King 810 not allowed to bring guns into venue, cancel show

Saturday, December 17, 2016 1:44 PM PT / 16,879 views

King 810 has opted not to perform their scheduled show tonight at Saint Andrews Hall in Detroit, MI after venue security wouldn't let its members bring firearms onto venue property. The band has issued this statement:
"We're canceling tonight's show at Saint Andrew's Hall here in Detroit. Upon arrival, every case we were carrying was wanded and searched. All of us were searched and re-searched every time we entered the venue, which we were fine with. "During this process they let us know that they don't do this to other groups and that essentially they were singling us out. After informing them that a few people in the group are licensed to carry for security measures we were still not allowed to come onto their property with protection. Michigan is an open carry state. We've made this stand completely clear. "We had every intention on playing and were looking forward to the show, as the biggest one of our careers to date. This is not an easy decision to make, but we have to answer to ourselves first and foremost. "This is not about shows or weapons. This is about our inherent rights. They will surely try to sweep this under the rug and spun as "unforeseen circumstances." But we tell the truth to the people. These people tried to tell us police officers can't even carry guns into their establishment. "If this is where this country is headed. God damn."

anonymous 12/17/2016 1:49:15 PM

fck this venue for making sure known and documented aggressors didn't bring live fire arms into venue of kids. man fck this country.

Rick____tocchet 12/17/2016 1:52:57 PM

It's a privately owned venue, douche. They can do what they want.

anonymous 12/17/2016 2:01:41 PM

They can do what they want, too

anonymous 12/17/2016 2:01:45 PM

So rather than NOT bring guns and play a show for your fans that bought tickets to see you, you just cancel? What a bunch of queers.

anonymous 12/17/2016 2:01:56 PM

hehe woah dude mah freedoms

anonymous 12/17/2016 2:02:00 PM

Way to not understand the constitution and basic laws, you fckwads. It's private property. They very well have every right to prohibit firearms in their establishment. I've worked at a venue with a similar policy, and we'd let cops with weapons when on duty, only. We'd tell off duties cops they had to put their pieces in the car. It's morons like this who perpetuate the "guvment c-min ta take are gunnz" bullshit. fcking dummies.

anonymous 12/17/2016 2:03:56 PM

Open carry doesn't mean shit if the owners don't want guns in their venue...that's THEIR right.

username666 12/17/2016 2:04:18 PM

Garbage music for garbage people. You can't attend a King810 show unless you prove to their merch guy you live in a trailer park.

anonymous 12/17/2016 2:05:22 PM

Band has two records on a major label, done all kinds of big festivals, opened for Slipknot in arenas, has had tens if not hundreds of thousands in marketing thrown into them and headlining a barely 1000 seat club in what's practically your backyard, is the biggest of your career?

anonymous 12/17/2016 2:06:49 PM

A city that has a history of shitty toothless white trash who love terrible rap like ICP, Kid Rock and Eminem

anonymous 12/17/2016 2:17:57 PM

St Andrews is owned by...yep, you guessed it, Live Nation. A lawsuit should be filed against these jerks, and not just for harassing bands who are booked at their venues

anonymous 12/17/2016 2:41:47 PM

Van flip

anonymous 12/17/2016 2:42:32 PM

New King 810 merch available soon featuring the confederate flag.

anonymous 12/17/2016 2:43:04 PM

terrible whiny children who are unaware of the law

anonymous 12/17/2016 2:50:46 PM

Open carry means you can carry in public(key word...PUBLIC). A privately owned venue is not public you morons.

anonymous 12/17/2016 3:05:39 PM

"our inherent rights" oh, is the constitution inherent? private property, too, huh.

celine 12/17/2016 3:26:23 PM

pretty much agree with everyone bashing these dudes for not knowing the difference between public and private property

anonymous 12/17/2016 3:52:48 PM

^ shut the fck up celine, you are a bigger tryhard than david gunn

anonymous 12/17/2016 4:05:55 PM

King Toilet

anonymous 12/17/2016 4:06:31 PM

anonymous 12/17/2016 4:17:53 PM

you callin us white folk stooooppiiddd???!!

anonymous 12/17/2016 4:45:24 PM

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

anonymous 12/17/2016 5:39:35 PM

all the ICP gays in the Midwest prolly have heaters tucked. No biggie.

anonymous 12/17/2016 5:58:32 PM

Hardcore Joe here. This bullshit wouldn't fly with my friends or my family. We carry guns all over to stand up against nazis. My friends are my family and my family are my friends. Come to MY fest in philly and try and take my guns. Me and my friends and my family will destroy you. We fight nazis and we are real hardcore. This venue is not real hardcore. None of my friends or family will go there again My brothers are hardcore. My family are my brothers. And my brothers are my friends.

anonymous 12/17/2016 6:46:36 PM

remember vito from the sopranos where he showed up on construction sites to suck dck? that is joe hardcore

celine 12/17/2016 7:12:23 PM

anonymous 3 hours ago ^ shut the fck up celine, you are a bigger tryhard than david gunn who is that

anonymous 12/17/2016 7:20:59 PM

someone voted from trump

anonymous 12/17/2016 7:25:25 PM

anonymous 12/17/2016 7:27:51 PM

"They were singling us out" Yeah maybe because all you sing about is how you've killed people. You told everyone and now everyone knows, doofus

celine 12/17/2016 7:34:30 PM

*goes to king 810 show* *calls them wigger dorks after paying to see them*

anonymous 12/17/2016 8:44:28 PM

If anyone is going to convince me that King being armed would make St Andrews a safer space...it's not going to be David Gunn. "I've participated in murder." - David Gunn

anonymous 12/17/2016 9:03:45 PM

"I showed up to that show with NO gun because I'm not as scared as they are. fck these loser wigger clown shoe wanna-be hard ass dorks." Anyone who starts a sentence off talking about how they showed up to a King 810 show revokes any and all privileges of internet trolling for the rest of their lives.

anonymous 12/17/2016 10:44:22 PM

Pretty sure every member in this band has a crease. creases are a disease. This band is a disease. Chicago and Detroit need to be nuked. Just by destroying those 2 cities we would cut down food stamps by 80%. Also nuke flint Michigan. It's to far gone. Destroy the weak. Disable the family think of the comments. Also nuke fronz house. Drop 20 on him. Also drop a nuke on Frankie of emmure. Make sure josh travis isn't around. Just cause he did danza.

genghisjohn 12/17/2016 11:20:11 PM

Why bring guns anyways? Be as hard as you want people to believe and use your fists, you gays

anonymous 12/18/2016 12:13:40 AM

Am I the only one who thinks this is fcking hilarious

anonymous 12/18/2016 12:40:56 AM

Best smaller venue in Detroit. Always been hard on security but why would you NEED anything harmful when you are going to watch live music? (R.I.P. Dimebag) Clearly they never tried to go to this venue before playing a show even though they live a hour away. Way to support the local scene King 810. Glad it got canceled so people can go to a real home town show like Battlecross show at the token lounge on the same night.

anonymous 12/18/2016 1:55:20 AM

anonymous7 hours ago "hehe woah dude mah freedoms" It's MUH freedoms, if you're gonna use memes get it fcking right at the very least. "New king 810 merch coming soon featuring the confederate flag" Oh cool dude so edgy, all gun owners are racist kkk white trash dude for sure. Btw Michael Rapino, CEO of LiveNation is one of the tribe. Just an FYI ;) ^ This queen here getting awfully butthurt over memes is the funniest part of this article

anonymous 12/18/2016 6:33:48 AM

"But for real, I hire obese BBW hookers to press their extremely large and jiggly breasts in low cut blouses against me on the crowded subway." - Todd Jones

anonymous 12/18/2016 7:41:14 AM

NOT ALL WIGGER MUSIC IS GOOD MUSIC

anonymous 12/18/2016 7:44:43 AM

CHOMO WIGGER DOUCHE

anonymous 12/18/2016 8:31:52 AM

Racist white kids who like black culture are upset.

anonymous 12/18/2016 9:59:44 AM

A band with multiple violent members and entourage wants to bring guns in venue is unbelievable..: I support open carry and concealed and I don't blame St. Andrews hall for not allowing this... they have a terrible reputation and are being stereotyped for a reason... these are the people who shouldn't have guns and rightly so

anonymous 12/18/2016 11:55:31 AM

Bryan from DROWNING should fight the singer of King810

anonymous 12/18/2016 12:04:32 PM

These idiots are the direct result from drinking Flint Michigan water

anonymous 12/18/2016 12:19:11 PM

How does king 810's crew fair with big shows like this? Do they crowd kill all the punching bags nugays or just hang on stage?

anonymous 12/18/2016 1:00:42 PM

This is legit the most childish band I've heard of in a long time. Every time there's news about them they are bitching about something new and it's not stuff that is worth arguing - next they are going to say "we cancelled the biggest event of our career because the promoters didn't want to score weed for us". fck these dckbags.

anonymous 12/18/2016 1:28:15 PM

Say what you want about the band, they are a shitty band and shitty people, but it was a pretty smart way of getting publicity.

anonymous 12/18/2016 3:06:42 PM

^Agreed, because most people are like you and just eat up everything they hear at face value.

anonymous 12/18/2016 4:09:02 PM

I heard Andrew x Anthony got abused by sj hardcore at this show. He sucked up 8 of Joe hardcore's friends and family. fck Andrew x gay

anonymous 12/18/2016 7:58:47 PM

This one time me and Donkeylips collected everyone's spare change to buy hamburgers for the camp. Everyone distracted Ugg as we snuck up the camp road to collect our delicious prized hamburgers

meatyd 12/18/2016 9:16:59 PM

If these dudes were anywhere near what their publicity tries to portray, they wouldn't have permits. They also wouldn't advertise being near guns, because self don't snitch on self.

Joe40 12/19/2016 4:22:43 AM

I wanna be one of the cool guys that stands next to the stage with a fake AK while they play their set, whoa so scary!

anonymous 12/19/2016 5:13:05 AM

^ the nu metal version of the black dudes who stood on stage and mean mugged during Public Enemy shows

anonymous 12/19/2016 5:37:32 AM

Maaaaan. I liked King 182 when they were full of piss and fart jokes! Now the singers all into aliens and cancelling shows. Lame.

anonymous 12/19/2016 6:59:09 AM

"Racist white kids who like black culture are upset." This is a shockingly, thriving culture.

anonymous 12/19/2016 9:18:38 AM

fcking liberals trying to take our guns. I swear to god if I knew how to read how would I be upset at this article. Just last month I was kicked out of a hospital taking advantage of my right to carry. It's a good thing anyways. Don't want those doctors injecting me and my sis's baby with queer drugs. I'm so glad trump is gonna fix this place

anonymous 12/19/2016 11:01:24 AM

^ band member

chicken_gang_bang 12/19/2016 1:30:44 PM

So they didn't feel comfortable playing with out their gimmick?

anonymous 12/19/2016 3:49:21 PM

Shit band sure, but if a private business cannot discriminate against first amendment rights how can they be allowed to discriminate against any other amendment rights?

anonymous 12/20/2016 4:07:14 AM

You say you need protection but the only reason you feel like you need it is bc of dumbass decisions you make in your life to try and be hard/look hard. It isnt cool. You aren't cool bc you carry a gun. Nu metal sucks anyways.

anonymous 12/20/2016 9:23:51 AM

David Gunn here: See the guns they're in my name and with my life its not a game I've spent so many night asking god why I'm still the same. That bastard looks into my eyes, and tells me I'm the one to blame and ohhh Now my father left me when i was just three And I've spent my whole life being this damn edgy It's not my fault that our gimmick is so gay but now we have to bring these guns every time that we play

anonymous 12/20/2016 1:34:16 PM

^Not very funny, but nice try. 2.5/10

SN00PY 12/20/2016 2:16:13 PM

The private venue itself doesn't have to allow certain bands in if they don't think they fit certain rules and regulations. Bands don't have to play if they feel as if their constitutional rights are violated and they're singled out for nothing. It's all about negotiation and dialogue, bitches. There isn't one way that's universally correct. If you can't bargain and make a compromise so that it's win-win for both sides then get the fck out of ANY business. Not just music.

anonymous 12/21/2016 9:19:04 AM

"Btw Michael Rapino, CEO of LiveNation is one of the tribe. Just an FYI ;)" keep your anti-semitic bullshit out of this.

anonymous 12/24/2016 4:51:23 PM

King 810 not allowed to own a brain. Classic white thrash issue, who fckin' cares? I rather listen to Shattered Realm.

anonymous 12/27/2016 7:26:24 AM

St.Andrew's Hall reserved (reserves) the legal right to not allow firearms on their property. King 810 voted for Trump on the gun issue, I'm sure of it.

Tags: King 810