NewsAugust 10, 2018 3:25 PM ET12,325 views

I Killed The Prom Queen booted from festival

I Killed The Prom Queen kicked off festival Two days after revealing that they'd temporarily resurrect their 2003 line-up to perform at this year's UNIFY Gathering, I Killed The Prom Queen has been removed from the festival bill. The move comes as the result of sexist comments previously made by former vocalist Michael Crafter, who was slated to peform with the band. UNIFY Gathering organizers have issued the following statement:
"Today UNIFY Gathering has made the decision, with the backing of band members, to remove I Killed The Prom Queen from the lineup for Unify Gathering 2019. "We made this decision because historical comments made on social media by former member Michael Crafter, who was to re-appear as guest singer of I Killed the Prom Queen for their one- off 2004 nostalgia set. These comments fall well short of today's community standards and were considered deeply offensive to many people within our music community. "These comments are completely unacceptable and contrary to our deeply held values and beliefs that music is for everyone and to be enjoyed by all. "We want to create a culture of positive change within the music industry and it's our responsibility to call out unacceptable behaviour wherever we see it. "UNIFY is committed to ensuring a safe place for anyone and everyone who wants to enjoy music. This is why we jointly launched the 'Your Choice' initiative, aimed at addressing cultural issues and harmful behaviour within the music festival landscape. "On reflection, we acknowledge that Michael Crafter shouldn't have been chosen to appear at Unify Gathering 2019. We'd like to acknowledge that the members of the band have been really open and helpful in this conversation, and we wish them the best moving forward."
Some of the offensive comments attributed to Crafter are these 2016 remarks regarding gender diversity at UNIFY:
"End of the day a festival is about getting c*nt to shows. Not giving someone a go cause it's feel sorry for women in bands week. I'm sure there's enough girls get finger banged in the tents to be happy enough about the festival. Women want to be equal… get fucking better at being in a band."
For his part, Crafter had this to say about the controversy:
"Two years ago and plenty of time years previously, I said a lot of dumb stuff online to troll, cause drama and bait people to piss them off. Things I said then are not a reflection of who I am today, as two years is a long time. I completely understand why people are pissed off, and I am sorry and I really regret it. I want women to succeed in music, my daughter included if that's the path she chooses. I'm massive on being positive and pushing yourself and think my life nowadays is a reflection on that…"

anonymous 8/10/2018 12:45:20 PM

oh wow. total shocker. it's almost like there is a connection between douchebag music and douchebag people.

anonymous 8/10/2018 12:50:20 PM

This whole story gives me the creeps. It's worse than some huge football player walking up with his raging boner to your mom or grandma & then trying to sexually assault them. Insane.

F___A___G___G___O___T 8/10/2018 12:50:57 PM

^ Hell yeah, nice man, hope this becomes a thing. Thanks.

anonymous 8/10/2018 1:21:35 PM

"These comments fall well short of today's community standards and were considered deeply offensive to many people within our music community." Yeah, "today's" standards. These comments were in the past and should stay in the past since that doesn't seem to be the type of person he is "today". fcking tired of people's shit being dredged up from social media. People want people to change but then don't allow them because of social media and digging up the past.

anonymous 8/10/2018 1:28:23 PM

^ yeah Unifys statement is typical weak and "today's standards" is to excuse them from not doing shit then. Guy is still a dbag though and his statement reads more like he was sexually frustrated than "trolling" imo.

anonymous 8/10/2018 1:30:07 PM

Should have used an anonymous account, knowing today's world is full of witch hunt mentality SJWtards.

anonymous 8/10/2018 1:43:06 PM

I mean, he's right.

anonymous 8/10/2018 1:43:12 PM

keys words in this.. "Historical", "Today's Standards". 10 years ago I could hold a door open for a woman.. now if I do I'm a fcking sexist piece of shit

Rick____Tocchet 8/10/2018 2:37:41 PM

Finger banged. Have not heard that one in a while.

anonymous 8/10/2018 3:00:55 PM

Leftist nazis hunt down bands who don't agree with their group think.

anonymous 8/10/2018 3:16:41 PM

Filling this recently vacated slot will be that new Anti-fascist black metal band I have been hearing so much about latley

anonymous 8/10/2018 3:41:41 PM

Only takeaway here: Stay the fck off social media. If you have it, delete everything you ever said, then delete the account. You're welcome.

anonymous 8/10/2018 4:06:21 PM

Thats stupid of crafter to say but people get too butt hurt over something thats especially in the past. People change.

genghisjohn 8/10/2018 5:02:56 PM

"Women want to be equal… get fcking better at being in a band." Well, he's not entirely wrong.

anonymous 8/10/2018 5:27:44 PM

Anon says... say what you want you nïgger loving, honkey, chink, redskin, mooley, sage, suckin, shit eatin, dressing up like doll lookin, white wine drinkin, bald headed nazi.

anonymous 8/10/2018 5:45:05 PM

I thought they were going to be a glam hardcore band with that name. But anyways, this is getting ridiculous. Why are people digging into years ago posts from people to try to ruin their careers off a simple post?

anonymous 8/10/2018 5:54:23 PM

But Tim Lambest-ts can get his band back and tour Europe and North America. ::shakes head::

anonymous 8/10/2018 7:31:08 PM

anonymous 8/10/2018 8:36:00 PM

Love me a nice finger banging

anonymous 8/10/2018 9:19:39 PM

Deathcore jon not stoked to be finger banged in mesh cemetEry shorts. 'Deathcokore Jon''

anonymous 8/10/2018 11:14:42 PM

Bruh, looks like he found him a c*nt to finger bang in that picture.

anonymous 8/11/2018 1:18:35 AM

^ James Gunn

anonymous 8/11/2018 3:24:02 AM

I fckING TOLD YOU A$$holes IN THE PREVIOUS ARTICLES... THIS DUDE IS A TIM LAMBESIS WANNABE !!! NOBODY LISTENED TO ME HAHAHA

anonymous 8/11/2018 3:26:53 AM

When will this SJW finger banging f4ck-fest end ?? Seriously... people who complain about shit from many years ago have nothing better to do with themselves... THANKS A LOT YOU SJW f4ck tards!! You HAD to ruin something for everybody else who doesn't give a crap about stupid finger-banging comments

anonymous 8/11/2018 3:28:27 AM

Open your eyes people!! The fcking leftists are the true nazis!!

anonymous 8/11/2018 3:29:59 AM

Bet you Tim lambesis was finger banging his wife the same day the hitman was supposed to make her lay dying

anonymous 8/11/2018 5:58:33 AM

fckin goo goos

anonymous 8/11/2018 7:35:22 AM

Way back when in 2016.

anonymous 8/11/2018 12:36:04 PM

bet they won't be replaced by a female band because the festival organizers are retards. makes me like I Killed The Prom Queen even more. he wasn't wrong. go back stage & suck some dck, ladies...or fck off

anonymous 8/11/2018 4:04:18 PM

women don't want to be in metal bands, they want to be in pop music singing over a dubstep track single and getting tons of money and attention. but oh no, i'm offended by words on the internet

anonymous 8/13/2018 1:11:57 PM

nah, antifa is already working on taking down tim, those tours won't happen we have wheels in motion. LOL!!!!!! Thank you for keeping us safe!