NewsJuly 23, 2014 11:16 PM ET10,493 views

Oli Sykes reveals that he was addicted to Ketamine

While accepting the award for "Album Of The Year" at the inaugural Alternative Press Music Awards in Cleveland, Ohio on Monday night (July 21), Bring Me The Horizon frontman Oli Sykes revealed that he was addicted to the drug Ketamine (aka Special K) not too long ago. Here's what he had to say:
"I want to say something that I never thought I'd actually talk about. Before we wrote 'Sempiternal', I was a fucking drug addict. I was addicted to a drug called ketamine; I was on it for years and I was fucked off my head. My band wanted to kill me, my parents wanted to kill me, and my fucking brother wanted to kill me; everyone wanted to kill me, everybody wanted to fucking take me to hell, but they didn't. They stood by me, they supported me through all of that shit and we wrote 'Sempiternal' because of it and... "No one fucking knows, no one fucking knows this, but I went to rehab for a month, and through that time, as well as my fucking band and my family, you guys... you had no fucking idea that I was in rehab... but you were sending me letters, you were sending me texts, you were sending me fucking emails. "And when I got out of that rehab I didn't want to fucking scream anymore, I wanted to sing it from the fucking rooftops. And it's all thanks to you, so thank you very much."

sfthizz 7/23/2014 8:25:27 PM

wow, one month. shut the fck up.

as_i_laycrying 7/23/2014 8:26:40 PM

Dumb fcking gay. Go suck a fat one.

anonymous 7/23/2014 8:30:37 PM

Go fcking k hole you piece of shit.

anonymous 7/23/2014 8:31:44 PM

Who? What?

anonymous 7/23/2014 8:39:37 PM

anonymous 7/23/2014 8:41:47 PM

Megan here, BMTH ROCKS!

Snoopy2 7/23/2014 8:43:43 PM

Have fun pissing out blood and getting your bladder amputated like Nancy Lee you stupid date beat piece of shit

mummified_circuitry 7/23/2014 8:51:20 PM

dude sorta looks like pedro from napoleon dynamite in that screencap

anonymous 7/23/2014 9:07:44 PM

Eh, pretty ballsy to own up to your mistakes and he makes more money than I do. Cool by me.

anonymous 7/23/2014 9:13:07 PM

Special K is one hellava drug

cuse666 7/23/2014 9:30:26 PM

Warped tour=k addiction

anonymous 7/23/2014 10:01:04 PM

The episode of Drugs Inc. about Ketamine was disturbing.

anonymous 7/23/2014 10:37:21 PM

he looks like a damn k head

anonymous 7/23/2014 10:39:39 PM

B list rockstar, lol

anonymous 7/23/2014 11:15:57 PM

Hopefully he goes back to it and overdoses.

anonymous 7/23/2014 11:21:46 PM

You're all jerks, I don't like BMTH either but being addicted to drugs is lame. Cool to hear he's doing good

anonymous 7/23/2014 11:29:59 PM

Funny how a lot of people say drugs make you a better musician. The latest album is the only album I've enjoyed by this band.

anonymous 7/24/2014 1:59:28 AM

I went to rehab for a month I went to rehab for a month I went to rehab for a month I went to rehab for a month I went to rehab for a month I went to rehab for a month I went to rehab for a month I went to rehab for a month I went to rehab for a month I went to rehab for a month I went to rehab for a month I went to rehab for a month I went to rehab for a month I went to rehab for a month

anonymous 7/24/2014 2:18:05 AM

Let the dumb fcker die from overdose .

anonymous 7/24/2014 2:49:35 AM

"You ever suck some dck for Ketamine?" - Bob Saget.

anonymous 7/24/2014 3:46:10 AM

Lol I was waiting for you guys to post this. Of all the drugs you could get addicted to... fcking Ketamine!? Jesus. It's not even fun

anonymous 7/24/2014 9:49:28 AM

Bring Me the Horizon is music for gays

anonymous 7/24/2014 10:00:13 AM

Is that a record for saying the word "f**k" in that short a time? That being said it's a sad realization of how f**ked up metal is now that he's even holding that award.

anonymous 7/24/2014 10:58:37 AM

hahhahah his insides are probabaly fcked for life from snorting that shit. its like snorting glass

anonymous 7/24/2014 11:33:48 AM

so? no one talks about this shit, especially at an awards show, unless all they really want out of it is attention. should have done your rehab and put it behind you...noooooooo, gotta make a spectacle of yourself. sit down.

anonymous 7/24/2014 11:44:04 AM

This was known amongst 'the scene' for a long time, full respect to him for owning it.

anonymous 7/24/2014 12:00:35 PM

^yea, own it and keep it to yourself.

anonymous 7/24/2014 12:11:46 PM

nah, fck that stiff upper lip bullshit. addiction sucks and people need to know that even their favorite boy band-metal vocalist can fall victim to it

anonymous 7/24/2014 1:33:55 PM

drugs are bad mmmmmk

anonymous 7/24/2014 3:28:45 PM

Atleast my n*gga Frankie dont need rehab ....n*gga knows how to maintain

anonymous 7/24/2014 6:45:31 PM

We did a little bit of a publicity thing… And people thought… We said I was missing and then they turned it into this big thing and it became a pretty serious issue... people calling the cops where we were from, stuff like that... and it became a thing, and you know what, then everybody now hates what we did. Whatever, they're blaming me and it was like, you know what? I'm [going to] come out with ropes on my hands put the ropes on and take it even further.

Snoopy2 7/24/2014 7:47:55 PM

I've seen peers his age banging ketamine straight into their blood stream. Shit is NOT pretty at all. Makes you a fcking corpse, and half the time, they are too fcked to pull the needle out their arm the minute the substance shoots in.

anonymous 7/24/2014 8:15:40 PM

God, turned this off immediately upon seeing Mark Hoppus and his stupid haircut. Would rather have respiratory failure while trying to climb my way out of a K-hole than pay any attention to this.

Snoopy2 7/25/2014 10:30:06 AM

K is a pandemic in the Greater Toronto Area. At night time you see kids barely sixteen in candy bracelets and fluffy tails physically and incapacitated in front of major downtown malls. And after mid night these people, mostly from good homes and families, shoot up this substance in parks next to co-op housing units. Their mobile playlists consist of crap coincidentally not far from BMTH, Whitechapel, Capture The Crown, and all that unbearable middle class scene garbage. Go figure.

anonymous 7/25/2014 11:18:17 AM

Shoulda stayed on drugs. Count your blessings was better

anonymous 7/25/2014 11:46:17 AM

What a fcking queer. HE should piss on himself and his own mother then OD on ketamine and tell me where the good weed is, so I can shoot him for giving me a regs connect.

anonymous 7/25/2014 6:49:04 PM

One question... who actually cares? I'm an alcoholic and I don't go bragging

anonymous 7/25/2014 9:24:51 PM

does this dude have aids or whatever?

anonymous 7/26/2014 6:56:41 PM

Shut your mouth you pssy. Can you OD on that shit? Hopefully you relapse, and OD, prick boy.

anonymous 7/26/2014 9:29:31 PM

Rehab is gay.

snoopy2 7/27/2014 6:43:51 AM

What's funny about this drug is that it's entirely a psychological addiction. It's an anasthetic that was used on human beings back in Vietnam and still used to comatose horses and cats. You can't be physically dependent on this shit like heroin. You crave it because your mind tells you to crave it. It's entirely a psychosomatic phenomenon. On that note I am addicted to cotton candy.

anonymous 7/29/2014 10:09:58 AM

bring me the ketamine

anonymous 7/27/2015 9:05:16 PM

"If I pretend I don't know who Oli Sykes is and say something mean can I hang out with you guys?" as long as you let us know someone/something is stoked

anonymous 7/27/2015 9:06:28 PM

wait... album of the year?!? are you fcking kidding me?

anonymous 3/4/2016 7:15:08 AM

Have fun pissing out blood and getting your bladder amputated like Nancy Lee you stupid date(<--- what?) beat piece of shit<---p0sted by Snoopy2 give it the fck up you trailer trash piece of dog shit-you are NOT funny in the least bit, you chose the name "snoopy" because he was a peanuts character-you get excited because "peanuts" sounds similar to "penis..." scrotum muncher.