Born Of Osiris announce new album, premiere song

Friday, November 16, 2018 12:28 PM PT / 4,212 views

Born Of Osiris has formally announced plans to release a new album this winter. The effort has been titled The Simulation and will arrive on January 11 through Sumerian Records. To coincide with the announcement, the band has issued a new single call "The Accursed." Its official music video can be found below. Lee McKinney (guitars) comments: "The first single and video for 'The Accursed' plays exactly off of the album titles and themes. People are stuck and addicted to machines, social media, virtual realities and anything that creates a life or reality that's not their own. Our phones have become an extension of ourselves, a body part. We play games or throw on virtual headsets that literally suck us out of the reality we live and into a fantasy. What's the future going to look like, a simulation? Could the simulation have already begun?"
As for the new record, McKinney says, "This new album keeps the integrity high across the board. I want to make the best songs I could for the people who are listening (and myself), and I want to perform them to their best ability on stage to give the people attending our shows those 'wow' moments. We want to give them those concert memories that'll last a lifetime." The Simulation track listing: 1. The Accursed 2. Disconnectome 3. Cycles of Tragedy 4. Under the Gun 5. Recursion 6. Analogs in a Cell 7. Silence the Echo 8. One Without the Other

kort 11/16/2018 12:54:12 PM

STOP MAKE MUSIC. KORTY NO LIKE. U STOP

anonymous 11/16/2018 1:30:58 PM

I am in a public place. I will not listen now and I will probably forget to ever listen later. So fck em.

anonymous 11/16/2018 2:23:32 PM

blatant rip off of the new Keith Ape video, Born of Osiris get the fck out of here

thetowerofrome 11/16/2018 2:38:03 PM

They just get worse and worse

anonymous 11/16/2018 3:22:47 PM

This shit sucks

anonymous 11/16/2018 3:42:47 PM

anonymous 11/16/2018 4:26:47 PM

if there's not 2 guitarists, idgaf

anonymous 11/16/2018 5:48:49 PM

Can't imagine why the bass player quit lol

anonymous 11/16/2018 5:49:40 PM

is the bassist that quit on this album?

anonymous 11/16/2018 5:49:53 PM

"Honestly this isn't that bad. They've stuck to a formula but still made each album somewhat different from the others. I could think of far worse, like, Blood On the Dance Floor could still be a fcking thing, amirite?" Hey dude go fck yourself.

anonymous 11/16/2018 8:22:47 PM

Lee Mckinney here, My dad taught me that there is nothing like a three wheeler on a four lane.

anonymous 11/16/2018 9:12:34 PM

Blood On The Dance Floor...How in the fck did you think of them?...Send Help

anonymous 11/17/2018 1:24:00 AM

No Attila no care

anonymous 11/17/2018 8:41:52 AM

Didn't The Human Abstract do this right before they broke up? LMAO Jewmerian Records does it again!

anonymous 11/17/2018 9:57:59 AM

Crazy all these bands Born of Osiris, Veil of Maya, After the burial, etc have been desperately trying to homogenizer their sound into something closer to radio rock and it's just sad to watch. Go get day jobs if this shit doesn't pay the bills guys you're not gonna be Imagine Dragons

anonymous 11/17/2018 10:42:08 AM

"Blood On The Dance Floor...How in the fck did you think of them?...Send Help" It's just that terrible, how can you forget such awful shit? And to the dude telling me to go fck myself, cmon now, I don't even get a "Serj Tankian" monologue? Starting to think you guys dont love me anymore. Lol

anonymous 11/17/2018 12:17:15 PM

the production is so thin sounding... zero low end.

anonymous 11/17/2018 12:55:31 PM

Probably should've gave it up after the new reign, this is really uninspiring stuff

anonymous 11/18/2018 3:28:11 AM

I've always liked this band..but this right here..what the fck is this. fcking hang it up