is a snake oil salesman

anonymous 9/6/2019 5:44:07 AM

this boner blocked me on instagram for agreeing with him. dude is softer than baby shit.

anonymous 9/6/2019 7:55:22 AM

He's gotta be wigging out right now.

anonymous 9/6/2019 8:44:44 AM

CHECK IT OUT BAND SUCKS

anonymous 9/6/2019 9:24:44 AM

These fcking comments are a joke! It's funny to read how many people are miserable in life.

anonymous 9/6/2019 11:32:23 AM

^^^ I'm bummed that the comments aren't even funnier and haven't once mentioned that JJ wears a rug on his head. Only one "miserable in life" is you bud - get a sense of humor or get lost. You thought comments for this were gonna be a parade of asskiss get wells? LOL

anonymous 9/6/2019 11:37:51 AM

Ever notice that his cooking podcast is always filmed in a friend's kitchen? I'm pretty sure that JJ is homeless. >> Or maybe it's JJ's kitchen and he's having a friend over his place. JJ isn't homeless. JJ has a way below market rent apartment in Manhattan a friend who owns a ton of buildings rents out to him. JJ probably pays 500 a month tops utilities included or lives for free in exchange for a few hours a week maintaining the building (cleaning, garbage, light repairs, etc.)

anonymous 9/6/2019 12:07:20 PM

This is how Johh Joseph still lives in NYC. He has a landlord pal charge him well below market rent - nice. Survival Of The Streets (living on them for free, off others for free, or in a pad with 1990/sweetheart rent.) https://www.miaminewtimes. com/music/cro-mags-john-jo seph-its-a-good-thing-the- music-business-fell-apart- they-ruined-music-6447648 "My landlord owns about 50 or 60 buildings and he's a good friend of mine, so I pay way below market value for my apartment." Fraud.

anonymous 9/6/2019 6:31:25 PM

"and pull out of my Ironman," oh wow looks like we've got a badass over here....

anonymous 9/6/2019 8:42:50 PM

Vegan pssy!

anonymous 9/6/2019 8:45:12 PM

Heard a rumor he got tag teamed like a little bitch by one life crew. For somebody who hates meat he sure had a lot in his mouth yo!

fourthgradecocktease 9/7/2019 10:47:41 AM

anonymous1 day ago Who is more insufferable...JJ,Harley or Toby morse Toby is always worse

anonymous 9/8/2019 10:01:16 AM

JJ here again: I smoke meth to keep myself in shape

anonymous 9/8/2019 7:45:03 PM

I hope either son of Harley gives John Joseph the long overdue beating he deserves.

anonymous 9/19/2019 1:30:10 PM

Toby Morse is on another level