NewsJuly 23, 2013 4:34 PM ET9,557 views

Converge issues "Summer 2013 Update"

Converge has put forth a brief update on the band and its members. Here you go:
Thanks to everyone who came out and supported our recent shows/touring. For now, there are no Converge shows planned for the remainder of 2013. In the meantime, here is what the members of the band will be up to: Kurt: Recording and engineering projects at his God City Studios. Notable new records out now (or soon) from Modern Life Is War, Skeletonwitch, Beastmilk, Phantom Glue, Kvelertak, and more. Jake: Running the Deathwish label with a great crew of people, New Fine Art, Gallery Show, and Print Projects, releasing new music under the Wear Your Wounds name. Nate: New Doomriders album coming soon on Deathwish, Doomriders touring, etc. Ben: New All Pigs Must Die releases coming soon on Nonbeliever and Southern Lord. New Converge apparel and items will be coming soon in our online store. Lastly, we will also takes this time to put the finishing touches on the new Converge DVD/Film release. It's been a long time coming but will be worth the wait for sure.

anonymous 7/23/2013 1:42:00 PM

I want a Pantera cover record.

anonymous 7/23/2013 1:56:25 PM

we will also takes this time we will also takes this time we will also takes this time we will also takes this time we will also takes this time we will also takes this time we will also takes this time we will also takes this time we will also takes this time we will also takes this time we will also takes this time we will also takes this time

anonymous 7/23/2013 1:59:37 PM

anonymous 7/23/2013 2:07:22 PM

I haven't listened to this band since Aaron Dalbec left.

anonymous 7/23/2013 2:11:22 PM

I met Damon Bellorado in the 90s. Seemed like a dick head.

jebus 7/23/2013 2:42:22 PM

Jake: Putting splatters on things.

anonymous 7/23/2013 2:53:08 PM

new doomriders is the only thing that matters about this news

anonymous 7/23/2013 3:00:50 PM

I was hoping this statement was going to be about them ending this shitty band forever.

iwilladapt 7/23/2013 3:41:16 PM

anonymous1 hour ago I want a Pantera cover record. no.

iwilladapt 7/23/2013 3:42:14 PM

iwilladapt 7/23/2013 3:46:13 PM

Excited about new Modern Life Is War and the new All Pigs Must Die is pretty good. Though I would trade APMD for The Hope Conspiracy in a second. I can live without everything else.

anonymous 7/23/2013 4:33:54 PM

IAMA_Sloth_AMA 7/23/2013 4:46:47 PM

Why is Deathwish Inc putting out MLIW, they have go to be one of the worst bands in existence, along side Nickelback.

anonymous 7/23/2013 4:48:30 PM

anonymous 12 minutes ago 16 year old kids posting are not impressed. Converge is legendary, fck that the haters, finally hit puberty and think that your opinion somewhat matters now. ballflip How does Jacob Bannon's dick taste bro?

anonymous 7/23/2013 4:49:54 PM

anonymous 7/23/2013 5:31:37 PM

anonymous1 hour ago Most overrated crew of art gays ever. Shit band, shit "values", trayvon supporters and the list goes on. I hope they kill themselves this summer. FSU to the front. how are you even able to navigate the internet? With ease, gay. I'm 32, this band has always sucked. You're probably an 18 year old hipster

anonymous 7/23/2013 6:03:46 PM

Anyone who talks shit about this band adored them 4 years ago.

anonymous 7/23/2013 6:14:48 PM

anonymous 7/23/2013 6:29:46 PM

anonymous12 minutes ago Most overrated crew of art gays ever. Shit band, shit "values", trayvon supporters and the list goes on. I hope they kill themselves this summer. FSU to the front. what means fsu? fat-stupid-ugly??? fcking dickhead!!! permalink | report abuse We real dog. Don't get yo shit twisted. Come pop off in mass where we stay deep on steez. Y'all bitches weak

anonymous 7/23/2013 6:32:17 PM

I'm 40 and I love this band. And Doomriders. And All Pig Must Die. I am not the bigger Deathwish Inc. Fan, however. There's about 30 releases you really need, and 60 you don't.

anonymous 7/23/2013 6:36:20 PM

This band is and has always been shit.

anonymous 7/23/2013 7:00:47 PM

anonymous 7/23/2013 7:22:55 PM

I was curious how long it was gonna be before lambgoat hated converge. I guess the time has come.

anonymous 7/23/2013 7:38:34 PM

Converge are art gays now? Stop buying xbox live points with your mom's credit card and get a job or something you pimple-faced queers. You might know what good music was if you didn't have a 9pm curfew. Dickholes.

anonymous 7/23/2013 7:43:16 PM

anonymous 7/23/2013 7:47:24 PM

Remember when hardcore kids knew their roots? Show some respect junior

anonymous 7/23/2013 8:34:49 PM

I've always hated Converge, you piece of shit.

anonymous 7/23/2013 9:23:29 PM

But you've always loved men

brassknuckleromance 7/23/2013 9:25:53 PM

curious to see the new print stuff, the DVD (hope it has recent show footage of last 2 or 3 years), and hear the new MLIW. I'm DWHQ has some surprises in store BUT WHAT ABOUT THAT SELF DEFENSE FAMILY LP GUYS!??!??!!!??!? I NEED THAT SHIT!!!!!! thanks.

anonymous 7/23/2013 10:28:53 PM

They should take a few years off and write another Jane Doe, instead of pumping out these regurgitated and completely underwhelming records.

anonymous 7/23/2013 11:21:03 PM

"anonymous 12 minutes ago 16 year old kids posting are not impressed. Converge is legendary, fck that the haters, finally hit puberty and think that your opinion somewhat matters now. ballflip" you're 30 years old and still into hardcore. how pathetic. yes I suppose at 30 years old it is now time to enjoy soft classics like air supply WHOA WHOA WHOA. DON'T TALK SHIT ABOUT AIR SUPPLY. Yours Truly and News From Nowhere basically got me through high school.

anonymous 7/24/2013 12:31:48 AM

I'm 69 and full of c-m

RickRock 7/24/2013 12:36:09 AM

I want to pee pee where you poo poo.

iwilladapt 7/24/2013 2:50:30 AM

anonymous1 hour ago With ease, gay. I'm 32, this band has always sucked. You're probably an 18 year old hipster you're 32, angry and calling someone a gay on the internet because you posted a comment in which you come across like an idiot. lol, amazing

anonymous 7/24/2013 5:20:39 AM

and then you call them out, douche

anonymous 7/24/2013 6:53:54 AM

So... When we hit our 30s, we are supposed to go from his hero is gone to kings of leon?

anonymous 7/24/2013 8:20:12 AM

Yeah when you hit 30 your opinion no longer matters and we're supposed to listen to sports radio. In all seriousness though, you're being called a gay most likely because you're a gay. Nice Pierce The Veil t-shirt you putz.

anonymous 7/24/2013 8:40:33 AM

Recipe for a Converge album: Shitty rah rah rah vocals that have no variation. Add distortion to mask how weak his screams are. Bunch of random riffs in a random order. No attempt at cohesive songwriting or structure. Lyrics so emo you'd expect to find them on a My Chemical Romance album. Cover art with splatters all over it. Skulls / birds / other pointless imagery optional.

anonymous 7/24/2013 9:23:19 AM

Since when is Converge a big enough band to where they issue statements like 'update on what we're up to right now'. Seriously? Who gives a fck? You're not even that great of a band.

Dyami_LIAV 7/24/2013 9:25:55 AM

"Guess what, 30 year olds are funding your scene. We run everything you like. And when your 30 some little douche bag kid who thinks he's the shit is going to say the same thing. And you'll be like "mhmhmhhhmhmhmhmhhhmmmm" because someone's c-ck is in your mouth." ----- I LOLED!

anonymous 7/24/2013 9:41:42 AM

Converge sucks.I'm going to go listen to Attack Attack till my parents make me do my chores.

anonymous 7/24/2013 11:01:05 AM

Recipe for converge album made me laugh for 10 min.!

anonymous 7/24/2013 11:04:51 AM

If only converge broke up 15 years ago, all of this would have never happened...

anonymous 7/24/2013 11:53:58 AM

Never heard of this band. No care.

anonymous 7/24/2013 2:33:14 PM

I'm not a scene kid, just never been into converge. Rorschach and Cave In did that style better imo. Besides, Jacob bannon's lyrics read like bad high school hipster poetry and his vocals sound like a coughing dog (don't believe me? go see them live.) overrated band is overrated.

anonymous 7/24/2013 3:20:09 PM

This band is for pretentious hipsters

anonymous 7/24/2013 8:25:11 PM

MLIW and Converge are the farthest thing from shitty, hipster garbage. All of your opinions are invalid. Go chomp curb, you fcking imbeciles. Especially the idiot who said that Converge hasn't released anything good since Jane Doe. I would cringe at your list of "notable and worthy" bands. fcking amateurs.

anonymous 7/24/2013 8:48:16 PM

anonymous 7/24/2013 11:57:20 PM

His vocals are even worse when he's not hiding behind the distortion and studio effects. Seriously, watch this live video or any others and tell me he's not the worst part of this band with a straight face: http://youtu.be/za3gMIHki2 o

iwilladapt 7/25/2013 12:52:21 AM

anonymous4 hours ago wrong mliw and converge are the epitome of overated hipster garbage. kids who dont play instruments and bands who cant either love these boring ass acts, music has no balls just tats. 2013 update: more of the same mediocrity. lol wut

anonymous 7/25/2013 3:37:18 AM

You like them or you don't, either way you're entitled to your opinion. Either way can't we all agree that the 20-something's in the scene these days are the worst? Let's see you guys try to last 5 minutes at a show in the 80's or 90's. We call you gays because your skinny jeans look like leggings. - Signed - the guy who wrote the "mmhmhmmmhmhmmm" comment.

anonymous 7/25/2013 3:46:59 AM

anonymous 7/25/2013 4:40:53 AM

anonymous51 minutes ago Jake's vocals are supposed to be bad. You don't have to like it. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't, depends on the day I guess. At least when you hear a converge song you know its them. Most other bands sound alike, cookie-monster vocals with either blast beat, 2step, or breakdown... so KIDS if you don't like it write something new and different or shut your little yaps. permalink | report abuse Jake Bannon ^

anonymous 7/25/2013 6:58:15 AM

FSU ::eye roll:: even the oldest FSU members don't even talk about being fsu anymoe. it's just a bunch of blue collar douche bags who can't get jobs and want to fight because they are stuck in their shit town. look at FSU locations. they all the shitiest places on earth. troy, jersey, boston. fcking losers.

anonymous 7/25/2013 7:20:26 AM

lol @ whole thread

anonymous 7/25/2013 7:21:02 AM

to the mhmmhmmmhmmhmmmmmhmmmm comment dude REAL hardcore is about not giving a fck about all that shit.. u should know that considering the time you came up... If you want real authenticity in hardcore, being an elitist douchebag (on the internet) isnt doing shit.. cus the ppl dissing converge are prob not people into hardcore, theyre Devil wears prada gays. So just remember whos keepin your washed up scene (bc of ppl like u) alive.- 20 something yr old kid

lambgoat 7/25/2013 8:26:42 AM

hey idiots, shut the fck up

anonymous 7/25/2013 8:40:16 AM

I am 8 and I love this band!! All you fat balding 30 year old desk job working gays please excuse my generations poor taste in music. \m/

anonymous 7/26/2013 5:48:35 AM

to this guy: REAL hardcore is about not giving a fck about all that shit.. you wouldn't know real hardcore if it shat in your mouth. I love people who call out others on the internet for talking shit on the internet. Let's do this in person kid. I'm the big black dude that works at Lids on 3rd ave and E 151st street in the bronx. Don't say anything, just come up and take a swing.

anonymous 7/26/2013 9:28:40 AM

I was born without pubes

anonymous 7/26/2013 10:15:21 AM

HIPSTERS HIPSTERS HIPSTERS HIPSTERS HIPSTERS HIPSTERS HIPSTERS HIPSTERS HIPSTERS HIPSTERS HIPSTERS HIPSTERS

anonymous 7/26/2013 1:30:45 PM

What's with all the gay bashing? I thought heavy/indie/hardcore/metal whatever people were supposed to be better than the masses of pop music listening zombie idiots. this thread and most lambgoat threads in general make me ashamed to be associated with this community. grow the fck up.

anonymous 7/26/2013 1:56:44 PM

yawn...

anonymous 7/26/2013 9:55:39 PM

Lol at middle age rage posting.

anonymous 11/26/2013 7:19:12 PM

so to summarize: never click on a lambgoat link again. easy enough. you're all of no consequence to anyone else... especially converge

anonymous 12/16/2013 2:36:54 AM