Exodus to release new album in October

Thursday, July 31, 2014 1:33 PM PT / 3,057 views

Official press release: Legendary thrash metal band Exodus have revealed the never-before-seen album art for their upcoming album, Blood In, Blood Out, hitting retail and digital stores on October 14, 2014 via Nuclear Blast Records. The album art was illustrated by Swedish artist Par Olofsson, known worldwide for his incredible renderings that have graced the covers of countless heavy metal albums, including Exodus' Let There Be Blood. Exodus album cover The concept for the art was impressively envisaged by Olofsson based on the album title alone, as Gary Holt explains, "The concept came from Par Olofsson – I fed him the title and he immediately came up with the final concept, and it's perfect! One of my favorite covers we've ever done and it fits the title and theme to a T!" Blood In, Blood Out is Exodus' 10th studio album, and marks the band's first release with new vocalist Steve "Zetro" Souza since 2004's Tempo of the Damned. It was also just announced via Rolling Stone that Metallica guitarist Kirk Hammett churned out a special guest solo for one of the tracks on the album. More details are set to be released soon, including release dates, track listing information, pre-order specifics, and more.

anonymous 7/31/2014 1:43:28 PM

They just came to my small town of Washington. there were only like 13 people in the crowd but they definitely gave us what we came for.

anonymous 7/31/2014 1:45:04 PM

hahaha these guys used to be a rap rock band....i was in a band and we played a few shows with them in St.louis and the were all g-funk.

anonymous 7/31/2014 1:47:32 PM

Yeah, band with no fans to speak of who 25 years in still think they're going to be the next Metallica

anonymous 7/31/2014 1:48:37 PM

Exodus were never as good as Bloodlet.

anonymous 7/31/2014 1:49:59 PM

my captcha is basement.

anonymous 7/31/2014 1:55:46 PM

from what ive heard it took these guys quite a long time 5 yrs or so for these guys to get signed back in he 80s and look how far they've made it I hope to one day be able to say the same for my band ( Physics Of Demise) the musics good just haven't gotten that break all bands get like us facebook but I admit im losin my patients with some of you here

ineedmoresalt 7/31/2014 4:24:09 PM

^ lol

anonymous 7/31/2014 4:37:46 PM

Physics of Demise: We came looking for support. We left feeling stupid.

genghisjohn 8/1/2014 3:25:39 AM

^^^ No one cares about your eternally-anonymous band Dig this artwork, but what's with the title?