For The Fallen Dreams replaces drummer

Monday, January 16, 2012 12:20 PM PT / 7,352 views

For The Fallen Dreams has dismissed drummer Arvin Sarathy and replaced him with Dylan Shippey. Shippey has been the drummer for fellow Michigan band Legend, whose status as a band is unclear. In related news, For The Fallen Dreams also recently recruited bassist Brandon Stastny, of Thick As Blood. And of course, as we already told you, For The Fallen Dreams recently signed with Artery Recordings, a deal which still has yet to be made public.
UPDATE: Sarathy recently issued the statement below, indicating that he quit the band. This obviously contradicts some of the information we provided, but our sources tell us that Sarathy quit on the same day he was to be let go. Whatever.
"I have been doing a lot of thinking and wanted to give everyone a quick update of what has been going on with me and take this time to clear up any misconceptions. I have decided that it was time for me to part ways with For The Fallen Dreams. I decided this the past week and informed the band about my decision to leave and I will share this information with all of you as well! "The past year with For The Fallen Dreams has been the best year of my life and once I really got a feel for how things work I had changed a lot as a person and realized what I want. There were a lot of differences that I had with the band about the way things should be and the direction the band was going. Where the band wants to go is definitely in a different direction than where I want to go. Amongst other reasons the difference was primarily the musical direction. I felt that with For The Fallen Dreams I couldn't shine as a drummer and I had my unique drumming style and creativity inside me fighting to get out, yet it couldn't be expressed through this music. Likewise because I felt that this band wasn't what I was looking for stylistically and wasn't my forte, I felt that somebody else would be a better fit to excel in this type of a band and would be a greater contribution to the bands wants. "I have toured the world and made some of the closest friends of my life with the guys and guys in other bands that we have toured with. I am very grateful for the opportunity my friends in For The Fallen Dreams have given me and the doors that this has opened for me to pursue my future goals. The band has come a long way and is in a great position and I will continue to support them 100%. The band and I are still friends on great terms and feel mutually that this is the best the decision for both For The Fallen Dreams and I. "I will continue to pursue a career as a professional drummer and appreciate so much the support I have gotten and will get from those who continue to support me in my future endeavors. When I find a band that suits me I will really be able to show my creativity and my style of drumming that I love, and I know you guys will love it too!!Can't wait to show the world what is coming next with my drumming!! "I want to specifically thank For The Fallen Dreams, Motionless In White, Of Mice & Men, I See Stars, Escape The Fate, Zildjian Cymbals, Evans Drumheads, and all of my fans, friends, and family that have supported and will continue supporting me on my journey to be the musician I have been working to become."

anonymous 1/16/2012 12:24:11 PM

the Trash And Burn tour is stoked

xdrummerx 1/16/2012 12:24:46 PM

replaced one gay with another

Stupid_News_Poster 1/16/2012 12:33:57 PM

legend is recording a new album. pretty sure theyre still a band

anonymous 1/16/2012 12:37:35 PM

Straight outta gayinaw

anonymous 1/16/2012 12:42:03 PM

As all of these things are true, this website really needs to stop taking anonymous news submissions or at least clarify with the band or management on whether or not these things are true. Maybe they wanted to make an official release?

anonymous 1/16/2012 12:53:34 PM

Costanzig 1/16/2012 12:57:36 PM

Cory Brendan should sue Lambgoat every time they post news without double checking.

webmaster 1/16/2012 1:06:59 PM

Hey, anonymous... if you don't want this stuff public, then don't acknowledge these things publicly. Also, I know you're one of the guys in the band, so man up and post with your name, or email us at info[at]lambgoat.com if you have a problem.

anonymous 1/16/2012 1:12:44 PM

BET YOU WONT HIT HIM! haha

anonymous 1/16/2012 1:21:00 PM

jun jun jun deedly deedly jun jun jun continues to live on.

LoydChristmas 1/16/2012 1:29:43 PM

celebrity deathmatch: anonymous FTFD fggt takes on The Webmaster (spider man jokes ensue)

LoydChristmas 1/16/2012 1:30:51 PM

also i laughed pretty hard at this.... "yeah man, lambgoat should be sued for harming the for the fallen dreams brand. shares are going to take a hit."

anonymous 1/16/2012 1:45:31 PM

Loyd? You are still alive?

anonymous 1/16/2012 1:46:05 PM

I really hope that c-cksucker of a singer figures out how to fcking belt out a note without the use of a pitch correction module on this record. One of THE worst sounding live frontmen I've ever had the displeasure of hearing.

anonymous 1/16/2012 1:55:56 PM

xmusicislifex 1/16/2012 2:07:58 PM

thats what happens when you allow posting with "anonymous"

anonymous 1/16/2012 2:49:43 PM

This band has become a revolving door of ex-band mates with too many tattoos to find real jobs. Original lineup or no care!

anonymous 1/16/2012 2:54:03 PM

Legend is putting out a 3rd album on Rise Records

anonymous 1/16/2012 3:23:32 PM

fcking hell yes. With that Jihad out, and Dylan in, new FTFD is going to fcking kill, I am hoping for more heavy, better production, and more singing for the next release. Stoked, love this band. fck all haters.

anonymous 1/16/2012 3:45:07 PM

For The gays Dreams

anonymous 1/16/2012 4:11:49 PM

for the fallen gay

anonymous 1/16/2012 6:09:29 PM

Soooo dumb! Love you Dylan :)

anonymous 1/16/2012 8:59:51 PM

Emmure is probably in this.

anonymous 1/16/2012 11:15:34 PM

they didn't dismiss their drummer he quit

kill______yourself 1/16/2012 11:31:10 PM

anonymous9 hours ago fingers crossed FTFD will stop being shitty with their next release. Legend's newest disc is quintessential deathcore and one of my favorite releases of 2k11 Really?

anonymous 1/17/2012 1:25:10 AM

wow this band goes through another member every 2 seconds. there must be a reason all of their members are quitting.

anonymous 1/17/2012 1:25:50 AM

ftfd sucks. they should just end it now.

anonymous 1/17/2012 3:16:31 AM

is this like the 10th drummer that has quit since andrew? probably at least the 10th bass player.

anonymous 1/17/2012 5:48:49 AM

arvin didn't quit...just sayin'

anonymous 1/17/2012 8:26:23 AM

who cares? that arvin kid is a fcking tool

anonymous 1/17/2012 10:37:03 AM

i thought their last drummer was good! ftfd will be awesome no matter what!! :)

anonymous 1/17/2012 10:59:47 AM

webmaster : "Also, I know you're one of the guys in the band, so man up and post with your name, or email us at info[at]lambgoat.com if you have a problem." you're the one who started the anonymous posting, you're the one with the problem fcko

anonymous 1/17/2012 2:46:17 PM

apparently there is something posted somewhere saying there drummer quit but the band and him are still cool

anonymous 1/17/2012 6:06:08 PM

http://www.facebook.com/no tes/arvin-sarathy/i-have-d ecided-to-leave-for-the-fa llen-dreams/34752112194353 4 theres the official statement

anonymous 1/17/2012 6:53:59 PM

gay the gay gay

anonymous 1/17/2012 7:25:56 PM

seems pretty clear - they kicked him out but felt bad so they let him pretend that he quit

anonymous 1/17/2012 9:06:25 PM

he probably quit for the same reason the other 3000 members quit

anonymous 1/17/2012 10:31:44 PM

seems pretty clear - he quit but they feel bad that everybody quits their band so they are pretending he got "dismissed"

anonymous 1/17/2012 10:46:41 PM

anonymous 1/17/2012 11:08:10 PM

^^that link doesn't even work dude. I found it though its posted on facebook. this is the link http://www.facebook.com/no tes/arvin-sarathy/i-have-d ecided-to-leave-for-the-fa llen-dreams/34752112194353 4

anonymous 1/17/2012 11:08:46 PM

wait i guess links don't work here haha

xheartfeltx 1/17/2012 11:29:09 PM

maybe its because their vocalist starts waaaayy too much shit with kids at shows.

anonymous 1/18/2012 8:43:24 AM

LOL I know that arvin kid. He tried out for one of my bands when we were like 16. Tried to mooch whatever he could. My guitarist almost punched him in the face. Ahh, good times.

anonymous 1/18/2012 12:21:10 PM

Arvin is a super talented drummer <33 i bet he will find something way better

anonymous 1/22/2012 1:14:01 AM

that sucks for them. arvin was a mad good drummer.