Sworn Enemy sign record deal, prepare to release new album

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 11:25 AM PT / 4,247 views

Sworn Enemy band Official press release: The Queens, New York-based Sworn Enemy – whose intense fusion of metal, thrash and New York hardcore has provided the soundtrack for numerous moshpits over the past two decades – have signed with M-Theory Audio. The label will release the group's sixth album, produced by Robb Flynn of Machine Head, in 2019. Vocalist and founding member Sal Lococo says the new album – nearly five years in the making – will be worth the wait. "First and foremost, we want to thank Marco Barbieri at M-Theory Records for believing in Sworn Enemy," he says. "We also want to take a minute to thank Robb Flynn and Zack Ohren at Sharkbite Studios for putting up with us at the studio. The new album is savage as fuck and would not have been possible without you guys. Now it's time to get back out on the road and show everyone how fucking great this new shit is!" Sworn Enemy was first signed by Hatebreed frontman Jamey Jasta, who released the group's first two EPs on his Stillborn Recordings label in 2001 and 2002. He also produced the band's full-length debut, As Real As It Gets, which was released by Elektra Records in 2003, a year that saw the band deliver memorable performances on tour with Ozzfest. In the 15 years since, Sworn Enemy released four additional albums of punishing metallic hardcore and toured with a number of notable acts, including Anthrax, Mastodon, Fear Factory, Sepultura, Suicide Silence, Dying Fetus, Earth Crisis, Madball, Biohazard and Hatebreed. The band expects to spend much of 2019 touring support of its new album; stay tuned for additional details in the coming weeks.

anonymous 10/16/2018 12:26:19 PM

Why though ??

anonymous 10/16/2018 12:40:38 PM

I challenge Sal to fight me

anonymous 10/16/2018 1:36:41 PM

no Lorenzo no care wrong kid died goddamnit

fourthgradecocktease 10/16/2018 4:04:28 PM

guidos: the band

anonymous 10/16/2018 4:37:10 PM

"I fcked a dude in Vancouver." -Lorenzo

anonymous 10/16/2018 7:31:35 PM

please dont

anonymous 10/16/2018 7:59:27 PM

Bring back Lorenzo, J Man and J Rad then I will listen

anonymous 10/16/2018 8:03:22 PM

Why is there 2 red SS letters spray painted on the far left of the picture. I opened the pic in photoshop and can confirm this.

anonymous 10/16/2018 11:19:43 PM

This lineup is okay. I liked Living on Borrowed Time.

anonymous 10/17/2018 6:44:32 AM

9/11 is stoked

anonymous 10/17/2018 2:09:39 PM

Ayo, Googatz...grab me a bologna sandwich why don't ya

anonymous 10/18/2018 8:35:05 AM

WORST BAND

anonymous 10/18/2018 6:21:47 PM

one time listened to the guitar player talk about cheese for about 20 minutes. he's a big fan.

anonymous 10/18/2018 11:59:42 PM

Love these guys but the last record sucked ass.

anonymous 10/19/2018 9:05:30 AM

Jay Weinberg here. During my time in a seminal and historic NYHC band I helped put on the map(get the record I jumped on despite having an 18 credit load at a prestigious college. The singer of Sworn Enemy was invited into the van of said band, and brought with him an open and unconcealed alcoholic beverage. I called 911 and informed the local authorities. It was then the bass player of said band said I would be bottom bit ch boy. I realized there was different lifestyle choices at play