NewsSeptember 16, 2014 8:52 PM ET7,750 views

Northlane singer explains why he left the band

Adrian Fitipaldes, whose departure from Northlane was announced this past weekend, has issued the following statement:
I understand that the news of my departure from Northlane is a huge shock to everyone, so naturally I wanted to briefly explain why I decided to make this life changing decision. "Long story short, for the majority of my career in Northlane I had been experiencing severe vocal issues. My voice had fully blown out more times than I could count and overtime has reduced my vocal endurance to the point where any screaming at all takes a toll on my voice. With the busy touring schedule Northlane has it became increasingly difficult to manage the situation and started becoming a real source of stress physically and mentally for myself. Sadly it got to a point where I wasn't able to enjoy the dream we had worked so hard to realise. "When I look back on my years in Northlane I am thankful for all the wonderful and crazy experiences we shared together on the road. Being in Northlane directly influenced the person I am today and I am proud of who I've become. These past years have been crucial in the development and transition from my teenage life into adulthood. "I am and will continue to keep active creatively, I will be releasing more of my poetry, photography and possibly my own music in the near future as well. Though above all my own happiness and well being is my main focus at the moment. "Northlane will continue as a band without me and I have no doubt they will continue to achieve even greater feats of creativity and songwriting. I wish my brothers all the best in their future endeavors. This isn't the end but rather a new beginning for everyone. "I want to thank the band, my family and friends, everyone at UNFD, everyone who I was able to meet during my travels, including all the supporters who made it out to the shows to help me shout out the lyrics and move to the music. I'm eternally thankful for all of you. Your love and support was and has always been a continuing source of inspiration. "This isn't goodbye, rather I'll see you all later. Follow your heart, chase your dreams and do what's makes you happy, life is too short to live any other way. "Peace and love for all."

Related Lambgoat Video content:

anonymous 9/16/2014 6:03:44 PM

realise

anonymous 9/16/2014 6:03:53 PM

I'm going to be the new singer

anonymous 9/16/2014 6:12:27 PM

Realise = correct in the UK, Australia, and other English-speaking nations using the English style of spelling. Realize = American.

anonymous 9/16/2014 7:23:52 PM

Not surprised his voice is strained as fck,dude is a fcking monster.

anonymous 9/16/2014 7:25:35 PM

Poor little half abo amateur.

anonymous 9/16/2014 7:25:40 PM

"I understand that the news of my departure from Northlane is a huge shock to everyone" fck yourself

anonymous 9/16/2014 7:46:34 PM

"Peace and love for all.""Peace and love for all.""Peace and love for all.""Peace and love for all.""Peace and love for all.""Peace and love for all.""Peace and love for all."

anonymous 9/16/2014 8:15:47 PM

"follow your heart, chase your dreams, do what makes you happy" thanks man

anonymous 9/16/2014 9:10:34 PM

iWinYouLose 9/16/2014 9:19:09 PM

"Long story short, for the majority of my career in Northlane" Long story Short Career pssy

anonymous 9/16/2014 9:40:29 PM

Long story short I'm gonna write another five hundred words no counts gonna care about

anonymous 9/16/2014 9:42:52 PM

i think his butt got reamed out too hard while in the band, thats why he quit

anonymous 9/16/2014 11:21:54 PM

We will never hear from dude again. Sucks, because Northlane was one of the most interesting bands to come out in a minute. They'll continute though, and when ex-frontman's new career as a DJ or poet or whatever sucks shit, he'll regret not touring the world and hanging with his bros 24/7. get cranked nerd, learn something from this bro wise up

anonymous 9/17/2014 1:19:56 AM

"Life is too short to live any other way"....Life is theee longest thing we do, ya dumbass

anonymous 9/17/2014 3:23:23 AM

One too many cones of DMT

anonymous 9/17/2014 4:25:11 AM

WHO???

anonymous 9/17/2014 6:44:17 AM

"We will never hear from dude again. Sucks, because Northlane was one of the most interesting bands to come out" ^^ 16 year old Australian kid who got into hardcore last week

anonymous 9/17/2014 6:58:11 AM

Is it canceled or cancelled?

anonymous 9/17/2014 7:19:55 AM

"^^ 16 year old Australian kid who got into hardcore last week" ^^ Scott Vogel

shane_battier 9/17/2014 9:35:41 AM

shane_battier 9/17/2014 9:37:36 AM

my name is Regi - I met you guys in Boise if you happen to read this I'd be happy to try out, if you guys ever need another vocalist im all up for it. my other bands failed. i was the only one making the music. If you are interested contact me at myspace.com/tragicxromanti c im hoping this is an elaborate troll attempt and not real life.

anonymous 9/17/2014 6:12:57 PM

lol @ the dumb gay who couldnt be bothered to watch 2 melissa cross dvds and figure out how not blow his throat out. THIS. Anyone who was alive in 2007 knew about that hoe and her screaming videos

anonymous 9/17/2014 10:21:23 PM

Piece of shit above me. I have not seen you changing from lows to singing to mids in rapid succession every night for the last few years. Not to mention writing such deep material at such a young age. Therefore, shut your fcking mouth you swine

anonymous 9/18/2014 1:23:57 AM

realize* dumb wanker. get a mall job since you wanna act like a retarded swag f@g

anonymous 9/18/2014 3:53:53 AM

""I am and will continue to keep active creatively, I will be releasing more of my poetry, photography" Is the singer a dude or a teenage fat girl?

anonymous 9/18/2014 9:07:57 AM

get a real fcking job you queer nobody wants to read your poetry or see your photography

anonymous 9/18/2014 10:32:29 AM

Fatfcks are not stoked

anonymous 10/6/2014 5:49:51 PM

There are so many dumb people commenting on this. Seriously. Dumb dumb dumb. awesome band and vocalist. Too bad.