NewsNovember 7, 2011 5:43 PM ET4,558 views

F*cked Up going on hiatus

Toronto, Ontario punk/hardcore/rock outfit Fucked Up will be going on hiatus this winter, as frontman Damian Abraham will be apparently be focusing on his familial obligations (i.e. a wife and young son). Abraham had the following to say to Spinner Canada: "I can't tour anymore. I don't want to take that away from them, so I would love to find a way to basically make it into a constantly evolving thing where sometimes Fucked Up can go on tour and other times, it's another band involved with us... I have no idea how it's all going to work out. I know we're going to take this long break and hopefully we can think about it and figure it out a little more." The group will perform several more shows during the next couple of months before taking a break.

fuckyourxs 11/7/2011 2:50:41 PM

Uhhhh, who?

lordofthefuckingrim 11/7/2011 2:51:41 PM

no care ever. massively overhyped band. wipe my arse with mix tapes

stustevenson 11/7/2011 3:05:43 PM

Laughed when i heard these guys at youth group last week, they need to go back to music school. There can only bo ONE Winger guys!

needssalt 11/7/2011 3:10:39 PM

well thats fcked up

DaviexDues 11/7/2011 3:15:30 PM

Damian is focusing on weed

LoydChristmas 11/7/2011 3:16:59 PM

needssalt 11/7/2011 3:44:43 PM

LoydChristmas 11/7/2011 3:16:59 PM Abraham had this to say: "I'm tired of telling my wife's friends and family members i'm in a band called fcked Up." ...THAT is the goddamn truth right there. bring parent to school day is out of the question

cgrind3000 11/7/2011 4:07:09 PM

^went through my head as well haha

vagisilcreem 11/7/2011 4:36:42 PM

...or it could be that he just wants to spend time with his family.

horseheadxbookends 11/7/2011 4:52:58 PM

still never heard this band and i feel they play every weekend in new york

IG88 11/7/2011 7:22:19 PM

He's been saying for years that they will break up after this album. IMO his voice is the worst part of the band.

SlaveTheDay 11/7/2011 10:26:49 PM