NewsMarch 31, 2015 11:27 AM ET9,348 views

Singer responds to Otep frontwoman's allegations

Terror Universal frontman Chad Armstrong, accused by Otep singer Otep Shamaya of "violently" grabbing her crotch a week ago, has now issued a statement regarding the allegations and subsequent controversy. You can read that below.
I'm Chad Armstrong, singer from Terror Universal. Let me start by saying that I am here to set the record straight, once and for all, state the facts, and my side of the story. These are facts; Otep has ZERO proof of these allegations, and accusations. There is NO police report. There's NO video. She waited 30 days to announce her allegations on social media. This is exactly how the incident happened. I was walking out of the club to go back to the hotel, as Otep was doing her meet and greet. She was standing on a table, and as walked by I tapped her on the leg, and said "good night Otep".. That's when she freaked out, yelling and screaming at me, and yelled at 2 security guards to "escort" me out. The security guards were just as confused as I was, we discussed what had just happened for a bit and I left. Now let me ask you this; she claims I barreled through her hundreds of fans, and assaulted her? And the utterly false accusations about the two fingers, how does someone do that when a person is wearing pants? She claims I grabbed all of her band member's genitals, to further distort the truth, which is absolutely false, and disgusting to even say.... Otep has a very strong social media presence, via Facebook, Twitter & Tumblr, instagram, etc… She knows her fan base, and she knew that by using keywords like "molester" and "rapist" she would incite a maniacal frenzy within her fan base, that would be directed towards me. How could I even try to defend myself in a social media war with Otep and her fans? Otep is a seasoned veteran at this sort of thing, and she has about half a million followers on facebook, intagram, twitter, etc… I've received multiple threats of bodily harm and even death by Otep's supporters. All of which were based on hearsay. Is this justice? No, this is more like a witch trial. I have been subject to defamation of character and slander in the worst way. These are very serious accusations that I do not appreciate, and would never want my son or daughter to have to read on the internet one day. All I want to do is clear my name and go about my business. Thanks to all my friends & family throughout these terrible allegations.

anonymous 3/31/2015 8:33:28 AM

an ugly feminist dyke thinks a man wants to violate her? well quell fckin surprise

anonymous 3/31/2015 8:35:28 AM

"violently" grabbing her crotch a week ago "violently" grabbing her crotch a week ago "violently" grabbing her crotch a week ago "violently" grabbing her crotch a week ago "violently" grabbing her crotch a week ago "violently" grabbing her crotch a week ago

anonymous 3/31/2015 8:35:57 AM

anonymous 3/31/2015 8:40:58 AM

id LOVE a week long, violent goodie grab!!!! preferably not at my own hands...

celine 3/31/2015 8:41:56 AM

chad grabbed her crotch about a week ago week ago fck wit us nd then we tweaking ho LOL and ROTT he some hot n1gga

anonymous 3/31/2015 8:47:42 AM

Crusty fish tacos are stoked.

anonymous 3/31/2015 8:49:06 AM

sue da bish. bouttttta week agoooo

anonymous 3/31/2015 8:49:21 AM

"hundreds of fans"

anonymous 3/31/2015 8:49:27 AM

anonymous 3/31/2015 8:55:51 AM

Can't help but wonder if she had a freak out because she is really being abused or sexually assaulted and not telling anyone. She could be taking advantage of the situation as an outlet.

anonymous 3/31/2015 9:01:12 AM

I saw otep in 07 and some bro flailing his arm hit me in the eye in the pit and I lost my contact RIP contact

anonymous 3/31/2015 9:04:06 AM

fck feminism

anonymous 3/31/2015 9:23:26 AM

Feminism only exists outside of the kitchen...

anonymous 3/31/2015 9:41:07 AM

Well, no one cares what band or who you are gaygot.

anonymous 3/31/2015 9:52:51 AM

I see everything so clearly now. Obviously what happened was the Otep bitch and TU guy were messing around while Otep wanted to use a strap on. TU cat said hell no. So she backlashes against this dude. Using this beat thing to get him to take It up the butt. Dumb butch lesbos.

anonymous 3/31/2015 9:57:49 AM

c*nt flip

anonymous 3/31/2015 9:59:46 AM

i once saw otep play at a festival. i yelled out "show us your pssy", and the c*nt pulls out a bloody tampon and threw it in the crowd. true story. shes one foul bitch

anonymous 3/31/2015 10:06:48 AM

barreled through her hundreds of fans barreled through her hundreds of fans barreled through her hundreds of fans barreled through her hundreds of fans barreled through her hundreds of fans barreled through her hundreds of fans barreled through her hundreds of fans barreled through her hundreds of fans barreled through her hundreds of fans barreled through her hundreds of fans barreled through her hundreds of fans barreled through her hbarreled through her hundreds of fans undreds of fans

anonymous 3/31/2015 10:09:27 AM

should have NEVER gave them the right to vote.

anonymous 3/31/2015 10:12:22 AM

i dont get it either? she had pants on AND an apron.

anonymous 3/31/2015 10:20:02 AM

^ HAHA!

anonymous 3/31/2015 11:07:49 AM

Should have beatd her back in line. fcking c*nt.

anonymous 3/31/2015 12:20:58 PM

The level of intelligence on this thread is what gives metal fans a bad name... seriously people wtf. He needs to have the security guards speak up on his behalf if what he says is true as well as any "fans" who witnessed the incident.

anonymous 3/31/2015 12:28:34 PM

^ otep

anonymous 3/31/2015 1:23:07 PM

I was smoking a joint backstage with the Sworn Enemy dudes in Upsate NY when they toured with Otep a few years ago. One of the SE guys (who shall remain nameless at this time) pissed in her "personal" water bottle backstage. After the set and before the encore she came back and slugged the whole thing down, then went back out for the encore. As soon as they left the room everyone was in stitches. FUNNIEST THING EVER!!!

anonymous 3/31/2015 1:57:01 PM

Jodie Foster's pinball machine in The Accused is stoked.

anonymous 3/31/2015 2:14:44 PM

Give me that filet o fish, give me that fish.

anonymous 3/31/2015 2:24:19 PM

bogies

anonymous 3/31/2015 2:27:02 PM

and ROTT he some hot n1gga ayyy lmao

anonymous 3/31/2015 2:28:58 PM

(.)(.)??

anonymous 3/31/2015 3:56:52 PM

Pisschrist lawsuit flip one step ahead

anonymous 3/31/2015 4:08:26 PM

holy lol at that Sworn Enemy story. that must have been one awkward tour

anonymous 3/31/2015 4:44:01 PM

intagram intagram intagram intagram intagram intagram intagram intagram intagram intagram intagram intagram intagram intagram intagram intagram intagram intagram intagram intagram intagram intagram intagram intagram intagram intagram

anonymous 3/31/2015 5:56:01 PM

I was smoking a joint backstage with the Sworn Enemy dudes I was smoking a joint backstage with the Sworn Enemy dudes I was smoking a joint backstage with the Sworn Enemy dudes I was smoking a joint backstage with the Sworn Enemy dudes

anonymous 3/31/2015 10:36:04 PM

bet she threw her lady parts into his hand

anonymous 4/1/2015 4:40:28 AM

Nu metal retards.

anonymous 4/1/2015 5:18:46 AM

Best wash those fingers...

anonymous 4/1/2015 6:53:43 AM

A woman would never make false statements like this. LOL. She sucks anyways and if I was him I would sue her for defamation of character.

anonymous 4/1/2015 8:02:40 AM

none of this shit would occur, if she would've just stayed in the fcking kitchen...

anonymous 4/1/2015 9:06:16 AM

defending ones self by saying "nobody has any proof of this!" isnt a great defense.

anonymous 4/1/2015 2:09:13 PM

"good night otep"

anonymous 4/1/2015 5:45:06 PM

utterly false accusations about the two fingersutterly false accusations about the two fingersutterly false accusations about the two fingersutterly false accusations about the two fingersutterly false accusations about the two fingersutterly false accusations about the two fingers

anonymous 4/1/2015 6:07:00 PM

"good night otep" LOL

anonymous 4/2/2015 1:28:39 PM

just call a lawyer, sue for defamation, and shut the fck up.

anonymous 4/2/2015 6:22:29 PM

Patti Mayonnaise is hotter than otep

anonymous 4/3/2015 11:12:05 AM

well, she shouldn't have been standing on that table waving her puss puss around. Should have been 3 inches from the oven where it belongs.

SN00PY 4/3/2015 12:57:27 PM

Someone screen capture the Sworn Enemy story and posting it on Otep's band website

anonymous 4/5/2015 4:55:57 PM

anonymous 2 days ago well, she shouldn't have been standing on that table waving her puss puss around.  Should have been 3 inches from the oven where it belongs. rofl. Best. Comment. Ever.