ex-Revocation drummer accepts $30,000 settlement over arrest

Friday, December 29, 2017 9:01 AM PT / 9,795 views

Former Revocation drummer Phil Dubois-Coyne has accepted a $30,000 settlement to end his lawsuit over a 2014 arrest in Oklahoma, according to NewsOK. Dubois-Coyne suffered a broken arm while being arrested at a concert after-party in Oklahoma City in August 2014. Police stated that Dubois-Coyne was drunk and chanting anti-police slogans such as "f*ck the police." NewsOK says that one officer said, "I felt this was beginning to incite actions against us and we were easily outnumbered by the crowd." Dubois-Coyne was ultimately charged with "public drunkenness, disorderly conduct and resisting a police officer" and spent 12 hours in jail after his fractured arm was treated in a hospital. He pleaded no contest to the public drunkenness charge and paid a fine of $178. The other charges were later dismissed. In 2016, Dubois-Coyne filed a false arrest and excessive force lawsuit against Oklahoma City and three police officers. A jury trial had been set to commence next month, however, in November the Oklahoma City Council agreed to settle the case for $30,000. The settlement was approved by a federal judge earlier this month. Dubois-Coyne, now 32, left Revocation in 2015 but still plays drums and is a drum tech for Cannibal Corpse. "He's pretty famous with heavy metal rock bands," said his attorney, Holly Hefton. "He's still playing. He had a little bit of deformity to his arm after all this. He has the option of surgery but his doctors have told him that by correcting it he could end up with nerve damage. He's relearning how to play with his situation now."

anonymous 12/29/2017 9:13:57 AM

sounds like a douche bag

anonymous 12/29/2017 9:20:13 AM

ex-Revocation drummer accepts sheetrock in settlement over arrest

anonymous 12/29/2017 9:42:12 AM

Douchebag comment - beat me to it.

anonymous 12/29/2017 10:10:28 AM

fck the cops indeed

anonymous 12/29/2017 10:13:32 AM

fck all f@ggot cops.

anonymous 12/29/2017 10:23:21 AM

Your fingers hurt? Well now your backs gonna hurt, because you just picked up Sheetrock duty.

anonymous 12/29/2017 11:42:24 AM

All cops are scared of black people. They became cops so they could shoot black people all day. fck all cops.

anonymous 12/29/2017 11:50:40 AM

The ones saying f cops are the first pussies to call the cops

anonymous 12/29/2017 11:58:22 AM

^ and the dickless c*nt cop comments.

anonymous 12/29/2017 12:06:20 PM

32 year old grown man acting like a 15 year old. Should of broke both his arms

anonymous 12/29/2017 12:34:27 PM

Should've listened to the cops. Shit sucking atty speak.

anonymous 12/29/2017 1:17:49 PM

Lyme disease is nothing. How about you carry Sheetrock every day for 10 years and see what kind of chronic back pain you have. Is your Lyme disease bullshit gonna cause you to start getting legit oxys from the dr? You gonna fruitlessly visit chiropractors for years? Your Lyme disease ain't nothing compared to what real men deal with every day

anonymous 12/29/2017 2:19:16 PM

now get back to lifting sheetrock loser.

anonymous 12/29/2017 2:21:35 PM

Fückin lawyers. There's nothing wrong with arm. Toilet

anonymous 12/29/2017 2:22:31 PM

Can't lift Sheetrock with deformed alligator arm

anonymous 12/29/2017 2:36:15 PM

Broke his precious fcking arm messing around with cops drunk. To be expected. Why don't u fcking work out or lift your own kit once in a while. Eating fcking Frosted Flakes for breakfast and jerking it to cartoons in the back of the cannibal corpse ain't gonna give you enough arm mass to take on a first responder, bitch. Has the fcking nerve to sue 2 years later. Like he sat around fcking stewing about this shit instead of doing curls or at least taking some T to correct his problem

anonymous 12/29/2017 2:37:48 PM

Exactly 0 people care about this guy. I hope the cops break his other arm someday

anonymous 12/29/2017 2:41:34 PM

$30,000 settlement. $80,000 in 3 years of attorney fees

anonymous 12/29/2017 5:23:42 PM

build the wall

anonymous 12/29/2017 6:25:52 PM

Maybe don't be a drunk jerk next time after some shit show and at the after party where you probably would of been arrested for some shit with an underaged girl. Be happy the cops came and arrested you. Respect the police. All comments above mine are garbage.

anonymous 12/29/2017 7:05:20 PM

The police are all garbage. All posts above mine are by mentally challenged people

anonymous 12/29/2017 7:07:46 PM

Revocation of your mother's ass

anonymous 12/29/2017 7:09:19 PM

30 grand aint-nuthin but a thaang to a G, hunnid grand on my wrist, rap game ban-shee! its ronzilla ya u know what it do, my death a nation wide tragedy, all ova tha newz! front page lambgoat, comments all proclaim me tha G.O.A.T, in my death my rap's immortal now on my balls yall bitchez chortle!! thas right Ron's said it befoe, im tha undead king of NY hardcore!

anonymous 12/29/2017 7:20:48 PM

its yung ron G- u all heard of me, rockin stagez like im bono well now not lately..i been lurkin in tha shadowz tha truth would stun tha world! they aint ready for tha knowledge of tha undead nethaworld..it a place full a death and voodoo, haitian womens wit they t-ts out! practicin blood magick in pits of shit wit a pigz snout! they use it in tha ritual cut up pigz are spiritual- tools to conjure tha voodoo devil i dont pretend to know on a technical level! bitch u aint even on Ron level!

anonymous 12/29/2017 7:25:27 PM

ya that blood magick involve the use of a chicken! u should know bout that since ya are one! BAWK BAWK ya u my punk BITCH! i keep ya in a box till i give ya my dead 10 inch!! u slurpin up tha goom- black and bubbly like tar! my zombie c-m is sometin else u learn to love it u order from my milk bar!! keep ya in HEAVY CHAINZZ ya shout out to my hardcore boyz! we keepin it underground like tha wormz that ate "MY BOYS!" ya i talkin bout my testes, my young man ballz dont test me! *hook*

anonymous 12/29/2017 7:30:09 PM

HOOK: young ron muggin ya mean, tha dingus is lime-green, u dont believe what u seen abused by tha king of zombies.. young ron muggin ya meaan, dingus is lime-green..dont believe what u seen kept in chainz slav-aryyy...

anonymous 12/29/2017 10:45:35 PM

Okc? Wonder if he related to Wayne coyne

anonymous 12/30/2017 12:02:45 PM

dont be hatin, be revocatin!

anonymous 12/30/2017 1:19:48 PM

^ ya think ya rhymes tight i got newz for ya sucka- u only still breathin cuz i just heard of ya sucka! i take ya momz to tha crib call me ur mutha fcka! my raps as smooth as butta i f*k ya doggy style no rubba! ya its young Ron G, the undead GOAT zombie - legally de-ceased but back to wreck lyricall-y! known in life fo my bars known in death fo my tar- like substance my c-m has becum its goin in ya bum!! thas right zombie goom isa mix of black goo bubblin, stinkin and smotherin -

anonymous 12/30/2017 5:29:59 PM

I'D FUNK THIS GUY IN PRISON

anonymous 12/30/2017 6:41:19 PM

"Easily outnumbered by the crowd" it was like 5 people standing there, a 50 year old lady, one dude laying on the ground with a broken leg, and others just standing there seein if he was alright. He was shouting "fck police brutality" (ironically) but so what. The cop wanted to send him a message, 30k seems light

anonymous 12/30/2017 10:46:23 PM

Damn you guys ruined the Sheetrock meme real fckin quick

anonymous 12/31/2017 3:32:17 PM