NewsDecember 21, 2014 11:50 AM ET6,951 views

Shadows Fall drummer joins Flotsam And Jetsam

Shadows Fall drummer Jason Bittner has officially joined the lineup of thrash metal veterans Flotsam and Jetsam. Bittner replaces Kelly Smith, who has amicably departed the band to focus on his family. Bittner has the following to say:
"I have been a Flotsam and Jetsam fan for decades, following the band around the East Coast in the eighties and nineties. "I've been lucky enough to be in the background of the Flotsam and Jetsam camp as a fan, supporter, and gear leader to my dear friend, Kelly David Smith. "I am hard at work relearning all the classic FLOTZ material and can't wait to record and tour with the band in 2015. "This will become my focus after the completion of the 2015 U.S. Shadows Fall hiatus tour, which will happen spring/summer 2015."

anonymous 12/21/2014 10:35:05 AM

"I am hard at work relearning all the classic FLOTZ material..." Just finished tracking the new Stigmata record.

anonymous 12/21/2014 11:15:39 AM

Jason, bring back BURNING HUMAN

anonymous 12/21/2014 11:19:18 AM

this is cool. jason and flotasm is gonna kill, though burning human is also great. jason played in crisis as well pre shadows fall as one of the drummer's on the hollowing and fred their old drummer told me jason used to be nervous of big crowds, but he got over that w shadows fall and is still one of the best drummers in the scene. stoked on this!!

anonymous 12/21/2014 3:59:28 PM

I'm glad some of the shadows fall guys are not letting their talents go to waste. Jon is killing it with Anthrax, good to hear a solid drummer like Jason is joining a legendary band. The giant squid singer was pretty sick on the early stuff, the other guys need to shit or get off the pot. No one knows who they are anymore!!!!

anonymous 12/21/2014 4:48:10 PM

seth rudesill is stoked

nodicenate 12/21/2014 9:03:34 PM

So that's why he left Toxik, I guess. Things have been moving really slowly for that band since they re-formed so I guess I can't blame him. I wish they would hurry up and put out that new record...

anonymous 12/21/2014 10:31:27 PM

pro drummer, good for you bro.

anonymous 12/22/2014 5:18:09 AM

hiatus tour hiatus tour hiatus tour hiatus tour hiatus tour hiatus tour hiatus tour hiatus tour hiatus tour hiatus tour

anonymous 12/22/2014 7:14:18 AM

Jason Newstead is stoked.

anonymous 12/22/2014 7:15:03 AM

And one more: Jason Newstead is stooooooked.