Randy Blythe to front Eyehategod for band's fall tour

Thursday, September 22, 2016 10:30 AM PT / 8,162 views
Lamb Of God's Randy Blythe will be filling in for Eyehategod vocalist Mike IX Williams on their upcoming fall tour with Discharge and Toxic Holocaust. Elaborates Williams of the decision, "Once again, rather than cancel an amazing tour, we have chosen for Eyehategod to continue on and give one-thousand-percent. This 2016 Discharge tour is super important to me as that band has been a huge influence on my life, but my health situation right now dictates that I am not able to take the stage and perform to the best of my abilities every single night. This is where our good friend Randy Blythe from Lamb Of God comes into the picture. We've known Randall since the early '90s when Eyehategod would pass through Virginia and he'd offer for us to crash at his crib after our gigs. Great times and we became great friends. To have Mr. Blythe on board as a fill in for me on vocals for this run is a true 'circle-stays-unbroken' turn of events! Coming off the heels of Philip Anselmo doing vocals for Eyehategod on two high profile shows [last month's performances at Southport Music Hall in New Orleans, Louisiana and the 2016 edition of Gwar BQ in Richmond, Virginia respectively], both of these men are at the top of their game. I am getting the medical help I need and will return to the band as soon as possible. Thank you, everybody... " Adds Blythe, "Anyone who knows me well knows that I am a massive Eyehategod fan. I've seen them play more times than I can remember, my old side project covered 'Dixie Whiskey' for an Eyehategod tribute album, I wear their merch, I even have a freaking Eyehategod tattoo that I got in New Orleans. They are one of my favorite bands of all time, period. I've also been friends with the guys in the band since the '90s... actually, I knew them before I knew the dudes in my own band, and Eyehategod would often crash at my crib when they came through Richmond. So it's a bit difficult for me to say, 'I'm super-happy that I've been asked to fill in for Mike IX Williams on this upcoming tour with Discharge and Toxic Holocaust.' In fact, I can't honestly say that at all because, once again as a fan and, more importantly, a friend, no one would rather see Mike do this tour more than myself. Mike IX is THE voice of Eyehategod, and I respect him as a friend, musician, and writer way too much to ever think otherwise. What I can say is that I am beyond honored to be serving a brief tour of duty on vocals with Eyehategod for this upcoming run. When I was asked to fill in for Mike IX due to his health issues, I immediately said, 'I'll do it, as long as all of the guys in the band are cool with it, especially Mike; it can't be any other way.' I know from talking to him that Mike is very, very bummed to not be on this tour, especially given the fact that the legendary Discharge is one of his all-time favorite bands. In light of that fact alone, it's a huge testament to the man's character that he's being gracious enough to let the band continue to work while he concentrates on his medical issues, which are entirely legitimate and prevent him from taking the stage night after night. The other guys need to keep the band alive while IX gets better. As anyone who has ever seen the band can attest, the stage of an Eyehategod show isn't exactly the ideal place to rest and recuperate from an illness, and that is the most important thing here: that Mike IX gets better. In order to both give him the time to take care of his health while simultaneously keeping Eyehategod an active working unit, I'll be proud to do my bit on this tour and take the stage with what is undeniably one of the heaviest bands on earth. It will be a savage experience; I can promise you that. Let the down-to-earth-motherfuckin'-post-amplification-blues begin! Hail Mike IX."

anonymous 9/22/2016 10:39:23 AM

nice merging of early 90s redneck and early 00s redneck fanbases

anonymous 9/22/2016 11:01:38 AM

KIDS WILL BE DYING

anonymous 9/22/2016 11:01:50 AM

AIDS? Cancer?

anonymous 9/22/2016 11:32:53 AM

probably Hepatitis but purely speculation.

anonymous 9/22/2016 11:35:57 AM

TL;DR Southern circlejerk involving bands no one really cares about anymore. Probably pretty tough for either of them to do box after sucking each others dcks so much Jesus fckin christ

anonymous 9/22/2016 12:19:04 PM

I plan on stage diving and stepping on randys toes

anonymous 9/22/2016 12:31:19 PM

If you step on his toes, he will have to claim self defense...

anonymous 9/22/2016 12:32:10 PM

and now, an exercise in saying the same fcking thing in as many different ways in the same 2 paragraphs as you possibly can. The statement could easily have just said "Man, I'm stoked to fill in for Eyehategod. Love those guys. Known them forever. Mike is the man, and I hope he gets better. Thanks to them for the opportunity. The End." and accomplished everything that was needed.

anonymous 9/22/2016 1:58:16 PM

There are actually people who like to read Randy's "musings." The dude is biggest wordy blowhard on the planet. If he's like that in conversation, I bet he spends a lot time alone.

anonymous 9/22/2016 1:58:36 PM

Interested to see if there will be a barricade. Last time I saw EHG/Ringworm it was in a super small venue with no barricade/security.

anonymous 9/22/2016 2:20:05 PM

Haha reading these for a good laugh. I spend a lot of time alone? *I wish* I had me time. Just when I think I do, I'll get a text from a friend wanting to hang out, so I gladly oblige. Or band practice. Or a photograph shoot. Thanks again for your consern. -RB

willy_wanker 9/22/2016 2:36:31 PM

this isnt a good fit and hes going to ruin it

anonymous 9/22/2016 2:42:44 PM

Could this be because of Drew???

anonymous 9/22/2016 2:44:02 PM

I meant to say Mike shit.

anonymous 9/22/2016 2:47:10 PM

My Uncle Luke got a 96 Ford F-250 only from working off a home computer... why not try this out >>> wage7.com

anonymous 9/22/2016 2:47:39 PM

Oh how the mighty have fallen

anonymous 9/22/2016 6:28:26 PM

knew it would be >1000 words because Randy Blythe is involved

anonymous 9/22/2016 7:31:35 PM

How many times will he kill or almost be killed this tour

anonymous 9/22/2016 8:29:43 PM

won't be able to see Randy's name without thinking 'wordy blowhard'. Nice Lamegoat, real nice

anonymous 9/22/2016 9:23:24 PM

I'm not even gonna attempt to f**king read any of that

anonymous 9/22/2016 10:19:07 PM

I'm not even gonna attempt to f**king read any of that But you'll take the time to comment. Takes all but a minute and a half, maybe less. You lazy fcking retard.

anonymous 9/24/2016 1:52:11 PM

^ Oh no how will he ever go on not knowing this important news

anonymous 9/24/2016 3:14:37 PM

It takes about 8 minutes less to comment than to read you pathetic log fanboy. Also, CONCERN*

anonymous 9/26/2016 6:37:12 AM

EyeHateLambOfGod-yeow!!! lil lambin,lil lambin!!!!!