NewsOctober 30, 2012 4:43 PM ET2,519 views

Shadows Fall drummer sidelined with pancreatitis

Shadows Fall drummer Jason Bittner has revealed that he's been diagnosed with acute pancreatitis. Bittner has issued the following update:
"Due to my recent health issues, I am under doctors' orders to cancel my trip to Austin, TX this week to perform at PASIC 2012. For over a week, what I thought was a stomach bug (and I was still on tour when all of this started), I came home last week and went to the doctors, and it was written off as just that, a bug. This past Saturday the pain came back and lingered into Sunday which forced me into the emergency room yesterday. After a day in the hospital I was poked, prodded, tested and it turns out I have acute Pancreatitis, which I'm told can be very serious if left untreated. They're not sure what brought it on (my Dr. thinks it was viral), but I have been told by my doctors to not leave this week because I need to sent for more tests/MRI, etc. to make 100% sure I'll be road ready for the second leg of the SF tour which starts Nov. 8th - I should be fine, but needless to say I'm very disappointed I will not be able to come perform in Austin this week! Maybe Pasic 2013??"

anonymous 10/30/2012 1:54:13 PM

Cool story, bro.

anonymous 10/30/2012 1:57:17 PM

If Jason Witten can play football with no spleen, this dude can sit behind the drums for an hour. Man up.

AnalButt 10/30/2012 4:57:35 PM

Nip Nip Weiner

anonymous 10/30/2012 6:26:24 PM

Butt-Rock band member suffers Butt injury.

anonymous 10/30/2012 7:54:40 PM

big ol' tittes

LoydChristmas 10/31/2012 11:56:02 AM

so if any dude in any band for any reason has to cancel their vacation plans, we BETTER know about it, LG.

anonymous 10/31/2012 2:28:07 PM

Ow, my pancreas.

LoydChristmas 10/31/2012 6:02:15 PM

this injury is seriously fcking up my fantasy team

vito_bapatatz 11/1/2012 12:18:31 PM

i hear that drunk motorcycle rides are good for pancreatitis

anonymous 11/9/2012 6:02:15 AM

It means you drive too much moron, plain and simple. What an jerk acting like his doctors don't know