Bury Your Dead's new album set for release

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 11:07 AM PT / 7,580 views
Official press release: Masters of Metalcore Bury Your Dead will release their cataclysmic new album, Mosh 'n' Roll, on August 2 via Mediaskare Records. This is the band's sixth studio album in their decade long career. Bury Your Dead has unleashed a brutal new song, "Bluebeard," exclusively with Noisecreep.com here. Returning to the mic for the first time since 2007, Mat Bruso leads the band (guitarist Brendan "Slim" MacDonald, and drummer Mark Castillo) through a sonic hailstorm of vicious ferocity on eleven blistering tracks of intense hardcore and metal. "In the years I spent away from Bury Your Dead, I spent a lot of time thinking of all the things I could say on tour or on a record that I can't get away with saying in the real world," explains Bruso. "I would listen to the old stuff and think, "I can't believe that I used to yell this and kids would yell it right back." Doesn't work like that in the real world. I never thought I was the kind of guy who needed to write poetry or lyrics to get by; I just enjoyed doing it. But, I found myself scribbling things down and repeating lines to an imaginary song in my head all day at work, "You're not getting older, you're just getting old," over and over again. I jumped at the chance to get some of these lyrics off my chest, doing guest vocals for Four Year Strong and The Ghost Inside. So when Bury Your Dead asked me if I wanted to do another record, well, fuck yes." Featuring eleven furious hardcore metal anthems like "Slaughterhouse-Five," "Bluebeard" and "Slapstick," and recorded by Shane Frisby (The Ghost Inside) at his The Brick HitHouse studio, Mosh ‘n' Roll recaptures the inflamed spirit of Bury Your Dead's early records as the band dives fist first into the pit for one of the year's most torrential metalcore albums. "This record has some of the heaviest songs Bury Your Dead has ever written, and lyrically it is my favorite," adds Bruso. "Marks feet do all the things we have come to expect them to, and Slim chugs so much, I don't even think his guitar is making notes half the time. The whole thing is written to be played live. It speeds up for two-step parts live and slows the fuck down for some incredibly violent breakdowns. I say some of my favorite things ever. It continues the themes of family and forgiveness, but abandons whinny tour lyrics and is just the most bitter and angry stuff we could muster. I am still Edge, but some of the lyrics she proposed were about drinking and I feel like they worked as metaphor for shitty destructive decisions we all make, and it gets me so pumped just thinking about playing them live." Bury Your Dead has sold over 300,000 albums worldwide and have toured with bands like: Korn, Killswitch Engage, Disturbed, Chimaira, Deftones, Suicide Silence, Stone Sour, Shadows Fall, Cavalera Conspiracy, The Dillinger Escape Plan among many others. The band will be headlining the Over The Limit 2 Tour this summer with Evergreen Terrace, For The Fallen Dreams, In The Midst of Lions, Thick As Blood, Betrayal, Hundredth and Murder Death Kill supporting followed by a headlining European tour in August. Mosh ‘n' Roll track listing: 01. Slaughterhouse-Five 02. Nothing Is Lost Save Honor 03. Bluebeard 04. The Sirens of Titan 05. Deadeye Dick 06. Timequake 07. Sun Moon Star 08. Slapstick 09. Mother Night 10. Jailbird 11. Mosh ‘n' Roll

breakdatback 6/29/2011 11:08:44 AM

fist in my butt

streetsofrage86 6/29/2011 11:29:34 AM

"I am still Edge, but some of the lyrics she proposed were about drinking and I feel like they worked" What?

Kevl 6/29/2011 11:33:24 AM

Is getting ready to write a thesis on breakdowns or some shit? Jesus christ, this was painful.

needssalt 6/29/2011 11:39:57 AM

who the fck is "she"? "I don't even think his guitar is making notes half the time"? way to make me hate it already Bilbo

changefly12 6/29/2011 11:55:33 AM

Don't steal and claim Ghost Inside lyrics... So not edge bro. My favorite part is "toured with bands like: Korn"

jeagive 6/29/2011 12:07:35 PM

Featuring eleven furious hardcore metal anthems like "Slaughterhouse-Five," "Bluebeard" and "Slapstick," (and don't forget) "Mosh ‘n' Roll". All these books were written for seniors in High school.

crowflier 6/29/2011 12:55:51 PM

well thanks for the props guys. this recorded was recorded at THE BRICK HITHOUSE.

crowflier 6/29/2011 1:01:50 PM

thats record was recorded. it was mixed by me ( shane frisby) and chris marciante at THE BRICK HITHOUSE

crowflier 6/29/2011 1:24:20 PM

thanks webby :)

xfordirelifesakex 6/29/2011 1:32:29 PM

Exactly, who the fck is this "she" and why would she have any input towards what is on your album?

crowflier 6/29/2011 1:39:10 PM

"she" is Mats sister, who he has always written his lyrics with. as Mat puts it if you have BYD lyrics tattooed on you, she wrote it, if you screamed lyrics at a show, Mat wrote them.

crowflier 6/29/2011 1:40:17 PM

and he wrote those Ghost Inside lyrics when he came to do his guest vocal on their album "returners" that i also recorded.

vanflipx10000 6/29/2011 2:23:48 PM

Stoked, don't care if it's a little cheesy

Godfatherofsoul 6/29/2011 2:24:51 PM

As if anybody will fall for this.

HBDad 6/29/2011 2:41:04 PM

Really liked the first song they released but not feeling the second one at all so far. I also hope SOME of the melodic moments from the last two albums somehow makes it on this album though I don't know if Bruso is capable of this or not.

LoydChristmas 6/29/2011 2:44:53 PM

massive creative writing fail. introduce who "she" is before using pronouns goddamnit. this is metalcore we're talking about.

EwokFromEndor 6/29/2011 3:53:57 PM

I'll listen, only because Bruso is back. But never thought this band was all that good, even before that shitty new vocalist and their awful "melodic" bullshit.

xfordirelifesakex 6/29/2011 4:16:37 PM

Embarrassing that he needed help to come up with lyrics such as "you crossed the line from enemy to casualty the day you disrespected me." Especially from his "sister". Pull it together.

urmoshin 6/29/2011 6:03:00 PM

"She" is Mat's fcking sister you dumb fck.

Shitposter2 6/29/2011 7:34:52 PM

who the fck is she

Dr_Radiation 6/29/2011 7:55:42 PM

Must be some crazy lyrics you have going on.. glad you spent some time away from the band so you can come up with titles like: Sun Moon Star, Mosh 'n' Roll & Slaughterhouse-Five.

slut 6/29/2011 8:39:55 PM

No songs about bags of jewels, no care.

Godfatherofsoul 6/29/2011 9:13:11 PM

This guy is meant to be a tough motherfcker right? He's a little boy with the reading age of a 5 year old.

loki 6/29/2011 11:15:23 PM

The stab at nu-metal didn't work out that well. They'll never be able to erase the blemish of turning their backs on what made them popular. I'm just glad Mat's back and I'm looking forward to this. You run of the mill haters can suck me.

conduit 6/30/2011 5:32:52 AM

No songs about their struggle to recover a bag of stolen jewels?

vomityouout 6/30/2011 5:08:25 PM

vonnegut is rolling in his grave

tropy 6/30/2011 6:17:58 PM

followed by an ayn rand themed album next winter

Godfatherofsoul 6/30/2011 10:26:24 PM

Loki... i don't think you even know what run of the mill means.

bensy 7/1/2011 6:12:00 AM

tropy 6/30/2011 6:17:58 PM followed by an ayn rand themed album next winter HOLY fckIN LOL. Yo fck all ya'll I'm still 15 at heart and if this is half as catchy as Cover Your Tracks, I'll be lifting to it. Fight me in the shower.

LoydChristmas 7/1/2011 11:42:46 AM

"Myke, BYD: You're doing it wrong. Gimme that." -Mat Bruso

iluvnumetal 7/1/2011 2:34:23 PM

05. Deadeye Dick ha ha ha ha ha

terrencemaddox 7/2/2011 6:51:27 PM

+1 Dr_Radiation , touche'.