Bad Brains singer suffering from neurobiological disorder

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 7:12 AM PT / 6,662 views
HR of Bad Brains A week after a Gofundme campaign was created to help support the recovery of Bad Brains guitarist Dr. Know, a similar effort has been put forth on behalf of Bad Brains frontman H.R. (aka Paul Hudson), who is suffering from a "neurobiological disorder." You can contribute here. Lori Hudson, wife of H.R., had this to say about his condition:
"I am HR's caregiver. He has a neurobiological disorder and has also had severe headaches for years. The headaches have gotten progressively worse; in November, he began living with almost constant pain. He has been diagnosed with a rare type of headache called SUNCT, a trigeminal neuralgia that is similar to cluster headaches. There is no known cure and no reliable medical treatment. To give you an idea of what he's dealing with, cluster headaches are nicknamed 'Suicide Syndrome'. The headaches come randomly, with no warning, at all hours of the day and night; but for him, they are much worse at night. The intensity of the nighttime headaches is so great that he yells, cries out, groans, and sobs—repeatedly, every few minutes, for most of the night. He can't work. He has no quality of life. If you call him and ask how he is, he will say, 'Everything's okay,' because that's just how he is. But everything is not okay. "We've been consulting doctors for the past few years, and have uncovered several health issues that we were able to address and overcome. But these headaches... In the past six months, he's been to the emergency room twice, had an overnight in the hospital, has seen two neurologists, and so far he has a diagnosis and found a pain medication that worked well for a while but is not safe to take long-term—so it's two steps forward, three steps back. He has an appointment in early May at a Headache Center--not fully covered by health insurance--where we hope to find someone with experience with this type of headache. He's on a cocktail of pharmaceuticals that scares me. He has lost weight, with visible muscle wasting. "As a clinical herbalist, you can be sure that I have also been tapping into my extensive knowledge of natural medicine. Nothing is working YET. I know what we need to try next, including acupuncture and some herbal preparations, however we can't manage the costs of these treatments. "I am a full-time caregiver. I work a full-time retail management job with varying shifts. I manage HR's calendar and business as best as I can. I've been trying really hard to work on extra projects to bring in some extra money (very slow going). I take care of the apartment, the car, the bills, HR's doctor appointments, everything. I do all of the things. And now I can't sleep because my husband is crying out in pain all night. On top of the physical stress of shift work and not getting enough sleep, the emotional and psychological stress of watching him be in pain and not being able to do a damn thing about it is wearing me down. He needs me to be around more and he needs me to be at my best. I can't do this alone anymore. We need your help. "Thank you for anything you can do to help HR regain his health--and his life."

anonymous 3/15/2016 7:38:00 AM

shrooms can help with cluster headaches

anonymous 3/15/2016 7:39:26 AM

Trollin ass title. lol.

anonymous 3/15/2016 8:18:58 AM

I have a PhD in bullshit, and this is a classic case of an excuse to smoke more weed.

anonymous 3/15/2016 8:20:20 AM

neuro? there's a "bad brain" joke in there somewhere i just don't have the strength though

rick____tocchet 3/15/2016 8:27:33 AM

Smoke weed every day!!!

anonymous 3/15/2016 9:03:16 AM

sounds like some PMA would help: percs, morphs, ativans

anonymous 3/15/2016 9:14:27 AM

This isn't news...he's been dicked up for years...bringing suitcases and shit on stage at the 9:30.

anonymous 3/15/2016 9:17:17 AM

that birch tree is sick

celine 3/15/2016 10:29:12 AM

keep your PMA ya dumb bitch

anonymous 3/15/2016 12:22:22 PM

"Clinical Herbalist" huh?

anonymous 3/15/2016 1:33:27 PM

singer of "Bad Brains" suffering from a.......bad brain!

anonymous 3/15/2016 3:15:31 PM

is that what we're calling homophobia now?

anonymous 3/15/2016 4:13:03 PM

As a clinical herbalist As a clinical herbalist As a clinical herbalist As a clinical herbalist As a clinical herbalist As a clinical herbalist As a clinical herbalist As a clinical herbalist As a clinical herbalist As a clinical herbalist As a clinical herbalist As a clinical herbalist As a clinical herbalist As a clinical herbalist As a clinical herbalist No offense, but shut up. He doesn't need to be wasting his time with your bullshit.

anonymous 3/15/2016 4:32:07 PM

Bad brains need health insurance....

anonymous 3/15/2016 9:20:19 PM

hey yay yay yay. smoke weed everyday.

anonymous 3/15/2016 11:04:01 PM

LSD is supposed to help with those as well

anonymous 3/16/2016 12:21:51 AM

Yo! Dr Dre in da haus. Dat hot dog haus c-mmin to a gentrified neighberhood near you. Bad brains? I see this shit happen to all my dogs more often than not. Homies loosing that struggle to cancer etc,etc. Hope he pulls through. -Dr. Dre

anonymous 3/16/2016 5:28:26 AM

Toradol.

anonymous 3/16/2016 10:19:12 AM

that dr dre comment is embarrassingly unfunny

anonymous 3/16/2016 4:04:45 PM

SHROOMSSSSSSSSSSSS. they de-calcify the pineal gland and allows your brain to recalulate

birdman_prrr_prrr 3/16/2016 7:12:20 PM

he needs to take shrooms for this.

anonymous 3/17/2016 1:04:45 AM

Ultimate Cash Grab

anonymous 3/17/2016 2:12:04 PM

Letlive ripped off Brand New. Letlive- "muther" Brand New- "jaws theme swimming"