Warbeast vocalist hospitalized with esophageal tumor

Wed, May 24, 2017 5:48 AM PT7,636 views

Bruce Corbitt, vocalist of Texas metal bands Warbeast (Housecore Records) and Rigor Mortis, has been hospitalized for roughly a week, dealing with issues stemming from what's since been diagnosed as an esophageal tumor. Thus far, Corbitt has yet to learn if the tumor is malignant, however, developments have not been encouraging in that regard. Corbitt shared this grim update yesterday:
"Worst news possible. I have an esophageal tumor. In most cases, esophageal cancer is a treatable disease, but it is rarely curable. The overall 5-year survival rate in patients amenable to definitive treatment ranges from 5% to 30%. The occasional patient with very early disease has a better chance of survival. They're about to test if already cancerous. I'm going to be here for a long time. Devastated! I'm doomed and my time is short. Love y'all!"
Within the past hour, Corbitt posted this:
"There's a chance it has actually spread. The lymph node next to the tumor has increased in size, so a chance it's spread there. Also my blood count went down from 11.8 to 10.5 in 3 hours last night. So that's bad. They're about to do next blood test to see how much it's dropped over night. Also waiting on the all important biopsy results today. Will keep fighting and update y'all as I find out. Once again I love all of you like family!"
UPDATE: Corbitt has now revealed that biopsy results confirm that the tumor is cancerous, likely Stage III, though possibly Stage II.

anonymous 5/24/2017 5:58:49 AM

Peace brother. We pray for you to stay strong and God bless

anonymous 5/24/2017 6:30:36 AM

"Devastated! I'm doomed and my time is short. Love y'all!" Jesus.

anonymous 5/24/2017 6:38:12 AM

I wish you the best brother never stop fighting

anonymous 5/24/2017 6:49:37 AM

esophageal tumor is the name of my new band

Rick____tocchet 5/24/2017 6:50:39 AM

anonymous 5/24/2017 7:04:21 AM

"You will die in the general hospital. Get your ass to an all natural hospital. Plus weed kills that shit anyways, you just have to eat it." Didn't realize Michael Avocado reads Lambgoat

anonymous 5/24/2017 8:07:25 AM

"I'm going to be here for a long time. Devastated! I'm doomed and my time is short." Dude must already be on the hospice meds, totally self-contradictory. Stream of consciousness essay here as he comes to grips with his fate.

anonymous 5/24/2017 8:24:39 AM

^ shut up dumbass, he meant that he's going to be in the hospital a long time

anonymous 5/24/2017 8:57:29 AM

Then you really might know what it's like Then you really might know what it's like Then you really might know what it's like to have to lose

anonymous 5/24/2017 9:35:53 AM

Damn Im sorry

anonymous 5/24/2017 9:52:15 AM

Terrible. Bruce is a great dude and an irreplaceable part of the DFW scene.

anonymous 5/24/2017 9:58:50 AM

Curious if the extreme vocals had an effect on this. Or maybe the smoking?

anonymous 5/24/2017 10:01:55 AM

blessings to this man. positive vibes man - pull through and live to be 98 please

anonymous 5/24/2017 10:30:24 AM

good dude but how many posts are there going to be of guys succumbing to drug-related, smoking-related, drinking-related illnesses? young grasshoppers listen up: it doesn't take a fcking genius to realize this shit will get you in the long run. make your time.

anonymous 5/24/2017 11:03:12 AM

this far down in a story involving an esophagus and STILL no sucking jokes.....i'm disappointed LG

anonymous 5/24/2017 12:30:35 PM

This is terrible, considering if 1000 people read this most likely 700 of them will have to deal with this process in the future. GL to him and us

menstrualmath 5/24/2017 12:48:56 PM

Get a second esophagus

anonymous 5/24/2017 3:25:48 PM

MARZI MONTAZERI IS HAPPY AND STOKED

anonymous 5/24/2017 5:21:09 PM

if u didn't smoke for 35 years u would be in much better shape i haven't seen 1 single old metal punk guy say he's happy to die young

anonymous 5/25/2017 9:51:26 AM

WELCOME TO YOUR FUNERAL BUT FIRTST, GIVE HEAD TO THE TURD AS IT SLIDES OUT MY ASS!