Afterlife sign with Hopeless Records, premiere new single

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 5:20 PM PT / 2,628 views

Official press release: Afterlife have announced their debut album Breaking Point will be released January 11th, 2019 via Hopeless Records. This will be the band's first release on Hopeless. In addition to the announcement, the band dropped the upcoming album's first single, "Throat." The song is very personal, diving into vocalist Tyler Levenson's journey with mental health. "I felt at times that I was controlled by the anxiety, that it was dictating everything I did," he reflects. "Everything I did, I had some type of doubt in my mind because of it." Fans can check out the music video and new track, here:
On the new single and signing announcement, the band shares, "'Throat' is one of our favorite songs from the record and right after it was recorded we knew that we wanted this to be the first song the world got to hear from our upcoming record. Hopeless is synonymous with some of the best artists in the music world and we couldn't be happier being a part of the Hopeless family!" Afterlife, made up of vocalist Tyler Levenson, guitarist Andrew McGuire, drummer Luke Walkinshaw and bassist Tristan Edwards, emerged from West Palm Beach, Florida at the tail end of 2016 with a clear vision of what they wanted to bring to the world with their music. "We talked about what we find in music that's nostalgic and memorable and implemented that into what we felt was true to us and just started from there," Levenson says of the band's formation. Following up their fast and in-your-face Vicious Cycle EP, Afterlife's debut album Breaking Point ambitiously tackles a variety of impactful topics from mental health and domestic assault to political apathy and the weight of guilt over the course of 10 unique tracks that blend influences like Slipknot, Linkin Park and modern hip-hop. Breaking Point is now available for pre-order. When pre-ordered digitally, fans will receive an instant download of "Throat." Breaking Point track listing: 01. Sacrifice 02. Throat 03. PSA 04. Giving Back the Pain 05. Breaking Point 06. Holding On 07. Grey Sky 08. Karma 09. New Rage 10. Broken Home

anonymous 9/19/2018 5:44:27 PM

My body is covered from Head. To. Toe. In. Dads. Pheromones. I have a dirty diaper of his on my head that I am using as a special needs helmet. Hi. I am David Gunn a.k.a. The Perenium Peruser a.k.a. The Prostate Potentate a.k.a. Rambone. Its a typical day at the Gunn's here in Davidson. But its about to get CRAZY. Mom and Dad are taking me to Flint to see a PG-13 movie and I am planning on sneaking in a Chocolate Milk. Time to eat a frozen Push-Up and then catch a dick in my body.

F___A___G___G___O___T 9/19/2018 5:45:17 PM

^ My cat is named after you! He's the best - me and my cat David Gunn.

anonymous 9/19/2018 5:57:07 PM

***The Good Brett / Bad Brett CYOA (choose your own adventure)*** 1. The pool party was lacking something. Brett went inside. His eyes drifted until they landed on just what he was after. Christine was a 36b-30-34 natural blonde beauty. The fact that she wore sunglasses even though she was inside didn't escape the high school football letterman. Nonetheless, in hot pursuit, he traced her every move as she took a trip upstairs to the bathroom. (more below)

F___A___G___G___O___T 9/19/2018 5:57:52 PM

^ Hmmm...what's this. *get's popcorn ready (and Jergens)*

anonymous 9/19/2018 5:59:49 PM

2. A sweet, musky scent lingered from inside her teal one piece bikini. Brett felt movement in his trousers. Christine closed the door behind her without noticing she was being followed. Brett hid in the shadows. He spotted an empty bedroom and began plotting his next move. Intrusive thoughts flooded his active imagination. He knew what he had to do. (to be continued)

anonymous 9/19/2018 8:03:18 PM

These guys can barely get a crowd in their own hometown. Luke is the only solid person in this group of premadonnas.

anonymous 9/19/2018 9:54:46 PM

The 2 for $6 deal at Burger King is so much better than this

anonymous 9/20/2018 12:48:25 AM

i rarely post, but damn this sucks so bad haha

anonymous 9/20/2018 12:58:56 AM

url youtube download can get you this track without wasting your money by the way lol - and seriously fck you for dropping band names like linkin park when you sound nothing like them at all haha. fcking disgrace

anonymous 9/20/2018 7:33:01 AM

"These guys can barely get a crowd in their own hometown. Luke is the only solid person in this group of premadonnas" I don't like their music, I don't know the other guys in the band, but I can tell you Tristan has a heart of gold and is a really good dude. AlsO TIM LAMBESIS