Periphery drummer shuts down Bandhappy

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 8:44 AM PT / 8,446 views

Bandhappy, the music education marketplace founded by Periphery drummer Matt Halpern in 2011, is shutting down. Halpern has issued the following statement:
"My name is Matt and i'm the founder of Bandhappy. Thank you all for the support over the past bunch of years - it's been great! As some of you may know, I am a very busy touring drummer and educator, and have been running Bandhappy on a "full-part-time" basis since we launched. With that said, i've been working on my band, Periphery for years now as well, and I am extremely lucky to be a part of a musical group that will occupy most of my time throughout 2015 and beyond. It is for this reason that we will be saying good bye for now from Bandhappy. "My goal has always been to connect musicians and teachers with their fans and students, and to help both parties support one another through education and meaningful interaction. We've be able to achieve this goal time and time again, and i believe all of our teachers and students will continue to work together even without Bandhappy in the mix. "I truly appreciate everyone who has been a part of this company, and I have the utmost respect for all of our teachers and supporters who have believed in me and Bandhappy's mission from the start. "Thank you all. This has been so much fun, and I look forward to connecting with all of you again in the future. "With love and appreciation, we're signing off. Onward and upward!"
(thanks, Metal Sucks)

anonymous 11/19/2014 9:15:56 AM

fck periphery

shane_battier 11/19/2014 10:48:22 AM

ahh what a bummer. this was such an awesome idea.

anonymous 11/19/2014 12:53:17 PM

Programming drums is hard work.

anonymous 11/19/2014 1:09:39 PM

Pay people to run the company for you.

anonymous 11/19/2014 4:01:33 PM

I don't know if the drums are programmed on their albums or not, but regardless, that dude can groove. And I don't even like that djent shit.

anonymous 11/19/2014 4:08:30 PM

I thought it was an interesting idea, but didn't think it would last even as long as it did.

anonymous 11/19/2014 7:15:27 PM

Now what will shitty metalcore drummers put in their instagram bio?

anonymous 11/19/2014 11:51:06 PM

"Now what will shitty metalcore drummers put in their instagram bio?" ^^^^ THIS

anonymous 11/20/2014 12:18:14 AM

How the fck will I ever get my guitar lessons from Emmure ever again

anonymous 11/20/2014 7:25:31 AM

teach me how to dougie teach me teach me how to dougie

anonymous 11/20/2014 5:07:57 PM

Hi I'm Matt im already washed up.

anonymous 11/20/2014 7:31:13 PM

Homeboy can definitely groove. Respect

anonymous 11/21/2014 8:46:28 PM

Blah blah shut up

anonymous 11/22/2014 10:27:35 AM

hes a awesome drummer. i do wonder, at times what the faceless internet shit talkers do with their life. given some are probably successful. but it is funny how pathetic some of them are.