Mayhem Festival is done for good

Mon, August 3, 2015 8:47 AM PT24,205 views

Last night's concert in Dallas, Texas was the final show of the 2015 Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival tour. For better or for worse, it was apparently also the final Mayhem Festival show ever. Festival co-founder John Reese issued this statement via Facebook last night:
Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival 2015 comes to an end. After spending 8 calendar years of passion and one full year of my life on the road with the festival, tonight is a very emotional night. All I know is we have all tried our damned hardest to make Mayhem a home for artists, a platform for bands to increase their fan base and a place where people feel welcomed. There are so many people to thank but most of all I want to thank my family who complete me and I owe everything to. I love you with every fiber of my being Elenie Hovartos Reese Kelsey Reese Kylie Reese and Nicolette Reese. A very very special thank you goes to Jason May Nick Allen Chelsea Coffey and Mike Kelso without you it never would of happened. The Mayhem lifers Ray Picard Keri Lee Joey Perez Andy Lee Benjamin Layden Mike Terrazas Strati Hovartos and Perry Johnson. Thank you to every single band who have performed and the amazing mayhem crew people who have ever been out with us thank you thank you thank you. To Perry LaVoisne You are my brother and I cherish our friendship and the fact that we have fought together so many fucking times. KL and DE ....blood sweat and tears. WITH EVERY END THERE IS A NEW BEGINNING.
Obviously, this was an extremely difficult year for the festival, between ill-conceived comments from co-founder Kevin Lyman to constant criticism from Slayer's Kerry King, the fest has been in the news as of late for all of the wrong reasons. [via Metal Injection]

anonymous 8/3/2015 8:53:19 AM

HOLY!!!! So.......it's done?

anonymous 8/3/2015 8:58:13 AM

"WITH EVERY END THERE IS A NEW BEGINNING." - so, high school metal band speak for "we're just changing the name and kicking out a member"? In this case, I'm assuming Lyman is out.

anonymous 8/3/2015 9:03:51 AM

Karebear here... the new Mayhem fest will include all new school hardcore tough guys.. attendance can and will fill small gymnasiums

anonymous 8/3/2015 9:05:09 AM

oh wow, I genuinely don't give a fck

anonymous 8/3/2015 9:07:47 AM

Kerry King FTW

anonymous 8/3/2015 9:09:25 AM

proper punctuation is not stoked

anonymous 8/3/2015 9:15:17 AM

PARRY FARELL is laughing LOLAPOLOLOAAZZOZZAA

anonymous 8/3/2015 9:17:03 AM

Mayhem ended the day your wife got them big old boobies reduced. R.I.P Mayhem Boobs

anonymous 8/3/2015 9:21:32 AM

Kevin Lyman is stoked

anonymous 8/3/2015 9:22:29 AM

Suburban Scum and Enabler will headline next year

anonymous 8/3/2015 9:28:32 AM

Reba here... just want to thank all the bands on Mayhem for letting me suck your c-cks for vintage nu-metal shirts for my band to wear on stage

anonymous 8/3/2015 9:30:18 AM

these losers had the audacity to think of contacting remaining members of Pantera to do a reunion... that is SO disrespectful to not only Dime but the whole Metal community. These dudes that book these fests are nothing but businessmen.

anonymous 8/3/2015 9:35:06 AM

"These dudes that book these fests are nothing but businessmen." I've got some bad news if you think signed bands aren't essentially a business venture and everything about it is "about the music".

anonymous 8/3/2015 9:36:55 AM

Of course they are... looking at the other thread with our boys in Backtrack and Incendiary supporting their boys in Sub Scum and Heavy Chains. Its all business even with the low life hardcore kids.

anonymous 8/3/2015 9:48:17 AM

Code orange is stoked

anonymous 8/3/2015 10:03:57 AM

Good fck mayhem a bunch of pssy as metal bands.. Lfo is better than korn

anonymous 8/3/2015 10:07:56 AM

these losers had the audacity to think of contacting remaining members of Pantera to do a reunion... Yeah, and the losers in the band heard them out and only one didn't want to do it.

anonymous 8/3/2015 10:15:08 AM

I woke up extremely greasy and sweaty today.

anonymous 8/3/2015 10:28:11 AM

It will return is some other fashion. REBIRT HISCO MING

anonymous 8/3/2015 10:35:15 AM

good, fck kerry king and fck kevin lyman

anonymous 8/3/2015 10:36:23 AM

i'm old fat bald grey and i hate glorified slayer shows.

anonymous 8/3/2015 10:42:25 AM

People realizing that slayer may have been there for the beginning but they are so fcking boring

anonymous 8/3/2015 10:48:14 AM

Sounds of the Underground. Everything else will always suck.

anonymous 8/3/2015 11:00:09 AM

good now we can finally stop hearing about this bullshit. and another canned music fest to NOT worry about anymore. Summer Slaughter should follow suit.

anonymous 8/3/2015 11:03:35 AM

great, now what festival will Disturbed headline next summer?! :(

anonymous 8/3/2015 11:04:59 AM

I wouldn't give a shit if I never got to see the Kerry & Tom show ever again. I'd rather see Metallica play and that's saying something. Wtf did the promoters expect when booking has-beens, a couple deathcore acts, and a bunch of bands 95% of the concert attendees had never heard of? Look at the '09/'12 lineups in comparison and it's easy to see why this year was a failure.

anonymous 8/3/2015 11:10:06 AM

Good. fck Mayhem fest numetal mallcore garbage. Devil Wears Prada, Slipknot, and all the other talentless pseudo metal garbage like them. Without King Diamond and Slayer, there would be no reason for this tour.

anonymous 8/3/2015 12:04:31 PM

no care ever the line ups were 80% horrible anyway

anonymous 8/3/2015 2:04:04 PM

The Beatles should be on this

anonymous 8/3/2015 2:57:58 PM

No, Mac Sabbath & surviving members of AC will headline next year

anonymous 8/3/2015 3:19:48 PM

KEVIN OFFERED ATTILA THE 2016 MAYHEM FEST STAY-SICK MAIN STAGE... ATTILA PLAYIN 3 OF 4 SETS AND FR0NZ1LLA OPENIN.. STAY SICK SEMINAR HEADLININ THE STAY SICK 2ND STAGE... GUYZ FRONZ HERE... I HAD TO TURN MY BOY DOWN AND PUT THIS BROKE TOUR TO REST!! 2016 SUMMER STAY-SICK TOUR IS OFFICIAL AND TAKIN OVER NORTH AMERICA!!! KEEP CHECKIN STAYSICK.COM FOR UPDATEz AND SPACE SUIT RE-STOCKZ!!!

anonymous 8/3/2015 3:57:47 PM

anonymous5 hours ago Good fck mayhem a bunch of pssy as metal bands.. Lfo is better than korn permalink | report abuse Backed hard. Rip Rich

anonymous 8/3/2015 4:42:28 PM

this is emmure's fault ....

anonymous 8/3/2015 8:13:41 PM

people who live their life on lambgoat are stoked. hehe I'm cool now... Doug funnie .... -FRONZILLa y'all

anonymous 8/3/2015 8:17:31 PM

METALICA KICKS ASS -FRONZWIGGERPANTZILLA

anonymous 8/3/2015 8:21:38 PM

people who c-m in my mouth are stoked -chris F.

anonymous 8/4/2015 7:13:29 AM

Dude, seriously....learn to throw in a fcking comma every now and then.

anonymous 8/5/2015 10:34:15 AM

Where in that does it say Mayhem Fest is done for good?