NewsNovember 22, 2012 10:06 PM ET2,170 views

For All I Am album set for release

Official press release: Chicago, IL's For All I Am will release their debut-full length album, Skinwalker, on January 22 via Equal Vision Records. On December 11, the band will release "Living Dead" - the first single off of the album. Skinwalker was recorded with producer Will Putney (Chiodos, For Today, Like Moths to Flames) at The Machine Shop Studios in Belleville, NJ. The album tracklisting can be seen below. The album title comes from the term "skin-walker", which references a person with the ability to transform into any animal supernaturally. However; For All I Am offers a reinterpretation of the meaning for their album. Vocalist Aria Yavarinejad explains, "A lot of the lyrics I wrote are based around the idea of someone seeming like someone they're not. Our drummer Aaron [Martinez] brought up the word skin-walker one day and I immediately thought of using it as a way to explain those kinds of people that you can't tell who or what they are, and everything they do or say is deceiving. And we also apply it in a second way on the album, pushing people to be who they want to be and whatever they desire. Like a skinwalker having the ability to turn into any animal they desire, you can achieve your dreams and fill your desires of being whoever you want to be." Track listing: 01. For Too Long I've Let It Haunt Me 02. Make History. 03. Oppressor 04. Living Dead 05. Eye of the Storm 06. Mind Trap 07. I, Artificial 08. Limbo 09. Forgotten 10. The Strange Daze

anonymous 11/23/2012 6:43:56 PM

FIRST. NO CARE.

anonymous 11/23/2012 6:48:23 PM

2005 is stoked

anonymous 11/23/2012 6:50:25 PM

maybe they can make some money and get their singer's austin powers teeth fixed

anonymous 11/23/2012 6:54:57 PM

the first ever concept album about Furries

anonymous 11/23/2012 8:53:10 PM

Wow, a band called For All I Am is releasing a single called "Living Dead". Wonder what this is going to sound like. Sing/scream combo? A couple big breakdowns? "Inspiring" and "positive" lyrics about heartbreak with some spirituality thrown in? Opening spot on a tour with Rise Records bands?

ninnymugget 11/24/2012 12:31:08 PM

Asking Alexandria fans are stoked.

anonymous 11/24/2012 3:44:04 PM

"someone seeming like someone they're not." this guy might be actually too dumb to be the screamer of a screamo band.

anonymous 11/24/2012 6:53:15 PM

While THAT^^ was hilarious ... I'm proud of these guys for escaping the shit metal scene of IL. Keep it up, regardless.

anonymous 11/25/2012 6:39:59 PM

in other news, band full of dudes in their mid 20's who still straighten their hair release mediocre music