Periphery bassist quits band

Thursday, August 3, 2017 9:15 AM PT / 6,827 views

Periphery bass player Adam "Nolly" Getgood has officially exited the band. Getgood has issued the following statement:
"A few weeks ago I came to the decision I didn't want to continue as a member of Periphery. The Periphery guys are some of my best friends, I have nothing but high hopes for the future of the band, and I'll always be a huge fan of the music, however after a year of not touring I became aware that I'm just not invested in the day-to-day decision-making and problem solving that constitutes so much of the reality of running a joint enterprise like Periphery. It's simply not on my mind, and that's not fair to the rest of the band, the band's team, and everyone involved in making Periphery a success – and that includes you all too. "The guys in Periphery are all incredible people and musicians, in their different and complementary ways. I know they'll go on to achieve things I can't even imagine, and I'll be so happy to watch that happen. "For my own part, I'll continue to enjoy the more settled life at home with my wife, focusing on my production work and on GetGood Drums. "I've got nothing but incredible gratitude for everything we experienced together and pride for what we accomplished, it has been an honour to play a role in something that has grown from humble origins to a genuinely genre-defining, internationally successful band. Thank you all for having me along for the ride. Really."

anonymous 8/3/2017 9:49:04 AM

" the day-to-day decision-making and problem solving that constitutes so much of the reality of running a joint enterprise like Periphery."

anonymous 8/3/2017 10:00:37 AM

TL;DR: most talented member of periphery leaves band.

anonymous 8/3/2017 10:45:17 AM

Oh man, their 12 fans are going to be pretty bummed.

anonymous 8/3/2017 10:48:16 AM

^^^^^^^^^ Screw you! I love this band, they have way more than 12 fans!! I know at least 50 so how about that? Nolly is the man and these guys practice hard to create those genre-defying riffs. Go listen to Code Orange you loser.

anonymous 8/3/2017 10:57:53 AM

zumiez is pleased to announce its newest summer employee

anonymous 8/3/2017 11:33:52 AM

I will go listen to Code Orange. How bout you take your tampon out and change it because I can smell your PMS over the internet. Djent is for pussies. grind this dick gayg

anonymous 8/3/2017 12:19:09 PM

Wanky music for wankers

anonymous 8/3/2017 12:48:25 PM

My wife

anonymous 8/3/2017 1:02:52 PM

Guy kozowyck is a cop

anonymous 8/3/2017 3:09:11 PM

BASTARD FACT0RY Forums is the New Lambgoat Somebody mentioned www.BASTARDFACT0RY.com in here last week... they were all arguing about the place ... Well I joined it, it's an 'Anything' goes messageboard!! Mayhem & mass chaos reigns... its like going to a Yankee's game and calling a disabled four-year-old boy 'retarded', which leaves him in floods of tears. www.BASTARDFACT0RY.com

anonymous 8/3/2017 3:11:50 PM

Nice deep V there chach

anonymous 8/3/2017 3:21:30 PM

Hey everybody just here to advertise my new website JERKFACTORY.COM. This site is 10 times better than bastardfactory and it gave my grandpa mesothelioma, and it made my dog really sick. please visit it. There's no rules and everybody calls you a dike. Please share on your Google+, Myspace, and let all your AIM friends know to join! JERKFACTORY.COM: IT'LL RUIN YOUR BODY

anonymous 8/3/2017 3:30:37 PM

May b they will hire that f aggor billy-o I toured with him twice and he's the biggest dick rider homie smoke out fest

anonymous 8/3/2017 3:35:15 PM

Hi there I saw ur post about leaving.. it is me friend. Would u consider new career path?? Our sect is expanding..all u need is turbin kinda like old tall hairy retard in band. We will grow out ur whiskers friend bc u look cuck, hehehe. Also 'Adam Getgood' will not work. AT ALL. step ove here friend----->ur new name is ADNAN RAHMANN AL GETDUNG welcome to ur new family my brother. ~~Ramesh Abu Bakr~~

anonymous 8/3/2017 3:50:18 PM

^ Go away racist loser, you're not clever or funny

anonymous 8/3/2017 4:02:27 PM

im fardin!

anonymous 8/3/2017 7:09:15 PM

I thought it was pretty funny..

anonymous 8/3/2017 7:50:31 PM

I thought he already stopped being a touring member a while ago? Wasn't it clear then that this would happen?!

anonymous 8/3/2017 9:29:31 PM

All your day-to-day decision making will now be handled by the ProTools backing track that has been doing your touring for the last 18 months.

anonymous 8/4/2017 12:24:00 AM

When you jumped through my ceiling you let an owl in. I know they're supposed to be wise. It all it did was shriek and poop out half-digested mice.

anonymous 8/4/2017 10:03:47 AM

Well, when he joined they said he had to improve. But after all this time he wasn't able to Getgood enough.

anonymous 8/6/2017 7:45:57 AM

^ I know you're grasping for a pun, but dude's playing and tone were literally the only reasons to ever listen to a Periphery song

anonymous 8/7/2017 11:55:44 AM