Brutal Truth founder to retire; band breaking up

Friday, January 10, 2014 9:44 AM PT / 4,979 views
Veteran metal musician Dan Lilker has announced that later this year he "will be retiring from being a full time recording and touring musician." According to Lilker, this will spell the end for NYC grindcore outfit Brutal Truth, which he founded. Lilker has issued the following statement:
"I regret to inform Brutal Truth fans that as of October 18th, 2014, I will be retiring from being a full time recording and touring musician. That date is my 50th birthday, so I chose it symbolically as a significant milestone to make such a weighty decision. As a lot of you know, I've been an active member of the metal scene since the early 80s with the thrash metal bands I've been in before the formation of Brutal Truth in 1990, and I'm simply just tired of the rigors of touring mostly. Unlike some of my peers from the 80's who went on to sell millions of records I have always been drawn to extreme underground metal. I don't care about staying in 5 star hotels and having a big cushy tour bus but I am getting tired of squeezing into a van for 8 hours after all these years on the road. I have always played what I believe in and that is been priority #1, but the time has come to have a little bit more stability in my life. "Brutal Truth will still be active on the touring front until mid-October and will aim to do as much as we can in the next 9 months or so. After that, I will still have creative output with my 2 local bands in Rochester NY, Nokturnal Hellstorm and Blurring and do the occasional project tour, but yes, as of mid-October, Brutal Truth will no longer exist. I do realize that will be an extreme disappointment to all the grind freaks out there that have supported this band so rabidly all these years, and your enthusiasm will always have a special place in my heart, but I've made my decision, and I hope everyone can respect that. "Please note that messages sent to the Brutal Truth facebook will not be answered as I do not have my own personal facebook page therefore I do not have access."

anonymous 1/10/2014 9:52:03 AM

Wow. Is this lambgoat? Not one snarky comment? Im pleasantly suprised.

anonymous 1/10/2014 10:00:27 AM

Well good run I must say.

anonymous 1/10/2014 10:31:00 AM

*** I Am Incredibly Horny*** I just want to get laid. I'm a thick girl who just wants an attractive guy to come over, lick my pssy, and then fck me until I'm screaming. I am also looking in need of somebody who knows how to work there thing in my butt. That is how I want it, so I would rather deal with a guy who has experience. I'm a girl with a tremendous sexual appetite so you would have big steps to fill if we decide to have action. www.juggs8m.net

anonymous 1/10/2014 10:33:46 AM

The drums are programmed on most there stuff, therefore good riddence.

anonymous 1/10/2014 10:35:25 AM

This band bothers me. Painfully formulaic and produced, super gimmicky. Well there's my two-cents LG...

anonymous 1/10/2014 10:36:08 AM

How many years til I can jock this band?

anonymous 1/10/2014 10:41:23 AM

Dan Lilker's mom/10. So hot, 45 yr old and VF(Very F**kable). Enjoys to give dudes handjobs for fun, and look at them c*m.

anonymous 1/10/2014 10:54:53 AM

This guys a psycho, met him once ,too many psycho's out there.

anonymous 1/10/2014 10:55:31 AM

nobody listened to your crap "music" aka "shit" anyways, have fun in a retirement home

anonymous 1/10/2014 10:55:46 AM

^well maybe you need to look in the mirror

anonymous 1/10/2014 10:57:13 AM

^^^^^^^^^^I don't make crap "music" like this "shit", maybe you should look in the toilet.

anonymous 1/10/2014 11:02:16 AM

Is spat my drink over my dog because of the two comments above!

anonymous 1/10/2014 11:12:03 AM

Brutal Truth's set at NEMHF is always very painful to sit through

anonymous 1/10/2014 11:56:09 AM

Social Security flip

anonymous 1/10/2014 12:39:29 PM

Love this band but shouldn't they should continue on and recrute a more risilint frontman, like Phil from whitechapel, Cj from Thy Art and Disfiguring the Goddess or Johnny Davy

anonymous 1/10/2014 12:42:12 PM

Joe Ptacek would fill in perfectly for them. ^

anonymous 1/10/2014 12:57:21 PM

Dan Lilker thinks the band is done, they're not. The rest of the band haven't told him but they have this guy Mark they've been trying on for vox, Brutal Truth will play again and be spectacular. They make too much $$ to just up and quit cos their frontman wants to focus more on his art projects.

SuckMeBeautiful 1/10/2014 1:28:46 PM

where the fck did I miss where Lilker is the front man of this band?

anonymous 1/10/2014 1:29:12 PM

"Social Security flip" Bunch of political freaks on this site.

MarginError 1/10/2014 1:46:09 PM

wtf is going on with these comments? Lilker doesn't sing, so who the fck is mark trying out for "vox?" Also, Suggesting people from deathcore bands? This is Brutal fcking Truth. Easily one of the best and most important grind bands of the last 25 years.

anonymous 1/10/2014 6:31:43 PM

Why don't you marry them if you like them so much?

anonymous 1/10/2014 7:15:53 PM

idk whats going on with these comment, about the frontman I'm still trying to wrap my head around the super horny chick (comment 3) if she's real or not? If so, holy shit.

ed_money 1/11/2014 1:03:49 PM

This is the gayest news update ever. Nobody cares what that lurch does.

anonymous 1/11/2014 1:35:08 PM

Have any of you posers actually listened to Brutal Truth before? Since when are "the drums programmed" and "Lilker's the frontman?"

anonymous 1/11/2014 5:43:47 PM

Brutal Truth breaks up, deathcore newjacks shit talk a band they've never heard of.

willy_wanker 1/12/2014 7:16:49 AM

great band, not very unexpected news

anonymous 1/12/2014 10:14:03 AM

Bunch of falses on this site. If you don't know Brutal Truth, you don't know anything about grindcore or decent music - simple as. F@gg0ts. Smoke/Grind/Sleep.

anonymous 1/12/2014 10:36:45 AM

He did it all for the nookie.

anonymous 1/13/2014 1:05:46 AM

maybe you should look in the toilet. LOLOL