NewsDecember 13, 2015 11:38 AM ET13,101 views

Dallas Taylor (Maylene, ex-Underoath) alleges police brutality

Dallas Taylor, current Maylene and the Sons of Disaster and former Underoath vocalist, says that both he and Maylene guitarist Jake Duncan were the victims of police brutality last night in Birmingham, AL. Taylor alleges that he and Duncan were videotaping altercations between police officers and patrons of an unspecified club last night when the pair was attacked by police officers. Taylor was detained for an hour while Duncan was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct. Taylor is seeking donations for legal fees, and has issued this:
Last night 12/12/2015 Dallas Taylor from the southern rock band "Maylene and the Sons of Disaster" was video taping people coming out of a restaurant/dance club drunk trying to fight cops. He started to video tape, and was attacked by one of the drunks. Jake Duncan our guitarist ran over to try and calm the situation and break up the fight. Jake Duncan, and Dallas Taylor were then attacked by police officers and were victims of police brutality. Jake Duncan was repeatedly getting his head slammed in the pavement, and Dallas Taylor was thrown to the ground with his knee cut open. Dallas Taylor was just trying to document the situation as people kept yelling "F@"k your country and F"@K cops". The cops did not arrest one drunk person or any of the ones that were trying to fight cops. Dallas Taylor was detained for around an hour and Jake Duncan who did nothing wrong in this matter was arrested on Disorderly Conduct. His bail in the picture above was $358.45. Not counting on getting a lawyer to fight these corrupt cops. Dallas Taylor's phone was also stolen in the altercation. If you could please help us out we would appreciate it. We never ask for help but what happened is wrong and we do not have the money to pay these fees. Any little bit helps. You can mail checks to: Dallas Taylor 5900 N.W. 135th Ave Morriston, FL 32668 Or contact me in a message on my personal Facebook page-Dallas Taylor and I can give you different options to help out, such as square etc, or leave a comment below on this post and I'll get in touch with you personally. My Paypal is Dallas Taylor dallastaliaferro@gmail.com Thank you so much for reading this and God Bless. We live in a free country that is being run the wrong way in a lot of situations.

anonymous 12/13/2015 8:59:11 AM

They don't have $358 between the 2 of them? Ha...losers.

OrgCore 12/13/2015 9:00:51 AM

Sounds like a plot that didn't get used in one of the Porky's sequels.

anonymous 12/13/2015 9:11:38 AM

jemenez cricket is not stoked, is begging mommy to give them moneys

zerofender 12/13/2015 9:12:01 AM

LOL@ "You can send checks to"

anonymous 12/13/2015 9:39:55 AM

This sh1t is getting ridiculous. If fck1ng bands have no money, have some self respect and go to Amscot or sell your booty

anonymous 12/13/2015 9:48:27 AM

I need $500 to pay off some of my bills too. Please send me a check. Reply below me and I will give you my info.

anonymous 12/13/2015 9:49:27 AM

"They don't have $358 between the 2 of them? Ha...losers." well one of them can't afford child support, so not really surprising

anonymous 12/13/2015 10:06:13 AM

Anyone who donates one penny to these two idiots deserves to get punched by a cop

anonymous 12/13/2015 10:11:28 AM

"Blah blah blah, I'm a broke victim. You can send checks to..."

anonymous 12/13/2015 10:14:13 AM

Disastrous.

anonymous 12/13/2015 10:16:51 AM

"I don't have any actual evidence that any of this occurred, since my phone was destroyed while I was videotaping my friends and I leaving a bar drunk....I mean I saw some drunk people leaving a bar and I got my knee scraped up pretty bad. Please send money to help with medical bills and lawyer fees for my boo boo." God Bless America alright.

anonymous 12/13/2015 10:16:55 AM

Sounds like someone had some bills to pay so they decided to go ambulance chasing looking for an altercation. "My knee got cut, you can send checks to:" Tells you all you need to know right there.

anonymous 12/13/2015 10:18:01 AM

so we're now panhandling online?

anonymous 12/13/2015 10:38:45 AM

I hope those hacks read this, YOU ARE ASSHATS AND WILL NEVER GET ANY MONIES!!!!!!!! No one cares about you and never will ya butt plugs!

anonymous 12/13/2015 11:14:25 AM

Can we donate to the cops for a job well done?

anonymous 12/13/2015 11:14:57 AM

Post a picture of your face ya gaygggggoooootttttt

anonymous 12/13/2015 11:34:36 AM

anonymous 12/13/2015 1:25:35 PM

we didn't ask you to film anyone man, it's Christmas time, gonna buy my loved ones presents and forget about your contribution to butt rock

anonymous 12/13/2015 1:42:04 PM

fcken dumb scammers

anonymous 12/13/2015 1:50:24 PM

HIS KNEE!!!

anonymous 12/13/2015 2:03:09 PM

someone asking for checks in the age of paypal, gofundme, etc... pretty disturbing

anonymous 12/13/2015 3:40:25 PM

pay attention kids. this is a fine example of the type of predicaments that occur when you still don't have a real job well into your 30s.

anonymous 12/13/2015 4:55:08 PM

I guess none of these articles caught the version they posted on Maylene's page multiple times where he kept mentioning these drunks were illegal immigrants possibly affiliated with ISIS lol

anonymous 12/13/2015 5:26:52 PM

I'm from Birmingham. This is probably true.

anonymous 12/13/2015 6:36:11 PM

Hahahahaha....another band of dicklords asking for donations..

anonymous 12/13/2015 7:45:55 PM

I lol'd multiple times reading this statement. requesting checks be mailed and posting your sh ithole florida home address. I refuse to believe this idiot isn't trolling us on purpose. No one liked underoath either f ag.

anonymous 12/13/2015 7:49:53 PM

I grew up on Birmingham. While I used to love this band when I was a teenager at cave 9, Im astounded that they are still around. But honestly, Bham cops do suck. That neverending ham. In your rice.

anonymous 12/13/2015 8:02:54 PM

LOL MACBOOK PROS BLAH BLAH BLAH FOREHEAD TATTOOS JESUS HRIST GODDAMIT.

anonymous 12/13/2015 8:56:00 PM

Seriously are we being trolled here? Mail checks? WTF is this 1997? Ask for Bitcoin donations or GTFO

anonymous 12/13/2015 11:58:09 PM

Taking a dump in a box and sending it. Go work in a kitchen for 2 weeks and pay that shit you silly fcken long-haired 'God Bless' mouth breather

anonymous 12/13/2015 11:59:23 PM

Send cheques so I can afford my Fentanyl Patches that I smoke. Florida, go kill yourself you hipster doofus

anonymous 12/14/2015 4:54:14 AM

Hey Shawn Spann here, you think I could have some of that money too? I just don't really feel like working haha. Thanks guys!

anonymous 12/14/2015 6:32:34 AM

They chose to stick around and film the drunks and the cops, they got exactly what they deserved.

anonymous 12/14/2015 8:45:46 AM

Poor guy scraped his knee. Someone should have Cautioned him about the... Dangerous Curbs Ahead.

anonymous 12/14/2015 9:01:04 AM

You can send checks to...

anonymous 12/14/2015 10:25:40 AM

yeah the original post was filled with so much "down south bleed american racist" shit that i wouldn't give them a cent. This whole thing is a crock

anonymous 12/14/2015 11:38:53 AM

Those knee scrapes ain't cheap.

anonymous 12/14/2015 1:32:09 PM

Can we talk about how Morriston is a town with a population of 164 people in the redneck ass fck part of Florida

anonymous 12/14/2015 5:02:50 PM

anonymous 1 day ago Why does this leave out all parts where they constantly refer to the drunk people as "illegals" and possible ISIS? They only posted and deleted it on their facebook 20 times. Yo thanx fo let a brotha know.. was about to write these upstanding black men a cheque for a cool million. -Waka Flocka

anonymous 12/15/2015 12:08:25 AM

vocalist is one of the nicest and most genuine dudes i have ever met. i shared a much needed clove with him afterward.

anonymous 12/15/2015 6:53:18 AM

^^^^ A CLOVE REALLY? WELCOME BACK THE MID NINETIES. WERE YOU WEARING BLACK NAIL POLISH AND SPORTING A PONY TAIL?. NO ACCOUNTABILITY ANYMORE. PLEASE PAY FOR MY LIFE ONLINE BECAUSE MY OVERDONE ATTEMPT AT BEING A ROCKSTAR BLEW UP IN MY FACE. LESSON NUMBER ONE KIDS. IF YOU WANT TO BE A ROCKSTAR STAY OUT OF THE HC SCENE. GO PLAY SOME TOP 40 SHIT BALLS NU METAL OR START SOUNDING LIKE THE BIEBER. fckING GAYS. I USED TO BE SORTA KINDA NOTABLE TO SOME SCENE CHICKS. SKANKS. WAH WAH WAH

anonymous 12/15/2015 6:56:12 AM

fck BLOCKING REFUGEES BLOCK ALL THE WASHED UP HAS BEENS ASKING FOR DONATIONS ONLINE. CHRIST I HATE PEOPLE. I RAN OUT OF TOLERANCE FOR BLATANT STUPIDITY. PLEASE SEND A CHECK TO GO fck YOUR SELF

anonymous 12/15/2015 11:20:01 PM

Video tape video tape video tape video tape video tape video tape video tape video tape video tape video tape video tape video tape video tape video tape video tape video tape video tape video tape video tape video tape video tape video tape video tape video tape video tape video tape video tape video tape video tape video tape video tape video tape