NewsJanuary 18, 2019 2:09 PM ET5,714 views

Cannibal Corpse recruits Erik Rutan for upcoming tours

Cannibal Corpse has enlisted death metal guitarist and record producer Erik Rutan to fill in for troubled guitar player Pat O'Brien, who was arrested for assault and burglary last month. The band has issued the following statement:
"Cannibal Corpse have announced that Erik Rutan will fill in for guitarist Pat O'Brien as O'Brien tends to personal issues. Rutan will appear live with the band for the Decibel Magazine Tour and the upcoming US leg of Slayer's final tour happening this May alongside Slayer, Lamb of God, and Amon Amarth. This won't be the first time these death metal powerhouses have worked together; Rutan has produced four albums with Cannibal Corpse (Kill, Evisceration Plague, Torture, Red Before Black) and is uniquely equipped to fill the role - he is one of the death metal's most acclaimed guitarists and is known for his time as part of Morbid Angel (who are co headlining the Decibel tour alongside Cannibal) throughout the 90s and early 2000s, as well as handling vocals/guitars and production duties for his current band Hate Eternal."

anonymous 1/18/2019 11:24:40 AM

God I wish it was jack

anonymous 1/18/2019 11:35:49 AM

Jim Carey's dumb ass is stoked

anonymous 1/18/2019 11:56:03 AM

Todd Jones here. "Most acclaimed death metal guitarist"? You will never be one of us.

anonymous 1/18/2019 12:44:33 PM

Rutan is the man!

anonymous 1/18/2019 12:45:26 PM

Is Todd Jones the new Tim lambesis on here?

anonymous 1/18/2019 12:49:31 PM

I went to stay with mom and Ricky once, he made me punch him in his six pack. He didn't feel anything because the muscles were so hard. It was like punching a vacuum packed bag of roasted sausages. Then he made me do abdominal crunches with him. I barfed all over his carpet. My barf was real orange and tasted fizzy. Ricky Prickles was so mad, he smacked me twice in the face with the flat of his hand.

anonymous 1/18/2019 1:20:30 PM

NO-Todd Jones is just a corn waffle all of the idiots who occupy the messegeboard of Lamegoat who get a kick out of posting his name in different messeges closing their messeges with "You'll Never be one of us." N.A.I.L.S. is corny as fck and so are you for reading this post -as far as you have...

anonymous 1/18/2019 1:25:42 PM

Are there expensive high quality crème c-cktails? What the fck do you think? I'm expecting to run up a formidable bar bill tonight... Fifteen bucks for a luxuriously creamy pssy-ass daiquiri!

anonymous 1/18/2019 1:28:38 PM

David Gunn a.k.a the Bando Commando slash Rambo a.k.a. the Pyrex Pirate here. I'm chained to men I've known since children, but that's the kind of life you have to live in Flint, MI, which is CRAZY. I don't know if you know this or not, but that's where KING is from, and it's CRAZY. Gonna do some leg presses using Sumerican Annunaki stones, then it's time to prowl the streets to catch a body.

anonymous 1/18/2019 1:30:22 PM

Is it true that Converge are rereleasing there catalog on 8-track? Seriously man. Good idea.

anonymous 1/18/2019 1:41:11 PM

Guns here, reminding you that owning 100 of us and a couple of flamethrowers may not be the best idea, but it is your right

anonymous 1/18/2019 1:49:30 PM

"Personal issues" lol

anonymous 1/18/2019 2:49:12 PM

All LG cynicism / trolling aside, Rutan is a legit replacement. The death metal version of Beast Mode.

anonymous 1/18/2019 3:49:49 PM

"...he is one of THE DEATH METAL'S"

anonymous 1/18/2019 8:19:36 PM

Imagine having a the name 'Eric Rutan' and never getting laid. You have to change your name son!! Insufferable gaygaristas--It's Bronz. I passed top of class at my Brother's university recently and trust me, one course--"Become A Millionaire In 90 Days" Part 1--"Change Ya Nerdy fckin Name And Hair Fool" You change that shit or you will end up in a staid metal band making 40 a night till ya daddy is changin ya Depends cuck. This Rutan putz is on noones radar, 'cept all yall geeky fcks ~IDGTF~

anonymous 1/18/2019 8:24:35 PM

Pat is hard to fill in for. Rutan is a good fit though

anonymous 1/19/2019 5:56:05 AM

Todd Jones herr. Islander. Emmure. Y'all aint funny. Bunch of unoriginal mo-mo's who can't get fcked. By ebony BBWs. Trust me if y'all got that Hershey love and had lives you'd have better things to do than regurgitate 3 year old Lambgoat comments. You'd have your winners buried in paradise.

anonymous 1/19/2019 5:58:21 AM

Ugghh. Weiners not winners. Damn auto correct. And add a thick Bush to that ebony BBW.

anonymous 1/19/2019 9:23:44 PM

Ballsaq boi here; I love Cannibal Corpse's "Gallery Of Suicide" album more than my own dad. I hate you all, you're corny and pathetic. Thanks for reading.

anonymous 1/20/2019 7:55:32 PM

I just spent upwards of 15K on jewelry from Jensen just by clicking the top of the page. Instead of the normal arguing that gets everyone nowhere, I would suggest you all do the same. A good impression on the advertisers will make the site more valuable; it's a win-win for the everyone.

anonymous 1/20/2019 8:30:47 PM

--Y'all aint funny. Bunch of unoriginal wah wah wah :***[ Don't hemorrage too much about it fckstain JUST FOR YOU I have some new material already wrote and ready to debut it out in the coming week it's funnier than arite lange's nose

anonymous 1/21/2019 12:37:36 AM

Just for me? Well come on with it then. c-m on with it. c-m on feel the noise.

anonymous 1/21/2019 1:32:09 PM

they also have to rent space for his forehead

anonymous 1/21/2019 3:08:45 PM

dick recruits butt for upcoming buttsex

anonymous 1/21/2019 7:17:30 PM

please don't wipe your butt after shitting. i want to make sure i get shit all over my c-ck when i put it up there. yummo

anonymous 1/22/2019 8:02:49 AM

David Gunn a.k.a the Bando Commando slash Rambo a.k.a. the Pyrex Pirate here<--- eat a big ol'platter of excrement, you dumb ass pole smoker... your schpeel hasn't caught on yet & NEVER WILL... it's corny & not funny in the least bit. Give It Up.