NewsDecember 27, 2014 11:58 AM ET8,526 views

Set Your Goals comment on status of band

Though they never formally announced that they were taking a break, California pop punk/melodic hardcore band Set Your Goals has essentially been on hiatus for two years (there have been no official band-related announcements since December of 2012). This week vocalist Matt Wilson finally addressed the current state of SYG:
I've gotten a ton of angry messages asking for an answer on the status of the band. The truth is, we just don't know the future for certain and don't want to get people's hopes up or give any information that could end up being untrue. As a band, we are laying low for a while and busy individually with our adult lives. We haven't "broken up" per se, we're just focusing on other things for the time being. Here's what we've been up to: - Dan got married and will be moving to Atlanta, GA, next month. - Joe recently moved to Portland, OR, and plays in a band called Great Collapse. - Jordan returned to school and is pursuing film. He still needs another surgery before he can resume full use of his Achilles' tendons again, as far as I know. - Mike started ambrosewoodworks.com and builds high end tables, and plays in U.S. Light Brigade and What's Eating Gilbert. - Audelio had a daughter named Olivia, works for Glad Rags, and plays with What's Eating Gilbert. - I run a record label called Calaveras Records and started a band called Chains. I also work for Snoop Dogg doing tour merchandising and production. Hope that answers some of your questions.
Now you know.

anonymous 12/27/2014 9:13:08 AM

shit id work for snoop full time. thatd be tight

anonymous 12/27/2014 10:16:11 AM

I also work for Snoop Dogg doing tour merchandising and production.......soooOooOO ooooOO pop punk of you

anonymous 12/27/2014 10:45:43 AM

No one asked nor does anyone care. Put your head in the toilet and BLEED

genghisjohn 12/27/2014 11:17:57 AM

Set Your Poles. To enter gay butts

anonymous 12/27/2014 11:24:01 AM

Snoop Dogg can afford to keep paying and bands die everyday. I'd keep my job with snoop. At least you know you'll make money

anonymous 12/27/2014 11:26:16 AM

wtf... dude working with snoop dogg is like the reason to get into this shit anyway. fck the band stick with snoop

anonymous 12/27/2014 11:42:20 AM

This is Andrew Chumbley I've been waiting for this thread all year, CYC does more for hardcore than any of you sitting on fcking Lambgoat do They have toy drives for needy kids, they give money to have shows happen, they own a venue, they give bands $ to help them tour, they sign bands, what the hell are u doing for your scene? Your bullshit egos are what's ruining hardcore. I back CYC 150%. I can't wait for this fest. If you have an issue PLEASE message me on Facebook or twitter

anonymous 12/27/2014 12:22:08 PM

Smoke CAWK everyday!

anonymous 12/27/2014 1:44:30 PM

Gay boners are stoked

anonymous 12/27/2014 4:07:00 PM

AKA We finally realized this shit is becoming less enjoyable b/c as we get older we are putting growing up on the backburner and we finally came to our senses that we wanted family, careers and something that is worth more to live for. Wise choice guys, seriously.

anonymous 12/27/2014 5:58:57 PM

"I sell merch for snoop dog and fold and count t shirts every day for minimum wage, a per diem and a spot on the crew bus"

anonymous 12/27/2014 7:40:47 PM

In a way, don't we all work for Snoop Dogg?

anonymous 12/27/2014 7:43:13 PM

anonymous 12/27/2014 7:44:26 PM

^^^^ gaygot. No one cares about scenes or this band full of felchers. Dip your head into a french dip full of STOOL.

anonymous 12/27/2014 9:24:58 PM

Whatever. Band sucked after mutiny. No care .

anonymous 12/28/2014 12:10:38 PM

"I've gotten a ton of angry messages" He doesn't mention the angry messages are from people the band still owes money to. Not like they had any fans at the point they stopped touring.

anonymous 12/28/2014 1:11:37 PM

Saw Jordan in SF at a Jawbreaker anniversary shindig, seemed to be sad boy skanking just fine.....

anonymous 12/29/2014 2:23:09 AM

In this vast network of sharks and minnows where the minnows outnumber the sharks a million to one why have we yet to converge to take on the upper hand why have we been so scared well not today not anymore this is us growing up still young but no longer impressionable we have come to pillage we have come to burn we have come to incite the riot we have come to take it over heroes have betrayed we sing for better days won't sign our lives away to snoop dog merchandising

anonymous 12/29/2014 1:55:07 PM

^^^^^wut, no one cares about any of you. Take a long hard look into a boner

anonymous 12/30/2014 12:10:56 PM

^no care

anonymous 1/1/2015 6:01:13 AM

Nobody asked for an update. Egotist wanted to tell everyone he works for Snoop Dogg. Idiot!