NewsDecember 19, 2016 1:46 PM ET17,780 views

Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster singer in bad shape

Dallas Taylor still improving from ATV crash You may recall that in early August, Maylene and the Sons of Disaster (and ex-Underoath) vocalist Dallas Taylor was seriously injured in an ATV accident in Florida. For the first time since, Taylor has now issued an update regarding his condition. You can read that below, and you can also help Taylor financially here.
"Thank you so much to everyone that has supported me through this time. It means more than you know. I will try to give a breakdown of what happened to me. On August 2nd I had a four wheeler accident. I broke every bone in my face. Cracked my skull. Have a brain injury and bleeding on my brain. My face came apart from my skull in two places. Have a fully blocked carotid artery. Broke my arm really bad have plates now. Ripped my left ear down to the canal. The other ear has blood behind it so I can't hear well. Have blood on my lungs and lung atrophy from the ventilator and tracheotomy which causes my oxygen to be always low. Broke my upper and lower jaw had to have it wired shut. Had a trauma stroke so I can't feel the right side of my face from that my teeth don't come together because of the weak muscle. Can't track left or right in my right eye and I can't produce tears in my eyes. I can't feel my eye either so I don't know when to blink and from no tears my vision is extremely blurry. Lost vision in my left eye for good. "In a nutshell that's what happened, haha. But I'm alive they didn't know if I was gonna make it even Dr's or still be in the hospital at best. I'm so thankful to be alive. Thank you again to everyone who has supported me mentally, spiritually, and financially I can never thank you all for your love and generosity. Sorry for not responding to all the messages and texts due to my eye but they have blessed me greatly. I hope you all have the best Christmas, and know that God has made you all wonderful and beautiful. I love you all so much. God bless you!"

anonymous 12/19/2016 11:06:29 AM

Basket of Walnuts photobombing glad to see this man recovering.

anonymous 12/19/2016 11:28:28 AM

wishing nothing but good things for this man, that is some serious injury

anonymous 12/19/2016 11:30:42 AM

Sucks. Maylene was so rad live. Hope he does okay in the future.

anonymous 12/19/2016 12:06:38 PM

Jesus. I can't even picture the accident that would cause this?

anonymous 12/19/2016 12:09:23 PM

Heartbreaking. One of the nicest dudes and an inspiration for many of us growing up.

anonymous 12/19/2016 1:12:16 PM

"I can't even picture the accident that would cause this?" I'd put money on it being a rollover. Some of his head injuries could've been prevented by wearing a helmet. Hope he continues to improve and this be a lesson for people that don't think they need to wear protective gear when doing activities like 4wheeling.

anonymous 12/19/2016 1:48:08 PM

Really glad he pulled through. I didn't realize how serious it really was until now.

anonymous 12/19/2016 2:59:17 PM

I'm with the gentleman who commented above. I had no idea this was so severe. Stay strong, Dallas.

anonymous 12/19/2016 3:44:25 PM

solid snake?

anonymous 12/19/2016 4:02:11 PM

^fcking lol

anonymous 12/19/2016 4:21:01 PM

Snake Plissken

anonymous 12/19/2016 5:00:45 PM

anonymous 12/19/2016 5:49:46 PM

YARRRRRRRRRRR

anonymous 12/19/2016 6:31:55 PM

Welfare society. I chose to do as he wanted, had an accident, now deal with it. Cut and dry. ^^ but your not the leader of a world famous band who has changed lives fruit. Cut and toilet.

anonymous 12/19/2016 6:35:40 PM

Why do these idiots always look at it as "god has blessed me for keeping me alive" instead of (by what they believe) "God chose to horribly injure, disfigure, attempt to kill and ruin me via His Guidance (and the unsung medical geniuses actually saved your ass)

anonymous 12/19/2016 7:57:27 PM

Probably time to convert to Islam. Your God obviously doesn't give a shit about you.

anonymous 12/19/2016 8:09:22 PM

Had a friend sustains Identical injuries a few years ago. He was riding an arc drunk at night and fell.into a canal that was about a 30 foot drop. Crushed his face in. Lost one eye and they basically had to rebuild his face .

anonymous 12/19/2016 8:16:12 PM

This guy is a straight fcking liar. He's just broke as fck trying to get money from people. Go fck yourself and fck your shitty ass band

anonymous 12/19/2016 10:35:21 PM

Good God. Just horrific. I hope dude can have a decent quality of life again someday.

anonymous 12/19/2016 11:00:16 PM

Oh man, that's terrible. That is one strong dude right there! Really hope he makes a solid recovery!!

anonymous 12/20/2016 2:32:30 AM

I loved that shirt w the heart and straightedge x's hidden in the computer components.what was the quote on the back? Really glad to see no scarring or discoloration on sleeve too. Best wishes

anonymous 12/20/2016 6:52:07 AM

he is in bad shape, look at those little arms!

anonymous 12/20/2016 7:45:10 AM

^yea ATV accident or not you need to hit the f*kken gym brow. Jk, wish all the best for Dallas man that is a terrible situation

anonymous 12/20/2016 8:23:50 AM

Poor guy, that sucks. At least he is alive. I saw him in Underoath years ago. He had tons of energy. Good front man.

anonymous 12/20/2016 8:45:59 AM

According to my born-again, brainwashed father he probably didn't have enough of "God's Armor"...

anonymous 12/20/2016 10:25:24 AM

Did that shitstain Celine say anything outrageous in a desperate attempt for attention?

anonymous 12/20/2016 12:00:00 PM

It ain't easy to kill rednecks.

anonymous 12/20/2016 1:24:16 PM

Caution dangerous curves ahead! In all seriousness, glad the dude is healing.

anonymous 12/20/2016 4:48:55 PM

I'm sad af

SN00PY 12/20/2016 6:39:16 PM

Don't go four wheeling you hick

anonymous 12/20/2016 11:40:29 PM

^^ don't go commenting retardo shit butt munch

anonymous 12/21/2016 1:32:00 PM

literally who?

anonymous 12/21/2016 10:30:27 PM

god hates everyone, EQUALLY

anonymous 12/27/2016 2:47:08 AM

You are a SICK fckER!! God hates everyone!! Who do you call God? SMH!!

anonymous 12/27/2016 11:35:07 AM

Another victim of the game.