NewsOctober 9, 2012 1:34 PM ET10,158 views

Carnifex announces hiatus

Official press release: For extreme death core giants, Carnifex, the time has come to pump the brakes. After supporting their Billboard Top 200 charting 2011 full-length album, "Until I Feel Nothing", Scott Lewis, Shawn Cameron, Cory Arford, Ryan Gudmunds and Fred Calderon, the band is taking a step back from a full-time touring schedule. Recently seen headlining the "Death Metal Rises" tour in the US as well as headlining the annual Bonecrusher Fest in Europe, Carnifex had this to say about their hiatus:
"Fans and Friends.First and for most, a sincere thank you is in order to our fans and friends across the world. Without your support and passion, we are nothing. As of now, Carnifex is in a state of suspended animation. The reasons for this are many and complicated. Let me be clear in saying that Shawn, Cory, Ryan, Fred and I (Scott) are all still members of Carnifex. Let me also be clear in saying that although the future is very uncertain, I can say with optimism, that this is not farewell, but rather, until we meet again. Carnifex is now retreating into the obscurity we once came from. Be certain that us as individuals and as band-mates have a true love for this band. Our desire to create our brand of art and music has never been about trends or money. These things will not decide our future. We invite you to join us live, for the last time in the foreseeable future. We will be making these select dates as memorable as possible and look forward to seeing you there."
Carnifex are playing a series of shows in southern California at the end of the year. 12/21 San Diego, CA @ SOMA Mainstage 12/22 Anaheim, CA @ Chain Reaction 12/23 Hollywood, CA @ The Whiskey

therearetoomanybands 10/9/2012 10:45:43 AM

Good. Delete all albums from existence while you are at it.

anonymous 10/9/2012 10:45:54 AM

This is terrible news. It should be permanent

GingerTroll 10/9/2012 10:54:22 AM

"hurr durr this band is for gays and sucks dck because it doesn't fit my close minded music taste. Scene gays and fake metal posers aren't stoked!" That's what 95% of the scum that comment on Lambgoat sound like. I for one love Carnifex and hope they will return to touring full time in the near future.

anonymous 10/9/2012 10:59:01 AM

fck off Ginger! Is it kick a Ginger day yet????

GingerTroll 10/9/2012 11:01:55 AM

I sense anger, are you angry sir? Grow up kid, you're getting butthurt about a comment on the internet.

anonymous 10/9/2012 11:06:35 AM

gay shit. GingerTroll is a gay too. gay.

xburnfacex 10/9/2012 11:07:33 AM

Thought this happened a long time ago. Oh well.

GingerTroll 10/9/2012 11:10:47 AM

I'm a gay? Nice, go back to 4chan bro. Your insults are so weak it's laughable. Come back when you grow a pair of balls and learn how to converse like you have the mind of someone who isn't 13 and plays Call of Duty after school instead of doing their math homework.

Stupid_News_Poster 10/9/2012 11:11:11 AM

Heard about this a long time ago.Basically they're tired of life on the road. Going to take some time off, and see how it goes again.

AnalButt 10/9/2012 11:19:59 AM

Never listened to them. Cool news.

jon 10/9/2012 11:25:37 AM

Ginger.. Calm down, bro

StrikeLastFaceFirst 10/9/2012 11:32:18 AM

Can't remember seeing "hurr durr" before. Good eye, Ginger Ale.

anonymous 10/9/2012 11:35:44 AM

Someone who writes the phrase "hurr durr" is obviously a very cool, intelligent person. Their intelligence and superb taste is further demonstrated by their preference for shitty deathcore. put your life on hiatus.

dog_boner 10/9/2012 12:05:23 PM

hurr durrrr I plays open-1-3-open forever, is so stimulatingz

anonymous 10/9/2012 12:11:44 PM

Not surprising, this band never had was good to begin with. I'd like to see the whole deathcore scene go on hiatus as well.

anonymous 10/9/2012 12:12:01 PM

"For extreme death core giants, Carnifex" Reading that made me giggle.

whitey 10/9/2012 12:15:04 PM

gay fcking band. Almost got into 2 different fights in 2 different cities because these pussies think they are rock stars but can't draw out 100 kids.

anonymous 10/9/2012 12:19:57 PM

^Need to know more of that story

anonymous 10/9/2012 12:23:23 PM

Hooray! Also, who comments on a news story and then checks again to see if someone has replied to their stupid comment?

anonymous 10/9/2012 12:28:36 PM

My name is Hunter, I'm a huge metalhead and I'm always going to shows. I'm pretty chill and nice once you get to know me. I have a very wide taste in music and I like almost every genre out there.

anonymous 10/9/2012 12:48:25 PM

No one who comments on this message board is fcking intelligent, including myself. So all of you fck off. Let's hear your shitty bands if you are going to get on a music message board and bash other bands who have actually gone out and done something. I don't like Carnifex, but I'm not going to get online and bitch and moan. Just don't buy their shit and move on.

anonymous 10/9/2012 12:49:52 PM

lol at someone named GingerTroll not knowing how to handle trolling. fckin' gay.

anonymous 10/9/2012 1:24:58 PM

anonymous 10/9/2012 1:26:54 PM

People who actually think this band is death metal aren't stoked.

anonymous 10/9/2012 1:45:29 PM

I think its funny seeing all the bigger deathcore bands of 08 dying reeeeeeaalll hard now cause no one gives a shit.

anonymous 10/9/2012 2:13:58 PM

i love Carnifex. im going to miss them. cool dudes

anonymous 10/9/2012 3:22:42 PM

Ginger is not stoked and is probably the only feeling that way.

anonymous 10/9/2012 6:29:30 PM

Proof that 'Deathcore' was a bag of shit genre. Bands dropping off 1 by 1, and losing members. Carnifex were fcking terrible too. When Whitechapel is better than you, you know you fcking suck.

big_metal_al 10/9/2012 8:42:57 PM

"Fans and Friends.First and for most "Fans and Friends.First and for most "Fans and Friends.First and for most "Fans and Friends.First and for most

anonymous 10/9/2012 9:22:05 PM

I know for a fact most of you bastards listened to Carnifex on your way to middle school trying to tune out your mom cause your to metal for her shit, along with every other band you talk shit on.

Everyone_Is_Pathetic 10/9/2012 10:01:12 PM

^ John Cena fan.

anonymous 10/10/2012 5:25:06 AM

your to metal your to metal your to metal your to metal your to metal your to metal your to metal your to metal your to metal your to metal your to metal your to metal

anonymous 10/10/2012 5:58:14 AM

HARDCORE HARDCORE HARDCORE HARDCORE HARDCORE HARDCORE. I LIKE HARDCORE DURR DURR DURR. HARDCORE HARDCORE HARDCORE HARDCORE HARDCORE HARDCORE. I LIKE HARDCORE DURR DURR DURR.

anonymous 10/10/2012 11:22:04 AM

carnifex breaks up that would be good news

anonymous 10/10/2012 12:54:01 PM

You guys are all fcking idiots.

anonymous 10/11/2012 1:53:54 AM

IMPENDING DOOM IS fckING STOKED!!!!!!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY, THEY PROBABLY ARE

ineedsalt 10/11/2012 10:45:42 AM

anonymous 10/11/2012 12:56:12 PM

my favorite Carnifex moment is when they went on tour as support for OBITUARY and UNLEASHED and their tour shirts had "Death fckin' Metal" sprawled across the back. Wow. Really? fcking posers trying to get into the 'real' club. It was an abomination that they were even there let alone a shirt that says that. fck this shitfest of a band.

ineedsalt 10/11/2012 1:49:32 PM