NewsApril 21, 2018 3:39 PM ET4,262 views

ex-Malevolent Creation vocalist battling colon cancer

Bret Hoffmann, founding vocalist of Malevolent Creation and current vocalist of Fire For Effect, was recently diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer and has been in the hospital for several weeks receiving treatment. A GoFundMe campaign has been started to offset his mounting medical bills. The following update from Hoffmann was shared:
"Hello, everyone! I am still in hospital attached to a double pick IV line they installed in me the other day, otherwise they have to move the little IV lines every 4 days, and between all the bags of med going in and the bloodwork everyday my hands were becoming green and blue bruise zones. The blood thinners help with that. I will fill in more of this messed up story when I get out. I have been in hospital for almost 2 weeks now, I've had a major surgery, many proceedures and tests. Have not eaten that entire time and have not even smelled the outside air in that time. I am, however, progressing forward. They do want me out so that I can go home and heal and rehab. That may take weeks, after that they have a treatment they are confident in for my cancer, I know I have a long road and life has changed. I will still finish new album and do music, I just have a bit more important task at hand for the near future. This, so far, has been the most trying, painful, torturous event that has ever happened to me. I am on the battle wagon and I'm rolling! My wife, Kim, has been a rock for me! I love her with all my heart! My very close friends have all been battling with me and I've needed that support. Listen, if you have not been to a doctor, especially in years, get to one ASAP! Don't think your too cool or shit won't happen to you, cuz I promise you will find yourself in a world of hurt! My shit was huge and they still got it in time to help me. I see older people here dealing with this and they are fucked, mass pain meds and life is a bed for now on in their lives. Get to a doctor please! I don't want to see my family, friends or fans go through anything like this ever. I will be back, I will post here and there, I will def let you guys know when they spring me from this hospital (my doctors kick ass). Thank you all for the love and I love you all back!"

F___A___G___G___O___T 4/21/2018 1:10:59 PM

Fans have been supporting Brett Hoffman. Some were visited him after a proceedure reached out to hug him, and he slipped off the hospital bed, landing awkwardly with massive force on his fully erect c-ck. He shattered his c-ck.

anonymous 4/21/2018 1:11:53 PM

This literally could just be "Guy has cancer and writes about it on Facebook." V1 shutdown on this

genghisjohn 4/21/2018 2:32:45 PM

That sucks. Get well sir. Thanks for The Ten Commandments

anonymous 4/22/2018 3:04:01 AM

anonymous 4/22/2018 5:21:24 AM

"We should probably buy insurance. Nah, if anything ever happens, we'll use GoFundMe and others will bail me out." "We should probably keep a guy in the van with all the gear for the night. Nah, if anything happens we'll use GoFundMe and others will bail us out." "We should probably write good songs for once and hopefully people will buy our shit or come see us. Nah, we'll just use GoFundMe or Kickstarter and the idiots will pay for it all up front so we assume no risk." ^Bands in 2018

anonymous 4/22/2018 5:48:17 AM

............ they breed

anonymous 4/22/2018 10:02:48 AM

anonymous6 hours ago Not singling this guy out, but what is it with people in 2018 where they feel the world owes them? GoFundMe and all the other sites where people decide they want a honeymoon, study abroad, bills needing to be paid, etc. People make poor life decisions, don't plan for eventualities, or are basically fck-ups - and we have to pay? You're not obligated to pay anything, dipshit. Don't have to do anything (not that you could).

anonymous 4/22/2018 10:05:17 AM

Stop trying to sound smart and different when thousands of ineffectual nothings have said the same exact thing countless times.

anonymous 4/23/2018 7:22:12 AM

"anonymous6 hours ago Not singling this guy out, but what is it with people in 2018 where they feel the world owes them? GoFundMe and all the other sites where people decide they want a honeymoon, study abroad, bills needing to be paid, etc. People make poor life decisions, don't plan for eventualities, or are basically fck-ups - and we have to pay?" the flip side of that is: if enough morons continue to pay (read: enable), then who can fault them for taking the handout route

anonymous 4/23/2018 8:58:25 AM

GET YOUR ASS TO MARS. GET YOUR ASS TO MARS. GET YOUR ASS TO MARS. GET YOUR ASS TO MARS.GET YOUR ASS TO MARS. GET YOUR ASS TO MARS. GET YOUR ASS TO MARS. GET YOUR ASS TO MARS.GET YOUR ASS TO MARS. GET YOUR ASS TO MARS. GET YOUR ASS TO MARS. GET YOUR ASS TO MARS.GET YOUR ASS TO MARS. GET YOUR ASS TO MARS. GET YOUR ASS TO MARS. GET YOUR ASS TO MARS.