Glenn Danzig calls North Side Kings punch a setup

Friday, May 25, 2012 7:59 AM PT / 16,208 views

Remember when Glenn Danzig pushed North Side Kings frontman Danny Marianino and got punched in the face? "North Side Kings are undefeated!" Lol. That happened in 2004. If you can't recall, here's the infamous video: In a new interview with La Weekly, Danzig was asked about the incident. In responding, Danzig neglects to mention that he pushed Marianino first, and calls the whole thing "a setup." Here's the relevant exchange:
You were punched in the face by North Side Kings singer Danny Marianinho after a gig in 2004. What led to this altercation? That was him trying to get me on camera punching him so he could sue me or some shit. I forget what it was. When everyone was breaking it up, he coldcocked me. What are you going to do? So he had planned to hit you? Yeah, those were his guys with the camera. No one knows that. Well, back then they did. It was a setup. Did it hurt? No. [Laughs].

brassknuckleromance 5/25/2012 8:06:52 AM

I still lol at this. and fck danzig for cancelling both dates in pittsburgh and clevo on that hatebreed tour for a "mildly sore throat". fck this guy up his stupid shit pipe.

anonymous 5/25/2012 8:07:28 AM

Northside kings still undefeated! #winning!

anonymous 5/25/2012 8:15:11 AM

and this was the pinnacle of north side kings mediocre existence. "undefeated" but still fcking awful...

jon 5/25/2012 8:16:26 AM

Danzig is such an ego freak. You got knocked the fck out. End of story. So, eat that c-ck flavored humble pie and get over yourself.

MarginError 5/25/2012 8:17:08 AM

I will never not LOL @ that video, but definitely still don't know/care who North Side Kings are. I'll just assume typical tuffguy hardcore whose lyrics are 90% "you wouldn't say that to my face" and "standing up for my family" tripe.

anonymous 5/25/2012 8:20:09 AM

Regardless if you like nsk or not, danzig ran his mouth, tried to get tough, and got knocked the fck out. End of story. Having an ego or a "rockstar" doesnt protect you from that. And north side kings all day over that piece of shit!

anonymous 5/25/2012 8:38:34 AM

North Side Jocks vs. Midget

Snoopy2 5/25/2012 8:38:45 AM

Danzig is a fcking gay and needs to be knocked the fck out again. I will gladly service that honour.

TheLoudestGuyInTheRoom 5/25/2012 8:50:38 AM

Cat-breeders whoaaaaa, cat-breeders hey hey hey

anonymous 5/25/2012 8:53:33 AM

not much funnier than watching Danzig get knocked the fck out, lol

anonymous 5/25/2012 8:55:48 AM

"not much funnier than watching Danzig get knocked the fck out, lol" there is funnier, it's called north side kings "music"

anonymous 5/25/2012 9:12:49 AM

^you know... youre right. Theyve only toured with bands like soufly and have played shows with the biggest bands in hardcore and metal and have their names on things like this, that is still relevant 8 years later. What have you done?

anonymous 5/25/2012 9:16:37 AM

^ this isnt relevant. and who is pumped to play with soulfly?

anonymous 5/25/2012 9:17:33 AM

touring with shitfly is hardly something to be proud of. unless you like touring toxic waste dumps and playing to borderline juggalos. what have i done? thankfully not listen to northside kings, so i'm 100% more content with my life in that regard.

IG88 5/25/2012 9:24:04 AM

This is about as real as the moon landing. Obvious shoop all the way through.

hardware 5/25/2012 9:27:27 AM

Man I'm getting old. Anyway, the following day Danny put up an apology on the NSK website to Danzig and his fans saying on a "normal" day Danzig would have destroyed him. He just reacted quickly to the situation without thinking. Why would he say that if this was a setup? Hardware, who cares? I still love the video.

sandpaperseatbelts 5/25/2012 9:31:40 AM

North side kings are still undefeated!!! I laughed pretty fcking hard when I read that! Danzig is a fcking tard, end of story. I walked in to s soulfly/otep show earlier this year... then realized what the fck I was doing with my life and left. I'll never get those 25 dollars back. fack

anonymous 5/25/2012 9:37:59 AM

odoyle rules!

anonymous 5/25/2012 9:45:04 AM

North Side Kings still holds up better than most of the "Hardstyle" hardcore bands today. The lyrics were "typical tough guy" but they did it well and it was believable.

kosher_dill 5/25/2012 9:50:04 AM

Muthaaaaah, tell ya children not to punch my face.

Snoopy2 5/25/2012 9:56:43 AM

blah blah blah more bark than talk, that's all Danzig is. North Side King would kick Danzig's ass again any day. Physically and musically.

iwilladapt 5/25/2012 9:58:59 AM

kosher_dill 6 minutes ago Muthaaaaah, tell ya children not to punch my face. lol

anonymous 5/25/2012 10:00:13 AM

throws bricks at his house

anonymous 5/25/2012 10:46:59 AM

Holy fcking gossip girls. Since when are hardcore and metal the TMZ of the internet. Get laid, you loose lipped losers.

anonymous 5/25/2012 10:56:55 AM

"and who is pumped to play with soulfly?" truth. anyways, danzig is a pretty cool guy, has made pretty decent music in the past. not really into gossip and why someone punched him.

anonymous 5/25/2012 10:57:58 AM

"borderline juggalos."

stevenglasl 5/25/2012 11:09:40 AM

lets say *instert big name metal frontman who everyone likes here* starts a new shitty numetal band but for some reason my imaginary band gets to open for them. i'd be pumped. i mean max was the original singer for sepultura. i think itd be sweet. yea i dont like soulfly but still

stevenglasl 5/25/2012 11:10:12 AM

but most of you are probably like 14 are like whats a sepultura so ill forgive you

duckduckfootloose 5/25/2012 11:16:15 AM

The problem with claiming to legit knock Danzig out, when it's obvious you got lucky, is that every single tough guy juice hog is going to come gunning for you to prove he's tougher than Danzig, without ever having to face him. Also, where was Henry Rollins when all of this was going on?

anonymous 5/25/2012 11:17:18 AM

sepultura was wack anyway

anonymous 5/25/2012 11:19:52 AM

LOLOL

anonymous 5/25/2012 11:22:38 AM

I was pretty upset when Danny knocked Danzig out. Danzig could not suck dck for a week and half. Glenn gets grumpy when he can't get his man juice.

anonymous 5/25/2012 11:39:06 AM

Anyone who things Danzig is "tough" must be an out-of-shape 5'2" Jew like he is. What the fck are you people talking about.

anonymous 5/25/2012 11:51:25 AM

Let's hope this gets warrants a NSK reunion or something else irrelevant

anonymous 5/25/2012 11:54:26 AM

Danzig is King and NSK are the shit. Haha, I remember this video, good stuff.

anonymous 5/25/2012 12:39:35 PM

"Here I am, just moving my motherfcking bricks bitch."

anonymous 5/25/2012 1:13:11 PM

People saying this was a "cheap shot" are fcking retarded. Danzig pushed the guy. Once you put hands on anyone in a confrontation its fair game to get knocked the fck out. Danzig sucks

LoydChristmas 5/25/2012 2:41:17 PM

both parties are fcking pussies and would never punch me to my face.

anonymous 5/25/2012 2:54:03 PM

First off, Old sepultura is where its at. Get your shit straight. Secondly, North Side Kings was one of the the most underated bands in hardcore. I hate all of you gays more than you will ever know

anonymous 5/25/2012 3:00:32 PM

Did it hurt? No. Lucky for me I was unconscious[Laughs].

anonymous 5/25/2012 3:54:18 PM

old sepultura was a bad slayer rip off that morphed into a bad helmet knock off then a third rate neurosis. the only gays here are bros like yourself.

anonymous 5/25/2012 4:16:16 PM

Im not a bro. gay

anonymous 5/25/2012 4:47:22 PM

Hahahhaha at you fcking morons complaining about Danzig being arrogant. You mad that the grass is green too gay boy euros?

anonymous 5/25/2012 5:47:38 PM

North Side Quiefs did virtually nothing after this, way to suck a bag of musical dcks, Danzig is still Danzig on the other hand and he can fck any goth metal bitch literally anytime of the day, North Side Quiefs are still beating off to early 90's penthouse heirlooms.

ineedsalt 5/25/2012 6:11:17 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA nobody cares and you got punched, big deal life goes on

anonymous 5/25/2012 7:34:31 PM

the only good part of this is how danzig tries to say he got sucker punched after some people tried to break it up. clearly pushed a dude and got clearly knocked in the jaw.

stewietantrum 5/25/2012 8:29:20 PM

Rock star can't admit defeat. Talentless meat head punches people. No one is surprised.

anonymous 5/25/2012 10:27:13 PM

Danzig is nothing but a washed up fcking pssy now. He got KNOCKED THE fck OUT and can't be a man and admit it. It's not like he was laid out by some small dude, that guy is a fcking refrigerator. If it didn't hurt, he wouldn't have gotten laid out, he would have ate it and attacked him. That and Danzig pushed him FIRST! How can he say it's a set up when he made a move FIRST! The dude just responded like most people would.

anonymous 5/25/2012 10:44:19 PM

This is what happens when keeping it real goes wrong.

sandpaperseatbelts 5/25/2012 11:09:19 PM

^ Lulz Also yeah man older Sepultura is fcking outstanding! I remember being pissed when they split up and more so after soulfly came out. Though I did get to see Sepultura play with derrick green (terrible live) at the same show I saw slayer and also saw soulfly play with PANTERA during their last tour through Houston. I think I can die happy because I've already seen every metal band worth a fck live.

anonymous 5/25/2012 11:16:25 PM

fcking hilarious.

anonymous 5/26/2012 1:35:13 AM

That ugly chick talking shit in the video after Danzig gets knocked out... Nothing would make me happier than kicking that bitch in the face repeatedly

anonymous 5/26/2012 3:19:53 AM

We need more slurs in the comments. sage. sage. Zipperhead. Ah, now I feel better.

anonymous 5/26/2012 3:21:09 AM

sage? Why can't I say sageg.e.r. and k.i.k.e.?30

brokenhero 5/26/2012 9:16:51 AM

what a worthless fcking comment list. danzig is a narcissistic egomaniac piece of shit. Danny was being very polite in the video and did not provoke or intimidate Danzig before Danzig pushed him. And in the late 90s on the s/t tour Soulfly was fantastic. posers will deny this post

anonymous 5/26/2012 11:53:27 AM

this is the most pointless and irrelevant shit that has ever come out of lambgoat. oh wait...

TheLoudestGuyInTheRoom 5/26/2012 1:31:20 PM

Old Sepultura (Arise, Chaos A.D.) is some classic shit, don't get it twisted. And I'm not a huge Soulfly fan, but they are a fun live band that plays old Sep better than actual Sep

anonymous 5/26/2012 3:44:06 PM

HAHA @brokenhero, your a fcking refined steak cutlet, brokenhero is/was in charge of the NorthSideKings street team and is still getting over having Danny Marianino tatoo'd in old english on his breast plate.

pongo_pigmayis 5/26/2012 11:16:59 PM

Anonymous posting was the worst thing Lambgoat has ever done. Look at all these crybaby gays arguing about wether or not Danzig deserved it. Who cares about either of these musicians?

xfordirelifesakex 5/27/2012 7:38:55 AM

It didn't hurt because you don't feel shit when you're knocked out. No matter how much I love Danzig and The Misfits, egotistical pricks need to be knocked out sometimes.

anonymous 5/27/2012 4:41:33 PM

NSK is easily one of my all time favorite bands. its really too bad they are more known for this stupid shit, and not the awesome, awesome music they wrote. organizing our neighborhood is easily on my top 10 best hardcore records ever list

anonymous 5/27/2012 7:45:40 PM

...rematch you pair of punks

anonymous 5/27/2012 9:02:44 PM

it didn't hurt cause niguh dont remember

anonymous 5/28/2012 6:39:11 AM

Ten gay years after and Glenn Danzig is still talking about how butthurt he was after being knocked cold. What a fcking stupid ass crybaby gay. I guess anyone who thinks that knock-out looks painful on the video has never imagined the traumatizing emotional scar it must have left on that wimp-ass sissy. How pathetic,.

anonymous 5/28/2012 12:55:28 PM

lucky for tubby that doyle wasn't there or he'd be eating his face like a cracked out homeless guy from miaimi

anonymous 5/28/2012 2:37:01 PM

umm... i dont think he brought it up. the interviewer did, dipshit

cannibal 5/28/2012 5:58:07 PM

Danzig seems like a prick and he seems like he did deserve to get punched. He was still killer in the Misfits though

anonymous 5/28/2012 10:21:53 PM

Danggg that means the NSK messed with the video cause I didnt see anyone break them up...

anonymous 5/29/2012 12:57:11 PM

Setup... thats why you put hands on him first right? Stupid fidget.

anonymous 5/29/2012 3:52:43 PM

Let's take another look at that...IN SLOW MOTION...

anonymous 5/30/2012 8:27:49 AM

He's gonna take your daughter out tonight

anonymous 5/31/2012 5:54:28 AM

snoopy2 is a little bitch

anonymous 9/6/2012 1:26:10 PM

Danzig acted like a a$$hole, pushed Danny Marianino, and got knocked on his butt for being a larger than life douchebag. Anything he says contrary to that is spin control.

anonymous 1/31/2013 11:57:50 AM

Danny's book about the beatdown is great!

anonymous 6/26/2013 4:21:04 PM

fck the North Side Kings, There bitches like there fans. All Hail Glenn Danzig!! -Abraham Scott Russo Run Up Lamez