NewsDecember 22, 2014 3:27 PM ET11,775 views

Harm's Way announces new album

Official press release: Rust is the new album from Chicago's Harms Way. Recorded at Bricktop Recordings by Andy Nelson (Weekend Nachos, Dead In The Dirt), mixed at GodCity studios by Kurt Ballou (Converge, High On Fire), and mastered by Brad Boatright at Audiosiege (Obituary, Nails), the album is brutally and meticulously refined. Rust brilliantly combines industrial repetition (think Godflesh), metal attack (think Sepultura, Helmet, Celtic Frost), and hardcore aggression, showing that Harms Way have emerged from the wreckage of past genres as the new high watermark of heavy in contemporary aggressive music. A March 10 release through Deathwish Inc. is scheduled. Harm's Way album cover Rust Opener "Infestation" stomps with machine-like precision before plunging into a depressing sonic dirge. While songs like "Law Of The Land", "Hope", "Cancerous Ways", and others introduce guitar and electronic driven atmospherics into the arsenal. These subtle dynamics bleed into other aspects of Rust as well. Mid-album beast "Left To Disintegrate" unfurls as an unforgettable anti-anthem ripe with infectious creeping metallic undertones, while "Amongst The Rust" and "Turn To Stone" introduce guest vocals from Colin Young (Twitching Tongues) and Emily Jancetic. Both of them adding haunting nuance to the brute force of the band. All of this leads to the epic closer "Ease My Mind"; a take-no-prisoners aural bludgeoning so heavy that it needs to be heard to be believed. Pre-order information and song premieres coming soon. Rust track listing: 01. Infestation 02. Law Of The Land 03. Cremation 04. Hope 05. Cancerous Ways 06. Amongst The Rust 07. Disintegrate 08. Docile Bodies 09. Turn To Stone 10. Ease My Mind

brassknuckleromance 12/22/2014 12:31:58 PM

could this be the HW record that finally gets me into them? I don't dislike this band, but I can't seem to really get into anything they've done so far. ALSO, NEW BLACKLISTED PREORDER AND MORE SELF DEFENSE FAMILY STUFF SOON PLEASE DEATHWISH, THANK YOU.

anonymous 12/22/2014 12:45:13 PM

The band is cool. Its fans are idiots.

anonymous 12/22/2014 12:52:46 PM

^ so you're an idiot then? I agree

anonymous 12/22/2014 12:53:54 PM

i will put on 20lbs of muscle due to this album

backseatkiller 12/22/2014 1:08:23 PM

if you can't get into no gods, no masters, there's no hope for you. very excited about this news.

fragmentedflesh 12/22/2014 1:20:49 PM

One of the heaviest bands out still doing it. I don't get why one dude in the band is a gym rat so they're just a "meathead lifting weights band" but I am very stoked for this album

anonymous 12/22/2014 1:24:11 PM

seth rudesill is not stoked

anonymous 12/22/2014 2:05:41 PM

I am stoked

marching_band_rules 12/22/2014 2:24:49 PM

i love harms way but this is going to be terrible

anonymous 12/22/2014 3:05:12 PM

Band is so boring. The vocal patterns are the exact same in every song.

thetowerofrome 12/22/2014 3:13:31 PM

Hell fcking yes. Been waiting furiously for new material. This sounds a bit odd though. Hopefully you are not right mbr.

anonymous 12/22/2014 7:30:24 PM

I dig this band but that press release is giving me douche chills

anonymous 12/22/2014 10:51:13 PM

album cover sucks

anonymous 12/22/2014 11:08:18 PM

anonymous 12/23/2014 2:31:09 AM

Aw goddamnit. The right answer was "it sounds like entombed and moshy napalm death"

anonymous 12/23/2014 3:03:55 AM

Is the vocalist still allergic to shirts?

anonymous 12/23/2014 4:59:58 AM

Band is so boring. The vocal patterns are the exact same in every song. permalink | report abuse I bet you love expire don't ya?

bitterlowz 12/23/2014 5:38:33 AM

I like this band but yes, the fcking vocal patterns are the same every song.

anonymous 12/23/2014 6:11:24 AM

Preorder packages for album include Harm's Way shaker and gym towel

anonymous 12/23/2014 8:31:02 AM

Lead singer is a gay and I am going to fcking fight him at the next show

anonymous 12/23/2014 2:09:33 PM

Band is so boring. The vocal patterns are the exact same in every song. You should check out this band Atilla they might be more of your thing I'll stick with Cursed.

anonymous 12/23/2014 10:35:17 PM

The singer used to play bass for expired youth. Everyone thought they broke up but I heard James at the members for protein. True story.

anonymous 12/23/2014 10:36:07 PM

The singer used to play bass for expired youth. Everyone thought they broke up but I heard James ate the members for protein. True story.

anonymous 12/24/2014 3:02:33 PM

Gucci mane is stoked.

anonymous 12/25/2014 7:07:17 AM

My corn just got puckered straight up!

shane_battier 12/26/2014 4:33:55 PM

Rust brilliantly combines industrial repetition (think Godflesh), metal attack (think Sepultura, Helmet, Celtic Frost), and hardcore aggression, ]Rust brilliantly combines industrial repetition (think Godflesh), metal attack (think Sepultura, Helmet, Celtic Frost), ]Rust brilliantly combines industrial repetition (think Godflesh), metal attack (think Sepultura, Helmet, Celtic Frost) ugh fck this band

ryaninstereo_ 12/28/2014 5:42:41 PM

good.

anonymous 12/29/2014 10:26:23 AM

because of a write up on lambgoat, this band sucks? false

anonymous 1/3/2015 6:52:38 AM

Its gonna sound like hardcore dudes trying to play death metal and failing miserably.