NewsMay 1, 2018 11:20 AM ET5,643 views

Madball premieres first single from new album

New York City hardcore veterans Madball has released a lyric video for the first new song from their upcoming album, For The Cause, which is due out on June 15 through Nuclear Blast. You can stream the track "Old Fashioned" below.

spaceghhost 5/1/2018 8:38:14 AM

people who like the same song over and over again are stoked

anonymous 5/1/2018 8:51:08 AM

wow this is straight up tech death just like everyone predicted!

anonymous 5/1/2018 10:35:38 AM

Who remembers Hazen St, man was that bad

anonymous 5/1/2018 1:33:01 PM

This is fcking terrible

anonymous 5/1/2018 2:19:40 PM

It was actually really good until the singing came in then I stopped it cause it sucked

anonymous 5/1/2018 2:39:37 PM

Guitars metal as fck, dude must have taken classes or something. Vokills need work, doesn't fit the new style. Whatever tho, I'm here for the riffs .

anonymous 5/2/2018 6:51:28 AM

LOL @ their pic being without the new guitarist. Wait...do they have one? No more Matt Henderson or Brian "Mitts" Daniels - hang it up fellas. You should've stayed broken up when you broke up in 2001.

anonymous 5/2/2018 6:58:51 AM

Seriously, why is Madball, Sick Of It All, or any 1980s NYHC band still around in 2018? Not a rhetorical question - I want real, honest, no holds barred answers. Go to it. Make me laugh, too.

fourthgradecocktease 5/2/2018 7:33:08 AM

^ because a lot of those guys peobably never learned a trade or went to college or anything, and keeping the band together is probably the path of least resistance for them when it comes to making money. Kids will still buy the merch so they still get paid. Don't have to work nearly as hard ad they did because of the contacts and "cred" they've accrued over the years

anonymous 5/2/2018 9:36:28 AM

LOL lambgoaters jelous over a hardcore band

anonymous 5/2/2018 10:23:53 AM

anonymous 5/2/2018 10:34:51 AM

I think it's because it's easy/easier than going to college or trade school and it is. You're Sick Of It All. You tour Europe for a month, play say 25 shows, and make 4K USD a show for 100K - 10K booking agent = 90K grossed plus figure another 25K in merch sales (a grand a show) for 115K grossed. That's not alot after taxes and tour expenses but it's a nice amount for a glorified vacation. It certainly could augment money made in a trade the rest of the year.

anonymous 5/2/2018 10:37:27 AM

I meant to say that 115K gross is not alot (or enough) to live on for a year. It's just what will Sick Of It All do when they break up?

anonymous 5/2/2018 11:44:15 AM

anonymous 5/2/2018 11:46:01 AM

Jealous (you misspelled the word dumbass)? Nah, try we SOH that men in their forties and fifties are playing in hardcore bands full-time. Yeah we're "jealous" that men this age have to rely on kids and adult ones for their income, right LOL. Wow you sound jealous as hell

anonymous 5/2/2018 12:19:38 PM

Ghey

anonymous 5/2/2018 3:41:55 PM

Just a little strange why you care what other people do with their lives. More specifically, why you care about the financial situation of a hardcore band. Yet here you are caring that I care about what other people do with their lives which I don't. I merely asked why are 1980s NYHC bands (which Madball is one of) still around in 2018 - learn to read, numbnuts.

anonymous 5/2/2018 3:47:14 PM

anonymous 5/2/2018 3:48:04 PM

Wow you sound jealous as hell "Jealous as hell" of who, Sick Of It All? No. I'm glad I'm not them. They're all in their early fifties thus at the point where all the members have to do Sick Of It All until they retire which will be a spectacle to watch - they're already a spectacle. They're done in America ad have been for years. Time they called it a day.

anonymous 5/2/2018 3:55:00 PM

Sick Of It All needs to stop being a full-time band and get full-time jobs in the real world, and don't tell me they're too old to do that - they're not. If you can't see that guy in his early 50s (Lou Koller) singing songs he wrote when he was 23-25 (the self-titled 7" and first LP) in 2018 is weird then you are lost.

anonymous 5/2/2018 4:01:18 PM

I don't care what you care about. Fact is you are wrong and the questions you ask are none of your business. PERIOD >> If you don't care what I care about then why are you replying to me, dickhead? I am not wrong and those questions are my business cuz they're taking up space and taking away money from young/er bands who want to achieve what they achieve. Time for them to "Step Down" and let young/er bands take the lead.

anonymous 5/2/2018 4:13:15 PM

From what I've been told re: SOIA Lou is a stay at home dad, Pete works a music-related job, Armand a non-music related job, Craig doesn't do anything but SOIA, and all their wives work full-time.

anonymous 5/2/2018 4:21:32 PM

You gotta admit it's strange that Sick Of It All are still around as a full-time band in 2018. I mean they formed in 1986. Their twentieth anniversary was 2006. Had they called it a day then they would've had a dozen years from then to build post-SOIA careers - they never did that and that's stupid esp. when you have children to support.

anonymous 5/2/2018 4:26:24 PM

Sick Of It All were never great. Their whole deal is they turned hardcore into a full-time job, were able to live off just the band, and have been around forever - that's it. If they broke up next year sure they'd play a final three or four shows maybe even an entire week of shows in their hometown NYC but they wouldn't be sorely missed although NYHC would be officially dead.

anonymous 5/2/2018 4:30:02 PM

I can't fckin' believe SOIA is playing This Is Hardcore Fest next to last under E-Town Concrete a bunch of rap metal wigger herbs who have had NO part of the hardcore scene in almost two decades. ETC literally pop up once every two or three years to do a cash-in show in NJ then vanish. Not one of them even does a new band to any degree (studio project, live band etc.) SOIA has no self-dignity anymore.

anonymous 5/2/2018 4:48:11 PM

"I am not wrong and those questions are my business cuz they're taking up space and taking away money from young/er bands who want to achieve what they achieve" Typical millennial thinking. You want everything handed to you little bitch. Why don't you earn it? How about you fcking take it if you want it so bad. I'm not going to hand you anything or make room for anyone. IF you are good and want it then put in the work.

anonymous 5/2/2018 5:12:12 PM

Typical millennial thinking. You want everything handed to you little bitch. Why don't you earn it? How about you fcking take it if you want it so bad. I'm not going to hand you anything or make room for anyone. IF you are good and want it then put in the work.> What band are you in? This ought to be good. No one wants anything handed to them, certainly not me as I'm not in a band or a millenial, dickhead.

anonymous 5/2/2018 5:16:32 PM

Btw shithead, it's kinda hard to make it when you don't have a big indie label founded, owned, and run by two friends to hand you a record deal like Sick Of It All had.

anonymous 5/2/2018 5:21:41 PM

Two words: fck you. You don't know shit. I'm done here.

anonymous 5/2/2018 5:23:07 PM

Real talk: Sick Of It All started to suck with Built To Last then officially sucked when they put out Call To Arms. They should've hung it up after that album. They've been around for too fcking long and so irrelevant no one cares to take whatever imagined crown the millenial hater dude thinks they have.

anonymous 5/2/2018 5:25:53 PM

And everything you just said are excuses. Always a good reason for why you didn't make it huh? That's just self preservation kid. Networks don't fall in your lap. You earn it. And every post you make keeps saying the same thing that you expect it all to happen. Get real. I'm out.

anonymous 5/2/2018 5:27:23 PM

Nah fck you and yeah you are done here, dude pretending to be in a known established hardcore band who wants a young band to take its imaginary crown until he has to say what band. Go listen to Crown Of Thornz or some other horrible shit like that bitch.

anonymous 5/2/2018 5:37:21 PM

Nah you get real. SOIA knew the right people, were literally in the right place/scene at the right time, and took advantage of it. All I'm saying is they've been around twice as long as they should've been and should hang it up cuz it's embarrassing. You don't think so whatever.

anonymous 5/2/2018 8:51:23 PM

anonymous 5/3/2018 8:46:49 AM

LOL at all these babies crying and fighting in this thread. So tough

anonymous 5/3/2018 9:06:20 AM

WHERE DA POPCORN AT, YO.

anonymous 5/3/2018 12:14:19 PM

"I don't care what you care about. Fact is you are wrong and the questions you ask are none of your business. PERIOD" The world doesn't care about EITHER of you. Or your periods.

anonymous 5/3/2018 4:18:46 PM

I MISS THA OL NEW YAK

anonymous 5/8/2018 4:47:28 PM

This butthurt dude crying was in Born Against. SOIA got football jackets, you gonna do anything about it? >> Allusion to the Born Against-Sick Of It All WNYU "debate" hahaha. People go onto YouTube and Google it then prepare to laugh really, really hard at Born Against destroy Sick Of It All albeit awkwardly. SOIA's argument was so filmsy.

Tags: Madball