NewsDecember 16, 2016 10:55 AM ET12,390 views

Phil Anselmo calls out Robb Flynn, Scott Ian

Lightning rod vocalist Phil Anselmo was interviewed on Eddie Trunk's "Trunk Nation" radio show yesterday, and Anselmo spent a significant portion of the interview discussing the infamous 'Dimebash' incident, which took place nearly one year ago. In addition to once again explaining why he ultimately yelled "white power" into a microphone on stage, and reaffirming past apologies for his actions, Anselmo also took to task Robb Flynn (Machine Head) and Scott Ian (Anthrax), two very vocal critics of Anselmo's behavior. Regarding Flynn, Anselmo had this to say:
"Everybody in my camp, everybody around us, everyone of us. Anybody who has ever watched Robert over the years knows that he watches me and watches me and watches me. And sits in a corner, watches me. And then we get onstage together… You know what, it all comes down to and straight up, he wants to ride the coattails, he wants to ride the coattails. "He started off a song and I told him to stop—and I told him to stop, I hadn't even announced the song, so he took that as a slight… And I said something like 'you don't know me' which once again is my sense of humor and I know it hurt it his little ego or whatever, which you know, sorry for you brother, but I'm not sorry. "So he made an eleven minute video; some dude who knows nothing about me except Pantera and this and that. And I'm a believer in freedom of speech whether you are joking around or not, whatever. This whole I'm a racist thing is… it's infuriating because it's false, absolutely false. And I'd like to turn around and say 'hey what have you done to better your community Robert? If you're going to call me out on this supposed heinous act. What have you done? What have you done?' "I know what I've done, I know what I've done for the inner city kids in Detroit when the Kronk Boxing Gym was getting closed down. I forked over thousands of dollars that I most certainly did not have to make sure those kids got fed, clothed and a place to sleep. Because it was run by the last father figure I had in my goddamn life: a black man named Emanuel Steward, rest in peace. Who used to call me before every fight that he would call on HBO and say 'whatchu think Phil?' And he would ask me my opinion of what I thought the outcome would be."
As for Ian, Anselmo offered up this:
"Look at how virtuous I am', and that's where little Robert comes in. Look at me, what, living in California? You're going to compare that shit, compate [it] to living in the south? You're out of your fucking mind." "He had ulterior motives and then you've got Scott Ian, who, the day after it happened, he wrote me some e-mail and 'Phil, what I saw was ugly and this that and the other,' so says the guy who wrote a record called 'Speak English Or Die.' If that record were to come out this year or last year, fuckin' forget it. Think he'd get pounced on? You're damn right he would and he knows it. "'Virtue! Virtue! Virtue signal…' or if you're really sorry, donate to this Nazi hunter Jewish cause or whatever. I did it in an hour. Did you ever hear about that story? Of course you didn't. You know why? It doesn't make good headlines. I donated that hour if not that goddamn second."
You can check out the entire interview below.

anonymous 12/16/2016 8:04:52 AM

Mike Williams' new liver is reportedly critical of Anselmo's behavior as well.

anonymous 12/16/2016 8:10:09 AM

he watches me he watches me he watches me I told him to stop I told him to stop I told him to stop I know what I've done I know what I've done I know what I've done I know what I've done

anonymous 12/16/2016 8:11:19 AM

Robb Flynn is a pssy SJW

anonymous 12/16/2016 8:19:13 AM

'or if you're really sorry, donate to this Nazi hunter Jewish cause or whatever.' FTW

anonymous 12/16/2016 8:31:33 AM

Sounds like Phil is back on the smack.

anonymous 12/16/2016 8:31:54 AM

Dang this dude repeats himself a lot tho

anonymous 12/16/2016 8:45:25 AM

TOO LONG DIDNT READ MH'S BURN MY TOILET IS A DIRECT RIPOFF OF EVERYTHING PANTERA JUICEBOX

anonymous 12/16/2016 9:13:56 AM

PHIL ANSELMO YOURE A fckING RACIST. YOU LITERALLY SCREAMED WHITE POWER INTO A CROWD MONTHS AGO. STOP PLAYING THE VICTIM YOU fckING WASHED UP LOSER.

anonymous 12/16/2016 9:18:41 AM

i am not tired about reading about this

anonymous 12/16/2016 9:20:44 AM

Joe Hardcore here. Phil Anselmo isn't racist and neither am I. All lives matter guys. except ravers

anonymous 12/16/2016 9:25:03 AM

Heroin is a helluva drug

anonymous 12/16/2016 9:53:03 AM

I doubt Emmanuel Steward would call him about fights

anonymous 12/16/2016 9:57:00 AM

...Then why was Mr. Anselmo doing the EXACT same thing in Memphis when Superjoint opened for Danzig? I for one have video of it. fck this guy! fckin liar!

anonymous 12/16/2016 10:02:15 AM

Scott Ian and Robb Flynn are both hypocrites. Just because they dressed and acted like blacks when they were younger, doesn't make them unofficial spokespeople of the black race

anonymous 12/16/2016 10:03:33 AM

Basically a white sage. Maybe you'll need a fckin liver transplant soon too. Theres another SOD song called Kill Yourself. You should check that out.

anonymous 12/16/2016 10:07:15 AM

He's not on smack, you dorks. He's a pothead. He's done interviews high AF on the green and he sounds exactly the same.

anonymous 12/16/2016 10:37:43 AM

I HAVE A BLACK FRIEND I CAN'T BE RACIST!

anonymous 12/16/2016 11:27:41 AM

TRUNK nation more like TRUMP nation!! AMIRITE????

anonymous 12/16/2016 11:51:12 AM

I believe in Phil. He gets a pass to do whatever he wants, because he's cooler than you. New Scour, Superjoint, and all his other projects rule.

anonymous 12/16/2016 11:52:26 AM

Emmure here. would rather read about Aaron from bane beating up his gf. Would want to be on this though.

anonymous 12/16/2016 12:04:36 PM

Chubby fresh olc checkin in, GET OUT

anonymous 12/16/2016 12:17:17 PM

Everyone knows it's racist to not be black.

anonymous 12/16/2016 12:20:04 PM

WIGGER POWER!

anonymous 12/16/2016 12:40:15 PM

anonymous Chubby fresh olc checkin in, GET OUT LORD EZEC HERE TO BEAT YOUR FAT fckING ASS LIKE I DID IN CLEVO BACK IN THE DAY. DMS BEATDOWN

anonymous 12/16/2016 2:34:48 PM

Joe Hardcore here. Phil get your white power tattoos covered up by Mike Hooligan like I did. Mike is a cool nazi skin he feels the same way I do. Blacks are good as long as they money green like mine. Mike grew out his hair to cover up his white power tats like me. Peace White Wine.

anonymous 12/16/2016 2:48:43 PM

Stikman here. I beat Phil's ass for calling me a sage. You know I don't like people who have not grown up in Asbury Park using that word. BFL official sponsor of the NFL.

anonymous 12/16/2016 2:51:56 PM

Chubby Fresh here. Jews and Armenians that talk like nig-gars are cool because they are rich and tough. Blacks are just tough. Bikestyles Black Friday Sale get 20% a bootleg Lebron Integrity Skull jersey.

anonymous 12/16/2016 4:25:49 PM

White wine 88

anonymous 12/16/2016 4:27:01 PM

YOU KNOW SCOTT IAN IS A gay WHEN HE TOURS WITH DEVIL WEARS PRADA

anonymous 12/16/2016 5:19:25 PM

Speak English or Die will be played at Trump's inauguration.

anonymous 12/16/2016 9:45:08 PM

whatchu think Phil?

anonymous 12/17/2016 2:02:01 PM

Hardcore Joe here. I don't like Phil. He's not family or friend. He is not hardcore. He is nazi. We fight nazi. My friends are my family. My family are my friends. My brothers are like my family. My brothers are like my friends. Unity against nazis. Philadelphia hardcore will take you down nazi bad guys. Come to my fest and say "white power" to my face or my friends face or my family face! We take you down fast.

anonymous 12/17/2016 6:10:33 PM

^reads like an Arnold Schwarzenaggar line

anonymous 12/18/2016 12:21:20 PM

Phaithless Phascit Philly Phesting

anonymous 12/18/2016 4:40:29 PM

Whoa, is one of the drummers of Integrity seriously commenting on this post? I loved "Fixation on a Coworker". You rule dude.

anonymous 12/18/2016 5:58:10 PM

Deadguy bruh

anonymous 12/19/2016 8:06:16 PM

well that was completely incoherent.

anonymous 12/27/2016 7:31:55 AM

LOL @ Phil retorting to being called out for giving a Nazi salutee I wanna say over a half year after he gave that salute he apologized for only because he got called out by Rob. Phil you voting for Trump alone makes you a racist since Trump is a racist.

anonymous 1/1/2017 7:32:45 AM

Both new scour and superjoint rule.