NewsDecember 23, 2011 12:34 PM ET8,446 views

For Today announces U.S. headlining tour

Official press release: Christian metalcore band For Today are kicking off 2012 with the nationwide headlining "Fight The Silence Tour" presented by HK Army and Substream Magazine. The tour kicks off on March 10th and will make stops throughout the country including the Never Say Never Fest, SXSW and New England Metal & Hardcore Festival before concluding on April 22nd. The tour features additional support from A Skylit Drive, Stick To Your Guns, MyChildren MyBride and Make Me Famous. Full tour dates will be announced soon. Here's a tour video with more info on the "Fight The Silence Tour." For Today will also team up with several social justice organizations and sponsors to help raise money and awareness to help their cause. The mission statement of the Fight The Silence Tour is as follows: "There is no more revolutionary force on earth than a group of young people who are united and focused on one common goal. It's our heart's desire to provide a platform and a venue for the initiation of a scene-wide culture shift. The blind have lead the blind for too long now, so we issue this charge to all who will stand with us: It's time to change this system, not to fit in to it. You were born to fight the silence."

anonymous 12/23/2011 9:53:57 AM

Make Me Famous? A VANFLIP would make you famous......

anonymous 12/23/2011 10:07:55 AM

This band is full of hypocrites minus the brothers (who aren't even christians) I unfortunately did merch on a two month tour for a band who headlined over these guys and wanted to shoot myself every night. So many stories of these good "christians" being scumbags. Vanflip (for a second time)

MarginError 12/23/2011 10:27:32 AM

who?

anonymous 12/23/2011 10:34:36 AM

They should call themselves For Two Gays because that's who they'll be playing in front of every night.

anonymous 12/23/2011 10:40:27 AM

Kinda gay!

anonymous 12/23/2011 10:46:10 AM

These guys are really awesome people.. I've toured with them before and the 2 brothers are definitely Christians.

anonymous 12/23/2011 10:59:05 AM

Impending Doom is stoked.

Chicken_gang_bang 12/23/2011 10:59:37 AM

The news story below this should be about all these bands instead

anonymous 12/23/2011 11:15:32 AM

These guys definitely are legit Christians. That dude doesn't know what he's talking about. John 5:18 "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first."

anonymous 12/23/2011 11:44:28 AM

Def Leppard should be on this.

anonymous 12/23/2011 11:55:48 AM

Christian-cult bullshit. No thanks. I can think for myself, thank you.

anonymous 12/23/2011 12:10:35 PM

christfckingflip. trusted sources claim that at laest one is the son of regis philbin.

ineedsalt 12/23/2011 12:36:45 PM

for today i had two slices of papa john's pizza and a glass of coke on ice, im gonna fart on my dog

anonymous 12/23/2011 1:00:55 PM

No, he's right... they are pretty scummy...

LoydChristmas 12/23/2011 1:26:36 PM

For Today we're looking at partly cloudy skies, highs in the upper 50's and low tonight around the mid to upper 20's so if you're out drinking, Diane, be sure to grab an extra coat

Stupid_News_Poster 12/23/2011 1:48:49 PM

For today (and tomorrow) I decided to not attend this horrible tour.

sgt_grumbles 12/23/2011 2:22:31 PM

The amount of pretention this band brings is fcking cringe-worthy.

anonymous 12/23/2011 2:38:56 PM

Good tour except for Skylit Drive. For Today does awesome live show.

nodicksinthepit 12/23/2011 2:46:52 PM

religion should not be in fcking music. of any kind. christianity, get fcked.

danofthedead 12/23/2011 3:06:29 PM

Saw them a few years back at a non jesus fest. Before they started playing the guitarist started screaming about people challenging his faith. It was hilarious. Pissed off christians.

anonymous 12/23/2011 4:16:55 PM

For Today has some tasty riffs, but I agree, highly pretentious. REdeeming facotr of this tour is Mychildren Mybride and Stick to Your Guns. I'll save my money for the JFAC, the Faceless, Impending Doom tour though.

anonymous 12/23/2011 4:37:08 PM

far too-gay

Colossus 12/23/2011 6:34:38 PM

Jesus is stoked.

anonymous 12/23/2011 6:42:09 PM

surprised no one has suggested they change the band name to FAR TOOGAY

anonymous 12/23/2011 7:25:48 PM

Emmure should be on this

anonymous 12/23/2011 7:27:44 PM

Stick to your guns should be on tour with hardcore bands why the fck does this gay ass shit keep happening ? I guess I'll save my money and wait till next time they come , oh wait that might be with emmure

asaf 12/23/2011 7:28:45 PM

"The blind have lead the blind for too long now, so we issue this charge to all who will stand with us: It's time to change this system, not to fit in to it. You were born to fight the silence" <<< what a rant!!!

anonymous 12/23/2011 7:56:52 PM

oh yeah cant wait to see for gay, a skylit gay, stick to your gays. mygay mygay, and make me gay in 20gay12.

anonymous 12/23/2011 10:49:04 PM

^ is this guy into gays? ^

anonymous 12/23/2011 10:54:29 PM

fcking hilarious that kids think bands like STYG is "hardcore"

dave37 12/23/2011 11:14:57 PM

i really like for today's music but they're so pretentious it's ridiculous. also, a skylit drive is garbage. why r they on this tour

anonymous 12/23/2011 11:23:38 PM

From the snippet in the video, it sounds like STYG should be touring with Breaking Benjamin.

anonymous 12/24/2011 3:04:24 AM

Bibles are stoked

anonymous 12/24/2011 11:15:28 AM

Terrible band. Worse line up.

anonymous 12/24/2011 11:23:40 AM

People need to grow up. These comments are pathetic.

nodicksinthepit 12/24/2011 12:20:17 PM

^ butthurt gay. fck you. fck religion. fck these kind of tours. fck christian bands. fck fck.

anonymous 12/24/2011 12:22:44 PM

Jehovah's Witness are planning a 50 mile bike ride to this.

anonymous 12/24/2011 12:37:19 PM

loving the third grade butthurt comments about christianity and other people's beliefs.

nodicksinthepit 12/24/2011 12:38:29 PM

fck beliefs

le_cunt 12/24/2011 1:28:37 PM

scream the prayer

anonymous 12/24/2011 2:33:36 PM

I didn't say stick to your guns is hardcore dumbass I used to do merch for sick of it all and blood for blood go sck a dck you dumb fck but styg are solid dudes that grew up in the hardcore scene blow me I said they don't fit this tour

anonymous 12/24/2011 3:17:22 PM

By saying that they should be doing hardcore tours, weren't you implying that they fit better on hardcore tours? Because they don't really.

anonymous 12/24/2011 4:54:09 PM

Christianity sucks dck, and it's too bad these fellas have to preach it so hard. They have talent and a vision though, so props to them for that. Ryan is the shit.

anonymous 12/24/2011 8:22:57 PM

"alright this next song is about jesus christ!"

anonymous 12/25/2011 12:50:51 AM

this band is the god damn worst

anonymous 12/25/2011 2:04:09 AM

you used to do merch for STYG? so they let total idiots do merch? So Fallout Boy should be doing hardcore tours because they have a hardcore background? You are clueless aren't you? So STYG should play shows in shitty venues for 100 pretentious kids who won't like them anyways and will just complain about t-shirts that cost more than $10?

anonymous 12/25/2011 9:05:15 AM

You fckkng idiot I said I did merch for blood for blood and sick of it all So everything I just wasted my life hearing you say was pointless dumb fck god your generation suck when I was going to shows all genres got along you are fcking pathetic

anonymous 12/25/2011 10:57:56 AM

BFB and SOIA are fcking lame you tool, your generation sucks because you think gay wigger NYHC is "real" hardcore. Go die in a fire.

anonymous 12/25/2011 3:27:17 PM

Styg were total jerks to us wen we set up a good show for them

anonymous 12/25/2011 4:55:46 PM

Lol then what's good to you doucher? Down to nothing? Foundation ? Bitter end? Those bands all look up to the bands I know god you fcking ignorant bitch your the fcking tool you have no clue what your even talking about fcking newjack

anonymous 12/25/2011 8:18:50 PM

the only thing this band wants to change is more people following thier sham religion so as to sell more records.

anonymous 12/25/2011 8:25:48 PM

its bc "gay wigger nyhc" IS real hardcore, not that gay foundation shit that is just retreaded garbage of shit that came out on victory records in 96...btw, Impending doom IS NOT stoked bc they arent on this gay ass christian propagand-tour gayshit.

anonymous 12/25/2011 11:41:13 PM

Foundation sucks, SOIA sucks, every band name that comes out of your mouth fcking sucks. How's it feel to be a geriatric out-of-touch fckwit grasping at straws?

anonymous 12/25/2011 11:58:57 PM

Agreed, music and religion is stupid; 108, Bach, Mortification, Mos Def, Scribe. All shit.

anonymous 12/26/2011 8:52:25 AM

Preteen beat tour 2012.

Costanzig 12/26/2011 11:25:44 AM

Lol @ the dude name dropping BFB and SOIA like that makes his opinion more legitimate. I wasn't feeling what you said at first but now that I know that you did MERCH for bands I like, well I just can't agree more with you! Especially with the whole STYG thing, you're so right they should be touring with u2 or something. Maybe they can open for Jesus himself when he comes back.

big_metal_al 12/27/2011 7:32:33 AM

this band has got to be the shittiest gay band around. when i saw them live i swear like 3/4 of the room wanted to punch them, myself included.

anonymous 12/27/2011 5:33:36 PM

Sounds like a pretty neat tour.

anonymous 12/27/2011 11:07:40 PM

Lol I wasn't trying to impress anyone kid I wa stating my opinion and some douche bag was trying to tell me about music lol go fap to asking alexandria an all the other bands who ruined music

anonymous 12/28/2011 10:07:58 AM

Your life sucks. Go sell merch for Justin Bieber if you want real props bitch.

anonymous 12/28/2011 11:20:50 AM

Since when did lambgoat turn into a youtube comment thread? Also, I have no problem with this band being Christian, but I have a huge problem with how high the frontman is on himself. Read his biography on his website. Disgusting.

anonymous 12/28/2011 4:28:55 PM

These guys are from my hometown and although their drummer is a nice dude the others especially the little guitarist had a history of running his mouth. They don't try and recruit, they basically throw whatever they believe right down your throat and if you don't like it they basically say fck you. I'll give the benefit of the doubt that they busted their ass's. Still shit tour.

anonymous 12/29/2011 3:48:47 AM

Say what you will, but all of you sinners are going to meet judgment in the final hour of Christ and Holiness. I, as the rest of For Today have worked hard to be where we are and have converted many hateful sinners into God-fearing youth through, what we consider to be, the miracle of our music. If any of you would like to talk to me about your confusion in dealings with the Higher God, I'm always here with open ears.

LoydChristmas 12/29/2011 10:52:26 AM

^the fact that anyone gave you guys a microphone is nothing short of a miracle.

anonymous 12/29/2011 11:29:30 AM

I think its funny when people say that religion shouldnt be in music, when they listen to bands that promote a worldview that they support or believe. Everybody has a worldview and a "religion". Everybody believes something..and it comes out in their music. What about the Atheists bands who talks about no God? Every metal band promotes something..why cant Chritsians promote Jesus through their music?

anonymous 12/29/2011 11:30:42 AM

Every metal band promotes something..why cant Christians promote Jesus through their music? Why should Christians be the only ones to be silenced about what they believe..if thats so..then the weirdos who keep saying that Christians need to leave religion out, should also throw out some of their bands cause they are promoting something too. Very hypocritical..and funny.

anonymous 12/29/2011 11:34:36 AM

If you don't like what For Today stands for, throw out your Devil Wears Prada, August Burns Red,and As I Lay Dying stuff too. They are Christians too.

anonymous 12/29/2011 12:01:23 PM

Tim Tebow is stoked.

LoydChristmas 12/29/2011 12:37:22 PM

^^as i lay dying doesnt preach and their music stands on its own.

anonymous 12/29/2011 12:59:38 PM

Doesnt matter if they preach or not, the lyrics are still about the same God. The Devil Wears Prada states what they believe from the stage. So the problem people have is with speaking more about God, than with the lyrics themselves? Bands "Preach" what they believe (Christian or non Christian) through their lyrics..thats what lyrics are..what they believe or have experienced.

fapxnad 12/29/2011 3:43:04 PM

nobody fcking cares

anonymous 12/29/2011 5:24:57 PM

Fire & brimstone routine? That's sooooo 17th century.

anonymous 12/30/2011 3:35:39 AM

In a troubled time for this world, I truly believe our music lights a bright torch of outstanding love from this world to our Jesus Christ. I am the leader who will bring hell to it's knees with armies of Christianity behind me. Will you fall or will you be protected by my might?

anonymous 12/30/2011 9:25:28 AM

If nobody cares then why do people say anything about it in the first place?. Maybe some dont care, but dont presume that just cause 1 person doesnt care that others do not. If you dont like For Today that's fine, but dont bash them for their music/passion, and yet you yourself love what you love and express it..thats called being a HYPOCRIT.

LoydChristmas 12/30/2011 10:25:11 AM

^no thats called an unforced spelling error.

anonymous 12/30/2011 12:23:45 PM

Lol at the random guy pretending to be a member of the band defending himself. Lambgoat is somehow getting even more lame.

Pony 1/21/2012 12:52:19 PM

Great music, dont care what the lead singer writes about. Infact, who gives a fck about lead singers in general? Oh and fck Jesus, BREAKDOWN.