NewsJune 13, 2012 8:34 PM ET12,759 views

Molotov Solution breaks up

The future of Las Vegas, NV deathcore band Molotov Solution is in doubt as vocalist Nick Arthur has announced his departure from the band. Regardless, the band has cancelled all of their previously scheduled shows. Arthur had the following to say:
Bad news guys: First off, I want to thank everyone for all or any support given to help us through the years. Secondly, I want to apologize to our friends and fans for canceling our upcoming shows and tours. It has been a great adventure, but unfortunately I have reached a point where I can no longer continue touring full time. A realization I initially made a couple years ago, but tried to push through for the rest of the band and the fans. Future plans for Molotov Solution are still up in the air, as I would not like to see this be the end. Please continue to support our members in their future endeavors. Either way, we will all continue creating music. Thank you for your time and support. We have dropped all upcoming tours and shows as a result.
This announcement isn't particularly surprising given the band's recent history. In January guitarist (and founding member) Robbie Pina left the band. Shortly thereafter, Molotov Solution's record label Blkheart Group shut down.
UPDATE
Well, so much for the hiatus. According to guitarist Richie Gomez, Molotov Solution is over:
"I've been trying to avoid doing this but I can't answer everybody's questions right now and this is going to be easiest. Molotov Solution has had a long and bumpy ride for many years and has always been fighting to stay above water. All of the hard work and effort sometimes doesn't always weigh out for some and if things must be changed, then so be it. There wasn't tension within the band by any means, just different plans for one another. "With all that being said, YES, Molotov Solution is done. "We made handfuls of great friends and met a lot of awesome people. This band gave us all sorts of opportunities and experience. For now, I believe the rest of the guys and I are just going to be adjusting to the changes and figuring out what our future holds for us. "I just know I'm not done with music quite yet.

Related Lambgoat Video content:

anonymous 6/13/2012 5:38:05 PM

awesome dudes. will miss them.

anonymous 6/13/2012 5:47:16 PM

it seems all of the deathcore bands that had their hayday in 2008 are all realizing that copying meshuggah and playing shows to 14 kids just isn't going to cut the mustard anymore. everyone knows that tr00 hxc is the cool thing to do now, deathcore is so played, brah.

fourthgradecocktease 6/13/2012 5:54:42 PM

bummed

anonymous 6/13/2012 5:57:26 PM

frrrrt

anonymous 6/13/2012 6:21:44 PM

HUGE gayS, NO CARE.

anonymous 6/13/2012 6:23:45 PM

Love watching these deathcore bands crumble 1 by 1 Natural selection at work

anonymous 6/13/2012 6:28:22 PM

deathcore has gotten kinda old over the past few years.. but the harbinger was probably the best deathcore album i ever listened to. these guys we're definitely one of the best bands in the genre.. easily just as good as whitechapel, suicide silence, oceano, etc. Its a shame they didn't have the amount of success those other bands did (plus they were one of the only deathcore bands with relevant lyrics.. instead of just gore gore gore) RIP

anonymous 6/13/2012 6:30:30 PM

Soooo happy I seen these guys with Despised Icon...not to mention the blizzard that hit us after the show.

ineedsalt 6/13/2012 6:35:12 PM

GREAT. now where will i get my molotov? they added solution, which made them extra neat. kids loved that shit

anonymous 6/13/2012 7:00:44 PM

why is this not a supprise to me?

LoydChristmas 6/13/2012 7:18:20 PM

anonymous53 minutes ago Love watching these deathcore bands crumble 1 by 1 Natural selection at work LOL could not have said it better myself.

jon 6/13/2012 7:24:10 PM

lol at "tr00 hxc" hardcore, tr00 or false is still garbage.

anonymous 6/13/2012 7:25:09 PM

Awesome.

anonymous 6/13/2012 7:32:16 PM

Awesome dudes minus Robbie he's a fat gay fck c*nt for sure

Barack_Obama 6/13/2012 7:52:39 PM

Sorry guys no Obama joke right now. Can't stop laughing at this lol XD. Death to deathcore Best news Ive heard all day.

highdefinitionpissjugs 6/13/2012 8:08:41 PM

This band was great. They will be missed.

anonymous 6/13/2012 8:13:39 PM

the real news here is that molotov solution was still a band until recently

anonymous 6/13/2012 8:16:37 PM

Finally deathcore is slowly fading away. Hopefully they won't pull a fake out like Oceano.....

cgrind3000 6/13/2012 8:20:13 PM

Huge bummer, this band actually had an original sound and was pretty tight.

anonymous 6/13/2012 8:33:55 PM

this band was too fcking good, such a bummer

anonymous 6/13/2012 9:13:22 PM

Good dudes, horrible how a member who has been in the band for one year has to make this announcement. I really only cared for this band when Robbie and Kyle were members and when they were TRULY political. Shitty end to a dying genre, might be a good thing? Regardless I play to eventually kill every single person on this site. KANT FCKN W8

anonymous 6/13/2012 9:36:01 PM

Even if deathcore isn't your thing, you gotta admit that these dudes were pretty solid compared to bullshit like Chelsea Grin. RIP

anonymous 6/13/2012 10:37:03 PM

DEMOCRACY IS A MYTH. Solid Band. Good Lyrics. Anonymous out.

Stupid_News_Poster 6/13/2012 10:50:42 PM

R.I.P.

anonymous 6/13/2012 11:04:37 PM

Their self titled albums is my favorite "deathcore"(if you must call it that) album ever. it was unique, it had lyrics that actually served a purpose and it was full of energy. Been loving these dudes since 06 but to me MS died a while ago. Harbinger was great but it didn't have the uniqueness to it. Still I'll miss them.

sandpaperseatbelts 6/13/2012 11:29:02 PM

Hate to hear it, solid dudes. Deathcore is by sheer definition to god tier of metal. Everything else is outdated or plain irrelevant nowadays. Go ahead and troll, i could careless for your shit opinions. BlackChapel and Carnifex FTW

anonymous 6/13/2012 11:47:53 PM

Who the he'll gives a fck the who , fck god 666 shit is so past due them and rose funeral should have been done a long time ago , hail satin although I used to be in a Christian and but then I realized it's not cool so ya satin while secretly I pray for forgiveness of being so fcking gay every night van flip tour flip and go die

anonymous 6/14/2012 12:04:55 AM

^^^^ Some of the stupidest shit I have ever read in this comment above me, people like you are just terrible

anonymous 6/14/2012 6:44:22 AM

Well, that sucks, even if they weren't amazing or anything. Most deathcore bands eventually start playing death-metal after awhile to appear to a wider audience. But like someone above said, should have just became a youth-crew band from Cali where everyone hypes you up without even knowing your sound and then flips your merch 4 lyfe.

anonymous 6/14/2012 6:48:29 AM

This is super shitty! Such an awesome band and one of hte only metal bands that was anti gov. I too think anti chrisitian bullshit is tired but that was mostly only on their shirts. Their lyrics are liberty anthems and I will miss this band badly. Plus they did have an awesome sound. And since when did any deathcore band rip off Meshuggah? have you ever even heard Meshuggah? Meshuggah sounds nohting like any deathcore I have ever heard.

anonymous 6/14/2012 6:53:04 AM

why not just play your songs on a local level, why haul all your shit all over the country for 14 people a show? travel for fests and stay regional and get a job as a teller in the day time and enjoy the summer school holidays. they make 13.50 an hour. get fcked.

anonymous 6/14/2012 8:23:27 AM

Will definitely miss this band. They were only one of a few deathcore bands I truely cared for. The Harbinger is still one of my favorite albums. Meanwhile, lame, genetic, gay bands like Chelsea Grin and Attack Attack still exist.

anonymous 6/14/2012 8:54:35 AM

can't believe how many of you are jocking this weak, generic, dispensable band

anonymous 6/14/2012 9:18:07 AM

What makes them weak?

anonymous 6/14/2012 10:23:04 AM

Good, one more shitty deathcore band gone. fck all you gays.

anonymous 6/14/2012 10:35:04 AM

Happening way too much with so many heavy bands these days...Great showmanship will miss them and shout out to Robbie Pina who started that damn band.

Snoopy2 6/14/2012 11:24:15 AM

Political activists and conspiracy theorists are not stoked

ineedsalt 6/14/2012 11:39:07 AM

so, someone believes this is the work of Satin? so soft against my nekkid body

HBDad 6/14/2012 3:54:48 PM

Their latest album was leaps and bounds better than most "deathcore" to come out in the last couple of years. Sad to see them go.

anonymous 6/14/2012 6:30:02 PM

I'm beginning to think that there's literally a handful of idiots on this sit that literally hate and talk shit about every band. No one cares about your "van flip" stupid comments, the band was pretty good. Don't be so jealous that they got to your for years and your worthless band still practices every other day but can't get a free show at a VFW. Like most, this is shitty news but owell I'm sure it's for the best.

anonymous 6/14/2012 9:19:43 PM

BRING BACK MARTYRDOM CHERUB LOLZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

anonymous 6/14/2012 9:24:48 PM

^^ Dick Rider

big_metal_al 6/14/2012 9:59:04 PM

bummer actually, good dudes, best of luck.

anonymous 6/14/2012 11:16:34 PM

You're all so cool for sitting in a computer chair and hating on a band that isn't Cannibal Corpse. fcking die. Good band, made great music. R.I.P

anonymous 6/15/2012 1:32:15 AM

Apparently they are not breaking up and still making music and not touring. Hopefully Robbie comes back!

anonymous 6/15/2012 5:48:26 AM

Being solid compared to Chelsea Grin is less than nothing to brag about.

anonymous 6/15/2012 9:09:05 AM

very sad news. i fcking hate seeing this happen to bands i love :(

anonymous 6/15/2012 11:16:22 PM

Robbie pina didn't start Molotov and he's a piece of Shit drug addict whining heard didn't write either the harbinger or insurrection, but took praise for it. Good band great dudes love nicks vocals fck Robbie pina

anonymous 6/16/2012 12:27:36 PM

Self Titled was their only good cd, anyways. Before Nick was even apart of the band.

anonymous 6/16/2012 10:13:28 PM

sandpaperseatbelts: you're probably the DUMBEST person on here. you hail satin? is it your dads boxers or maybe his sheets? fcking r tart.

anonymous 6/17/2012 7:20:47 PM

^ Justin Bieber is on lambgoat.

anonymous 6/18/2012 11:49:49 AM

I'm so sad...

anonymous 6/18/2012 2:13:27 PM

They said on their facebook they are not broken up, but their future is indefinite And i'm hate all this deathcore, metalcore, blackened death, whatever subgenre bullshit. Can't a band just be metal? and people who like metal can like them for being metal? Molotov is a great metal band whatever subgenre you want to call them. but the band gets a label put on them and stupid idiotic satanic death metal snobs just start spouting out the word gay like it's the only word in their vocabulary.

anonymous 6/19/2012 10:05:08 AM

Blast beat/breakdown/blast beat/breakdown/blast beat/break up

anonymous 6/19/2012 6:56:10 PM

ALL you gays are fcking idiot... they werent a death core band they were just a metal band that was heavy and a talented one at that. quit being fckin haters and do somethin else with your life. damn.

anonymous 6/21/2012 7:29:05 AM

^Thank you! couldn't agree more!