NewsMarch 10, 2014 2:47 PM ET5,412 views

Killer Be Killed (Mastodon, DEP) LP out in May

Official press release: Killer Be Killed, the new band comprised of Max Cavalera (Soulfly, ex-Sepultura), Greg Puciato (The Dillinger Escape Plan), Troy Sanders (Mastodon) and Dave Elitch (ex-The Mars Volta), will release their debut album on May 9 (Europe), May 12 (UK) and May 13 (N. America) via Nuclear Blast Entertainment. The upcoming self-titled release was produced and mixed by Josh Wilbur whose production credits include work with Gojira, Lamb of God, Hatebreed, Avenged Sevenfold, and Escape The Fate. Cover art and packaging was executed by Ryan Clark of Invisible Creature Design, the Grammy nominated design firm whose clients include Alice In Chains, Foo Fighters, Chris Cornell, Devildriver, Monster Magnet, Wolfmother, and Demon Hunter. Killer Be Killed album cover "He's a Polish worker in the back of a dark truck, but he looked like a criminal to me," explains Clark about his choice for the cover's image. "Multiplying his face seemed to give him a sort of split personality/schizophrenic vibe, which feels like a good mesh. Not just for the band name but the idea of a (for the lack of a better term) super-group." Killer Be Killed track listing: 01. Wings of Feather And Wax 02. Face Down 03. Melting Of My Marrow 04. Snakes of Jehova 05. Curb Crusher 06. Save The Robots 07. Fire To Your Flag 08. I.E.D. 09. Dust Into Darkness 10. Twelve Labors 11. Forbidden Fire BONUS TRACK: 12. Ghosts Of Chernobyl (vinyl only)

anonymous 3/10/2014 12:06:45 PM

thank you for your deep and crucial thoughts into this magnificent piece of work you've created Mr. Clark. I look forward to more from you!

anonymous 3/10/2014 12:19:11 PM

Name is whack but I'll give it a listen.

anonymous 3/10/2014 12:39:19 PM

Polish workers are stoked.

anonymous 3/10/2014 12:53:28 PM

this is going to sound like nu-metal i can feel it

brassknuckleromance 3/10/2014 1:25:59 PM

interesting

thetowerofrome 3/10/2014 1:41:16 PM

Interesting indeed.

anonymous 3/10/2014 1:44:11 PM

^that's a croc of shit, this has been done by other bands prob 20 times now

anonymous 3/10/2014 3:29:27 PM

My bet is this will be very stupid and gay.

anonymous 3/10/2014 3:42:16 PM

anonymous 3/10/2014 8:17:59 PM

Individual bands stink, this will most certainly blow chunks

anonymous 3/11/2014 4:14:28 AM

Haha you are out of your mind if you think any of these dudes would ever play in a deathcore band.

therearetoomanybands 3/11/2014 6:29:30 AM

There is no way this will be good

anonymous 3/11/2014 8:28:58 AM

Lol @ Polish worker looked like a criminal. He was just an honest, hard-working Pakistani but he looked a terrorist to me.

anonymous 3/11/2014 10:26:39 AM

You idiots are off your rockers. This is gonna rule.

anonymous 3/11/2014 2:19:35 PM

"good" will be subjective. This will be good.

thetowerofrome 3/12/2014 3:04:35 PM

anonymous1 day ago The production will be solid I can guarnatee. I am not the hugest deathcore fan in the world except White Chapel & All shall perish rule. I have to say this is going to be. heavy. as. fck. LOL