NewsDecember 14, 2017 2:20 PM ET33,968 views

Misfits ban cellphone use at reunion shows

Misfits ban cellphones from reunion show Glenn Danzig and "the original" Misfits have now instituted a policy intended to completely prevent cellphone use at their forthcoming Las Vegas and Los Angeles reunion shows, scheduled to take place late this month. Attendees will be required to secure their phones and smart watches in Yondr cases prior to the show. Devices will be unlocked upon conclusion of the show. You can see how the cases work via the video below.

anonymous 12/14/2017 11:39:01 AM

I am torn about these becoming more prevalent. On one hand, I am tired of going to shows and having to watch it through someone's phone. At the same time, if I want to use my phone I shouldn't have to jump through hoops. Especially for those who have kids or situations back home in which they need quick access to their phone if needed. I think the better option is anyone holding up their phone for more than a couple of seconds is then forced to lock up their device or leave.

anonymous 12/14/2017 11:44:48 AM

Danzig is trying to prevent anyone from getting footage of his man boobs, bald spot, and hanging guy.

anonymous 12/14/2017 11:53:48 AM

This "band" fcking SUCKS. SHEET THE ROCK

anonymous 12/14/2017 12:01:09 PM

wow really? just wow.

anonymous 12/14/2017 12:04:21 PM

THIS IS GLENN DANZIG HERE YOU fckS. I JUST DON't WANT DA INTERNET TO KNOW IVE GOT BIG OL MAN breasts NOW! fck OFF! I CAN SAFELY MOVE A SLAB OF SHEET ROCK UNDER MY OLD BOOBS, NO fckIN' HANDS YOU DICKNARDS!

anonymous 12/14/2017 12:06:31 PM

Glemn Danzig has never once laid sheetrock.

anonymous 12/14/2017 12:08:45 PM

They don't want people to see how bad they are going to sound it's gonna suck nostalgia gays suck it

anonymous 12/14/2017 12:21:07 PM

the first person to smash or break the unlocking device could really affect a lot of peoples lives. especially if they were planning a mass shooting

anonymous 12/14/2017 12:29:45 PM

I still don't understand why these famous fcks give a shit if people have their phones. You've already been paid, your stage is set up, play the fcking show and go. Who gives a shit if someone sends a text or takes a photo, they paid the ridiculous ticket cost and might have driven a long distance to see you. God forbid they want to check in to the venue on facebook or some shit.

anonymous 12/14/2017 12:37:06 PM

I'm down with this. I'm old and haven't been to a show in ages- I went to see Mayhem last month and was appalled by all the fcking phones. People were more interested in taking pictures than enjoying the show. And this is even after the band played a recorded 'don't use phones' message before they took the stage.

anonymous 12/14/2017 1:08:08 PM

That's cool, I'm fine with that. As long as I can still vape, brah.

ineedmoresalt 12/14/2017 1:24:17 PM

It's a phone not a heart, I'll live without it to not see shitty ariel selfies from fat chicks happen right in front of me

anonymous 12/14/2017 1:27:38 PM

I wish that North Side Kings neanderthal had finished Glenn off.

anonymous 12/14/2017 2:10:18 PM

Lyme disease is nothing. How about you carry Sheetrock every day for 10 years and see what kind of chronic back pain you have. Is your Lyme disease bullshit gonna cause you to start getting legit oxys from the dr? You gonna fruitlessly visit chiropractors for years? Your Lyme disease ain't nothing compared to what real men deal with every day

fourthgradecocktease 12/14/2017 2:19:53 PM

This is actually kinda cool. So many people that just film the whole show now for no reason, so fcking stupid. Definitely an ignorant, grumpy old man perspective though.

anonymous 12/14/2017 2:49:29 PM

I'd rather people taking a few videos than those gays with camera setups in the middle of the crowd

anonymous 12/14/2017 3:18:30 PM

man, i'm so glad nobody gets assaulted or robbed at these massive venues! nope, no reason at all anyone should have a cell phone on them at a large gathering of probably drunk people!

anonymous 12/14/2017 3:28:18 PM

That's fine, I'll just use my Sony cam

anonymous 12/14/2017 3:39:23 PM

This is stupid and awesome at the same time. But how are 20,000 people supposed to get their phones locked into and out of those things in a timely manner?

anonymous 12/14/2017 3:43:50 PM

hmmm, but is there a yondr for my sheetrock?

carveyournamein 12/14/2017 4:28:57 PM

Who?

anonymous 12/14/2017 4:34:18 PM

Won't work on my AARP Jitterbug phone.

anonymous 12/14/2017 5:48:57 PM

Not about to wait in line to lock/I lock my phone. Phone is going right up the ass and will smuggle it in.

anonymous 12/14/2017 6:00:35 PM

Here's my plan: Sneak in phone, take video of Glenn having me kicked out, sell video to Lambgoat

anonymous 12/14/2017 6:28:36 PM

I don't think that big guy from Eastside north side kingz is gonna like that when he has his pals capture danzig getting KO'D again. Look it up...and then lift sheetrock over your head for 10 hours a day for 6 days a week 298 days a year. TOUGH GUY.

anonymous 12/14/2017 6:55:35 PM

Data usage isn't stoked.

anonymous 12/14/2017 8:08:47 PM

step to tha mic if ya haven't paid ya dues Danzig been rockin since '82! Hatin on the man for wantin privacy - Ron tears up ya favorite cavity! He back from tha grave u my new sex slave- ronzilla rose up on Easter Sunday! Move ova Christ I'm the savior of hip hop- ya catch a fade from young Ron not tha kind from tha barba shop! I know ya ass out like Danzig in that video! He got sucka punched u and I make a video!

anonymous 12/14/2017 8:14:35 PM

We makin a snuff film - celebrity sex tape! I'm tha celeb and ur all tied down wit duck tape! Ron call it DICK tape i tape ur dick smushed down ya balls! Rip it off when da creditz roll Ronny 6 foot tall! Ya pubes they rip off ya scream I shuv undead c-ck in ya mouth! Ya I came up out tha tomb ur cavity always got room- ya ass the no tell motel my dick an A bomb KA boom! Undead gangsta livin life in tha fast lane - tha zombie horny my slave give me brain!

anonymous 12/14/2017 10:10:40 PM

Normal citizens don't know what it iz- the lifestylez of tha rich an fame-izz.. Ronny dodging paparazzi when I get off tha stage - on my way back to the lambo I sign autographz for tha kidz. So hate all u want on tha OG- Danzig! got a feelin he enchanted by tha same voodoo Wizzid! Came bakk from tha dead if u didn't know dis - I was floatin face down till approached by a witch! Voodoo magick spell goin down up my grave - she says now go and collect a stable a sex slaves!!

anonymous 12/14/2017 10:21:53 PM

It's like even the dude in the video knows it's a stupid idea.

anonymous 12/14/2017 10:34:42 PM

That tha deal, summon papa legba wit cocaine -But Ronny got tha evil urges all up in his dry veins! Tha unquenchable thirst to abuse ma slaves and get brain! Ronny creepin thru the city I'm ur new ball n chain! Im married to tha game but u is my side piece - young ronzilla stay strapped wit a sawed off an my side piece! Tha glock big but not as big as the c-ck - lime green, rotting cuz no oxygen flowing-

anonymous 12/14/2017 10:37:59 PM

but I'm flowing on these beats see every ngga a-gree ronzilla is the GOAT on the mic - whether dead, o alive! Some old ass nggaz jus don't get it they like parents- but they alwayz stand corrected when the boy start spittin gold then its apparent - see I was pronounced dead but I came back to life - ronzilla catch ya up to speed since ur my new wife! U wake up in heavy chains in the basement, hard wood floor- tha zombie keep u prisona tha undead king of hardcore!

anonymous 12/14/2017 10:40:50 PM

Nothing screams punk rock like systematic and mandated regulation of the audiences activity

anonymous 12/14/2017 10:41:23 PM

this is literally because danzig knows hes getting punched out again

anonymous 12/14/2017 10:52:09 PM

Ron tha king of New York - once u go living dead u loving more - u scream for my ice cream, that undead goom! Take pics of u suckin email them to ur motha! My face fallin apart my eyes fallin out tha sockets - lookin like a leper but I still got them fat pockets! Ya my wallet neva light my bank roll always right! Snap 6 pics fo yo mama find her email in ya phone - she scream in horror at tha sight my undead Johnson in her eyes! Her son smilin wide my zombie dingus inside!

anonymous 12/14/2017 10:55:32 PM

didn't say no Go pros...

genghisjohn 12/15/2017 12:49:36 AM

I got something to say I'm taking your phones away

anonymous 12/15/2017 3:07:06 AM

The line to leave the show is going to take longer than getting into the show, at the same time as security trying to force everyone to leave after the set.

anonymous 12/15/2017 3:24:02 AM

Danzig still uses a flip phone.

anonymous 12/15/2017 3:46:08 AM

It's what you fcking deserve if you actually care about seeing Misfits now.

anonymous 12/15/2017 4:02:05 AM

Phone-free show? How about a Fan-free show. Danzig is the biggest fäggot in human history.

anonymous 12/15/2017 4:31:18 AM

remove 100 percent of the bands on this, as well as the people it will attract and you actually have a pretty good time on your hands.

tomdelay 12/15/2017 4:43:03 AM

I just dont understand why they would do this. I paid my money to see their show and now they are gonna take my phone as part of the price of entry? Seriously, why not make the phone the price of the ticket, that would at least be kind of fair.

anonymous 12/15/2017 4:46:26 AM

I'm all for this. There was a time when people couldn't reach you every second of the day and life moved along without any issues. If you're worried about your children then bring them you dolt

anonymous 12/15/2017 6:34:09 AM

Morrissey bans meat, The Misfits ban cell phones. It's no wonder both are jokes. I want a steak and to be able to photograph it for Instagram when I see a band.

anonymous 12/15/2017 7:45:23 AM

Good for them. No one wants to stare at your goddamn phone during the show. I wish all shows used these.

easyhateoven 12/15/2017 8:27:48 AM

genghisjohn I got something to say I'm taking your phones away looooool

anonymous 12/15/2017 9:27:59 AM

NORTHSIDE KINGS!!! NORTHSIDE KINGS!!! NORTHSIDE KINGS!!!

anonymous 12/15/2017 3:01:44 PM

fck Glenn Danzig.

anonymous 12/15/2017 4:22:49 PM

Bring 2 phones

anonymous 12/15/2017 7:31:34 PM

I would leave at the end of the night with the case on and destroy it at home.

anonymous 12/15/2017 9:13:26 PM

hey stripped me naked had me lift my ballsack up so they could check underneath it, and then had me bend over and spread my asscheeks apart so they could look inside my jerk.

menstrualmath 12/16/2017 2:56:13 AM

Cant wait for more clips of danzig choking teenagers

anonymous 12/16/2017 3:55:21 AM

I love this idea.

anonymous 12/16/2017 4:24:09 AM

I want your phoooone, I need your phoooone

anonymous 12/16/2017 10:25:39 AM

Just bring a small set of bolt cutters with you, problem solved.

anonymous 12/16/2017 6:13:41 PM

What a bunch of pussies. Glenn can't even lift Sheetrock off of a cart at Home Depot.

anonymous 12/17/2017 12:13:51 AM

I just watched the video of Danzig getting knocked out backstage. I feel better now.

Rick____tocchet 12/17/2017 6:21:15 AM

Remember you people that thinkg that they are trying to regulate your activity and take away your rights... You are PAYING to enter a privately owned venue. They can say and tell you to do whatever they want. If you dont like that shit, well you can gtfo. I think this is a great idea and should be at every show. These fcking jerks that keep their phone up in front of everyone behind them need a fcking reality check.

anonymous 12/17/2017 5:40:35 PM

Screw all you bitches that can't go to a show without your cellphones, fcking whiny pussies