Century Media Records signs Moonsorrow

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 10:40 AM PT / 2,150 views

Official press release: Finnish crusaders of epic heathen metal, Moonsorrow, and Century Media Records are proud to announce a worldwide deal. The band comments: "Moonsorrow are thrilled to start working with Century Media, a label that is home to many fellow artists already! We never make our music half way or with compromises and we know our art is in good hands with people who have the same mentality in running a record label. Now, after a year since the release of our last album we are ready to begin creating something new. The new chapter in this epic journey of Moonsorrow!" Jens Prueter, Head Of A&R at Century Media Europe: "I followed Moonsorrow since their early days and I'm very proud to welcome them now to Century Media Records. They'll be in good family along with their countrymen Finntroll , Turisas and Insomnium. Two of the band members already have some history with us: Henri Sorvali is also part of Finntroll (even if he rarely plays live with any band) and Marko Tarvonen once moved from drums to guitar in the overlooked Death Metal allstar band Chaosbreed, who released an album that is as 'brutal' as its title. "Much has been said about the dark soul of Finnish Metal. A sound that is hard to copy for any non-domestic band. A sound out of endless woods, deepest sorrow and epic majesty. Moonsorrow are probably the most epic of all Finnish bands, not only because most of their songs are over 10 minutes long (sometimes even over 30 minutes), but mainly because they are able to tell stories that are older than written culture. You can follow them even if you don't understand a single Finnish word. Moonsorrow are able to take you on journey through heathen times. I'm guessing I'm not the only one who can't wait for the next chapter."

hatahs 4/10/2012 10:57:39 AM

I need some dick

ineedsalt 4/10/2012 11:17:58 AM

a euro death metal band? well at least Century Media is going outside of the box. they should also sign some metal bands with chick singers

LoydChristmas 4/10/2012 1:12:29 PM

^ this.

metal_bob 4/10/2012 10:24:39 PM

Finally. Now someone release the new album in North America and have them do a headlining tour. Great band.

anonymous 4/10/2012 11:19:21 PM

There is a reason why this label is what 60% of the overall metal market. Boom. Now hopefully this band will get marketed so they can tour worldwide. Hopefully now they can get enough money to put actual production into their music.As a fan I can't wait to see what is going to make of this. Especially considering that most of the other recent new signings for other labels have sucked so much that I almost sold all of my metal records the other week for crack.

ineedsalt 4/11/2012 7:37:41 AM

^ hey, shutup

ineedsalt 4/11/2012 7:39:08 AM

agreed most of that. they sign too many and they usually tour their country or just outside of it

anonymous 4/11/2012 3:00:25 PM

Is Century Media Records signing the Cleveland metal band Vatican? I had seen in a few metal magazines, that CMR was in rush to sign the band... I had a chance to see the band a few years ago, sheer fcking power!